Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2016, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaja (View Post)
Yes, I agree with you. Rob Thomas is really master. He is so talented.

I loved HIMYM. It seemed funny, fresh and a little different. But they ended it, the way they had planed it from beginning. And the ending wasn't ok. The death of the titular character (and we waited 10 years to meet this character) seemed a cheap plot device.

Logan and Veronica are so perfect from many different reasons. And surprise is a little part of their magic too.
I loved HIMYM too because it was a little different and it had a kind of charm. But the ending ruined everything and now I can't think or watch that show on reruns without cringing. They not only backtracked, they made the titular character pretty much only there to fill time in Ted's life and so he could have his desired children and family life. Until she could be killed off in a tragic way, so Ted could be with "his true love" Robin. Even though they had continue to not work out in the past whenever they tried it. After the show spent several season bringing an end to Ted and Robin's relationship and building up Barney and Robin relationship which had brilliant chemistry and a true connection of understanding and acceptance between them. Only to then kill it with some lame excuse and undo all the character development both had made over the whole series. It just felt like a bunch of bs that they forced on us because they wanted their ending that they had started with, not the one the show deserved that would have been more organic considering where it went.

Sorry I just really hate what HIMYM became and really glad that RT didn't let Veronica Mars become that.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, it is an amazing video!
Agree with everything you all said-Rob paid attention to what was going on and to what the fans responded to.
I quit watching HIMYM 2 yrs before it ended. But I definitely heard about it-from everyone I know who watched-believe me, no one was happy with it.
Old 07-01-2016, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
Yes, it is an amazing video!
Agree with everything you all said-Rob paid attention to what was going on and to what the fans responded to.
I quit watching HIMYM 2 yrs before it ended. But I definitely heard about it-from everyone I know who watched-believe me, no one was happy with it.
I watched it on and off, but I wanted to see the final season to see the mother. And she was great and wonderful and I loved her. And then they shot that all to hell and just left I think everyone with a bad taste in their mouths about the show.

I love that RT listen to the show and to the fans and understood that things might take a different path. Doesn't mean it's a better or worse path, it's just different and sometimes you need to let it grow instead of squashing it and ignoring it completely. And RT has said himself later in the series, that you just can't compete with what is going on between the two of them.
Old 07-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, we did have to wait years for our couple to get together forever, but Rob and us knew V and L had to end up together.
Old 07-03-2016, 02:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
I loved HIMYM too because it was a little different and it had a kind of charm. But the ending ruined everything and now I can't think or watch that show on reruns without cringing. They not only backtracked, they made the titular character pretty much only there to fill time in Ted's life and so he could have his desired children and family life. Until she could be killed off in a tragic way, so Ted could be with "his true love" Robin. Even though they had continue to not work out in the past whenever they tried it. After the show spent several season bringing an end to Ted and Robin's relationship and building up Barney and Robin relationship which had brilliant chemistry and a true connection of understanding and acceptance between them. Only to then kill it with some lame excuse and undo all the character development both had made over the whole series. It just felt like a bunch of bs that they forced on us because they wanted their ending that they had started with, not the one the show deserved that would have been more organic considering where it went.

Sorry I just really hate what HIMYM became and really glad that RT didn't let Veronica Mars become that.
Yes, I agree.
I could have lived with the ending, where Ted wasn't finding a real soul mate. It could have been beautifully sad.
But this ending WAS JUST PLAIN STUPID.
They introduced the mother, she gave him children, he has wanted, but he didn't want her, so they killed her off, and he could have wooed Robin again. STUPID!

And why did they undo Barney's development?! He could have been with Robin or with Nora, or he could have become a monk or CEO or an activist for a crazy cause. But to undo his character development? STUPID! Even Marshall and Lily were boring at the end.
It was a sort of show, where I have expected some sort of twist at the end. I don't know. Perhaps Robin could have been a biological mother or Ted would not have been a father (Marchall's brother or even Barney could have been a father). Or one of the main characters could have died. Or they could have just made a normal ending without any twist.

However, I hope, that RT won't do something bad to Veronica or Logan (or Keith). I hope they will be OK. And I would like Veronica and Logan to get married and to have kids. Please!!

Last edited by tanaja; 07-04-2016 at 10:22 AM
Old 07-06-2016, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved watching their story unfold.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes, I agree.
I could have lived with the ending, where Ted wasn't finding a real soul mate. It could have been beautifully sad.
But this ending WAS JUST PLAIN STUPID.
They introduced the mother, she gave him children, he has wanted, but he didn't want her, so they killed her off, and he could have wooed Robin again. STUPID!

And why did they undo Barney's development?! He could have been with Robin or with Nora, or he could have become a monk or CEO or an activist for a crazy cause. But to undo his character development? STUPID! Even Marshall and Lily were boring at the end.
It was a sort of show, where I have expected some sort of twist at the end. I don't know. Perhaps Robin could have been a biological mother or Ted would not have been a father (Marchall's brother or even Barney could have been a father). Or one of the main characters could have died. Or they could have just made a normal ending without any twist.

However, I hope, that RT won't do something bad to Veronica or Logan (or Keith). I hope they will be OK. And I would like Veronica and Logan to get married and to have kids. Please!!
What I don't understand is why they couldn't just end HIMYM with Ted and the mother (Tracy) meeting. Leave it open there and let the audience think that they had this beautiful life together. Considering all those wonderful stories of how happy they were from Ted all those years.

What really pissed me off about that show is they undid all these season of character development and relationship development for a eff you to the people who had loyally watch the show for years. It's just so insulting to everyone involved.

Sure Barney and Robin were the most obvious ones, but they pretty much screwed over everyone all so they could cling to something that was just effed up. And they screwed themselves over as well. I don't think (though I may be wrong) that the powers that be behind the show have done much since the show ended. Probably down to people saying, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

That's why I like RT's work, he changes and tweaks and evolves. Sure he messes up too, Duncan being a prime example. I'm not talking just about the romance, though there is that too. They kinda killed his character when in later season one they had to make him a valuable murder suspect for Lily's death. So unlike Logan, Weevil, Wallace who we all got to dive into the surface of them as characters. Duncan was kept him in mystery, shallow character, giving the audience nothing to connect to. He was just kinda there, with his brooding and wishy washy behavior. And then in season two, they made him to this 180 where he was really flat and lacking in any real character development. Though I wonder if at the start of season two, RT and company knew that Teddy was leaving the show and they had to get rid of him somehow. So they gave the audience even less of him to connect with, so they wouldn't bat an eye when he was gone.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:05 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
What I don't understand is why they couldn't just end HIMYM with Ted and the mother (Tracy) meeting. Leave it open there and let the audience think that they had this beautiful life together. Considering all those wonderful stories of how happy they were from Ted all those years.

What really pissed me off about that show is they undid all these season of character development and relationship development for a eff you to the people who had loyally watch the show for years. It's just so insulting to everyone involved.

Sure Barney and Robin were the most obvious ones, but they pretty much screwed over everyone all so they could cling to something that was just effed up. And they screwed themselves over as well. I don't think (though I may be wrong) that the powers that be behind the show have done much since the show ended. Probably down to people saying, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

That's why I like RT's work, he changes and tweaks and evolves. Sure he messes up too, Duncan being a prime example. I'm not talking just about the romance, though there is that too. They kinda killed his character when in later season one they had to make him a valuable murder suspect for Lily's death. So unlike Logan, Weevil, Wallace who we all got to dive into the surface of them as characters. Duncan was kept him in mystery, shallow character, giving the audience nothing to connect to. He was just kinda there, with his brooding and wishy washy behavior. And then in season two, they made him to this 180 where he was really flat and lacking in any real character development. Though I wonder if at the start of season two, RT and company knew that Teddy was leaving the show and they had to get rid of him somehow. So they gave the audience even less of him to connect with, so they wouldn't bat an eye when he was gone.
Yes, an open ending, where Ted just met the mother, would have been very good too. I also liked Robin and Barney (actually, I watched the show mainly because of them... and Lily) - but I have expected a twist in the end. I would love a happy ending for them though. I also felt, that Lily and Marshall were boring in the end and that was a shame (because they were not boring before).

I really liked Duncan. IMO Duncan in S2 realized, that he hasn't loved (new) Veronica any more. And this was the best part IMO, because it was so unexpected and because characters have evolved in different directions.

However, you're right, that Duncan was kept in mystery. I expected him to turn out to be a prince in disguise, but he turned out to be just another noir character.

But Logan and Veronica really had an amazing chemistry. So Duncan just ...
If the series lasted 7, 8 years, IMO Duncan would have returned back to Neptune and he might have even resumed a relationship with Veronica at some point. After all ... Veronica would have had to make a final decision and choose Logan (or Duncan).
If the story (books, series, movies) will continue, we will see more of Duncan sooner or latter.

Last edited by tanaja; 07-08-2016 at 02:17 AM
Old 07-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

Well, when you put it that way, it's no wonder Teddy left acting and became a lawyer. It's too bad really. He had talent and he was cute too.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the videos.
Old 07-18-2016, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

http://www.bustle.com/articles/17141...nal-investment
Old 07-19-2016, 04:53 PM
Addicted Fan

Interesting.
But Wallace and Jackie (quite unpopular) are before very popular Keith and Alicia.
And Veronica and Troy are before Veronica and Leo? I am a little surprised

Well, I am not surprised about LoVe.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

I actually liked Leo and Veronica, thought the age thing was hard. I really enjoyed their banter and how they interacted together.

Honestly season one Veronica and Duncan not so bad, season two I just found them forced and boring.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I actually liked Leo and Veronica, thought the age thing was hard. I really enjoyed their banter and how they interacted together.

Honestly season one Veronica and Duncan not so bad, season two I just found them forced and boring.
I like Leo with Veronica more more than Veronica and Piz (she pretended to be different person, when Piz was around).
I liked Duncan more than Leo initially. But then he killed Aaron ...
Old 07-20-2016, 01:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I like Leo with Veronica more more than Veronica and Piz (she pretended to be different person, when Piz was around).
I liked Duncan more than Leo initially. But then he killed Aaron ...
Interesting, one of the things I liked about Duncan season two was that he had Aaron killed. It gave him some depth and complexity that he was missing a lot that season.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread