Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2016, 10:25 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
You get tough. You get even. Good Veronica Mars quote there.
that gif set!
Yes, Veronica's motto.

The gig set (inviting Logan to dinner). Why was Veronica so "nervous" about it? So Keith didn't like Logan. But why didn't she let them to get to know each other?
Old 09-19-2016, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

is there a need for a bigger reason than that?

there;s a lot of 'bad' history there.. seems pretty normal to me that she would be nervous.. and because she obv really likes logan, there's a lot more at stake.

and i guess easier for her to compartmentalize them.. so that even if keith doesnt like him, as long as she keeps them separate part of her lives, she can still have great relationship with both
Old 09-20-2016, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

love those scenes.
Old 09-21-2016, 09:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingjay (View Post)
is there a need for a bigger reason than that?

there;s a lot of 'bad' history there.. seems pretty normal to me that she would be nervous.. and because she obv really likes logan, there's a lot more at stake.

and i guess easier for her to compartmentalize them.. so that even if keith doesnt like him, as long as she keeps them separate part of her lives, she can still have great relationship with both
Yes ... makes sense.
Although she could have given them a chance and it could have made life of all three of them much easier and better.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

hence the dinner....

Lives ruined, bloodshed | Veronica and Logan filming each other the night of...
Old 10-29-2016, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They started out as friends. Sometimes, friendships lead to more...LoVe
Old 10-30-2016, 12:43 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
They started out as friends. Sometimes, friendships lead to more...LoVe
True. And than they were enemies too. What a strange way to LoVe
Old 10-30-2016, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

They were all close friends. In those old clips, Veronica and Logan seem to get along swimmingly. But it got sour between them and Logan acted out. Perhaps Keith was worried that the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree considering Aaron and Logan. By that type Keith knew that Aaron was a psychotic abusing murder and he could see in some ways Logan was a lot like his father.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
They were all close friends. In those old clips, Veronica and Logan seem to get along swimmingly. But it got sour between them and Logan acted out. Perhaps Keith was worried that the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree considering Aaron and Logan. By that type Keith knew that Aaron was a psychotic abusing murder and he could see in some ways Logan was a lot like his father.
I agree with you. I've always believed, that Keith saw similarities between Logan and his father and was consequently against relationship between Veronica and Logan.
Old 10-30-2016, 01:59 PM
Master Fan

Logan is clever, witty, he's a man that people and women flock to. They listen to, they follow, he's full of passion and action. Just like Aaron and that's only a few of the similarities.
Old 10-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
Logan is clever, witty, he's a man that people and women flock to. They listen to, they follow, he's full of passion and action. Just like Aaron and that's only a few of the similarities.
Yes, you're right. Logan had the same charm as Aaron (among other similarities).
Aaron hired Keith when obsessed fan stalked him. And Keith has seen how ruthlessly (with how many women at one single party) Aaron cheated on his wife. Just this single incident was enough to frighten Keith (and it wasn't even 1% of Aaron's sins) - what a terrible fate could have Veronica had in relationship/marriage with Aaron's son.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

While all that is true, it's really not fair to judge a man by his father's actions. Logan had his faults, but he hated his Dad in a way for being mean to him and his Mom. He would have made sure he never became his father.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

keith did see logan get 'violent' too when they broke up in the s2 premiere flashback.. he smash their lamp
Old 10-31-2016, 02:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingjay (View Post)
keith did see logan get 'violent' too when they broke up in the s2 premiere flashback.. he smash their lamp
But to be fair to Logan, it was the lamp and not Veronica. (With Aaron it would probably be the lamp thrown at Veronica) I think Logan stepped away from Veronica and attacked the lamp instead. I think he had to let loose somewhat (though I don't think it's a good action what he did) Logan has so much anger inside of him, especially then, I'm surprised he wasn't acting out more.

I was watching this skit of a British comedian. His dad and him didn't get on, he was apparently a emotionally violent, alpha, working class hard man who never appreciated his son. And is was part of his comedy routine talking about fathers and sons. He was saying that for most men, they either want to be just like their fathers. Or they want nothing to do with the men their fathers are. There not really a lot in between. It's either I want to be him in every way or I never to be like them in any way.

And it's like that for Logan, he wants nothing, absolutely nothing to do with his father. Logan has heart, he has so much heart. That's a big difference between Aaron and Logan. Aaron seemed to only have heart for himself, considering how much pain he brought to the love ones around him. But Logan, especially as he grew gave so much of himself to the people he loved. He wore his heart on his sleeve and made his feelings clear.
Old 10-31-2016, 01:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Well, I agree with you, but not completely.

I thought that grown up Logan (especially in the movie and in the books) was really ok. He was mature and in really different than his father (he cared for his ex girlfriend - he was her "sponsor", he tried to do something meaningful with his life, etc.). He actually seemed very kind man. And even in high school and at Hearst Logan was nothing like Aaron.

However, IMO Keith had his reasons to be afraid. He just loved his daughter and he reacted protectively. Smashing up a light is, as you say, not ok - it could be a beginning of aggressive behavior.

And as much as Logan hated his father, many victims become abusers themselves. They just fall into patterns. Just like Trina took a family pattern and dated an abusive boyfriend.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread