Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2017, 02:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
That is an awesome analysis of Veronica. You should be a shrink! You're right, no one is perfect. And based on what you said, Logan is and always was right for Veronica.

Back to Duncan - she got back with him because Logan was acting out and not going to school, and they had been shot at too. Veronica wanted him to clean up his act. Then Duncan starts "stalking" her just kiddin-wins her back in a few weeks...She wanted to be "normal again".
Why thank you, it's something I have always been interested in. But never really looked into it.

Logan and Veronica are a lot alike, but also very different. Which is what works for both of them, they challenge each other, they keep up with each other, they bring out the best in each other. They just get each other, sure there is a lot of lightness in them. But they have both been to hell and back several times over. Looked into the darkness, swallowed whole by it, embraced it, and came back out with a part of it still with them. Which both empowers and hinders them at the same time. They don't need to explain themselves, or hide themselves, or layer themselves up. They just understand and get each other and it flows between them, like lighting dancing from one storm cloud to the next.

I think both Duncan and Veronica wanted to be "normal" not that it was ever gonna exist again. And not just because of Lily being killed, but everything else that went down in their lives. But I think Logan knew life was too messed up for that, he didn't handle his in the best way. But I always thought he knew more than the other two. He just handle it horribly and it only hindered his own recovery, letting himself fester like an open wound.

Duncan and Veronica were all wrong for each other. I think the writers kinda dropped the ball for Duncan in season two, so his character kinda lost steam. I also think it was there way of showing how much more Logan was her soul mate than Duncan. That he was better suited for someone like Meg. And they were more trying to recapture something that didn't exist anymore, maybe because they thought they had been robbed of that future when Lily was killed. But honestly, in the long run I don't think they would have worked. They would have gone off to different colleges. And wrote, texted, and visited, but in the end I think they would have been each others first loves and moved on to someone new in college.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Addicted Fan

very good analysis cherrios. Thanks for pointing it out.

And it's true. If Lilly wasn't killed, Duncan and Veronica would have gone to different colleges (Veronica to San Diego State University, Duncan probably to something like Stanford, Harvard or Yale) and they would have grown apart.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrios (View Post)
What always pissed me off about the Piz pairing. Is that they kept on going on and on about what a nice guy that Piz was. And how he was the better choice because he was a nice guy. But that was about all he was described as was a nice guy. He didn't really have much else about him, there was less substance. Just because someone is nice, doesn't mean they are right for one person more than another. Was he able to keep up with her mentally, her wit, her jokes, her intelligence? Did he have her back? Did he understand what made her tick?Did they have things in common?

And Veronica is not a "nice girl" by any standards. Yes, she's a good person who does good things, but that "nice girl" hasn't existed since before Lilly and not really even then. Because she was just repressing a part of herself in a way, how Lilly would talk about her being red satin, when Veronica was showing Lilly her pink girly dress for the dance. Veronica is an amazing, strong, smart, beautiful woman. But she is also vengeful, judgmental, emotionally closed off, holds onto grudges, mean spirited, and see herself as better than others. And that's just a few, she's more rocky road, while Piz is more vanilla. They were in completely different leagues and from what I saw in the movie, they still were. She had cut a big part of herself off again to fit into the relationship, but she really came back to life when she was back with Logan.
I do like piz because me and him are very much alike and can relate to each other very well, but I do like the LoVe pairing as well.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I do like piz because me and him are very much alike and can relate to each other very well, but I do like the LoVe pairing as well.
I liked Piz too for the most part, though he didn't really fit with the rest of the show. He was more of a CW influence and condition. But I do think they did better justice to him in the movie than they did in the show.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I liked Piz too for the most part, though he didn't really fit with the rest of the show. He was more of a CW influence and condition. But I do think they did better justice to him in the movie than they did in the show.
yes this.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree with both of you. Movie Piz was much better! And he showed guts when he cut Veronica loose on the phone.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:00 AM
Master Fan

I think Piz realized that Veronica was who she was and she was never going to be able to let things lie without knowing the truth and getting justice. Plus I think he realized that the connection of LoVe was always going to be too strong. And so he took a very healthy choice for himself to end things.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightfan14 (View Post)
I agree with both of you. Movie Piz was much better! And he showed guts when he cut Veronica loose on the phone.
I have always loved Pizs character because he is like me. If we were put into a room together, we would have plenty of fun. I can relate to him and he is real. I really love Logan/Veronica buildup.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
I tried hard to like Piz for the sake of the movie, but nope he just never worked for me.

Forcing Piz to still be Veronica's boyfriend by this point was so ridiculous, and done once again for the sake of pinpointing her relationship with Logan as dangerous and unpredictable. It's like the writers were begging you to root for Veronica to be with the safe and sweet guy... Even though it negates everything about her personality. She is meant for more than what Piz or any other guy can offer. It's only Logan who matches her in temperament and impulsiveness.

The amount of times we heard Veronica's friends, or her dad, say in the movie "see how good Piz is for you??? See how bad Logan still is for you???" it was really starting to get on my nerves.

In a nutshell, Veronica was fighting against the inevitable. She and Logan were never going to be safe, and they wouldn't have it any other way.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-23-2017, 09:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Piz was the safe choice, but Logan was always the one.
Emily
Old 04-23-2017, 10:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barstool Prophet (View Post)
Piz was the safe choice, but Logan was always the one.
Exactly, and it was the same thing with the Duncan-Veronica-Logan triangle. In both cases, anything other than a Logan-Veronica ending would have betrayed the essence of the storytelling.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-24-2017, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Keith had warmed up to the guy at the end of the movie. Logan did save his life after all.
idk-it's just too bad that V and L had to wait so long to find each other again. And then, he had to leave again...but this time-we know he's coming back to Veronica as soon as he can!
Old 04-25-2017, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Keith did warm up to him BUT I think the movie devoted way too much time to the high-school debate cliche writing of presenting Logan once again as the unhealthy boyfriend. I was hoping Rob Thomas would have grown out of that by this point, given that Logan is serving in the Navy and is protesting his innocence in the murder trial ... But nope, he's once again relegated to the position of 'bad' against Piz's 'good'.

Thankfully, the very best Logan and Veronica scenes in the movie outweigh the bad that I just pointed out. But I still think it was unfair of Rob Thomas to revisit such a cliche love triangle. I wasn't a fan of Piz during the show, and the movie didn't change my mind about that. The Team Piz / Team Logan thing was a pathetic use of promotion.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-25-2017, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm-I get what you're saying but Chris has fans and I really believe Rob just wanted him in the film. And this was the best way he could give Chris more screen time. Rob is very loyal to these actors. That's one thing I've always admired about him.
Now, once we get another film or book-I agree with you that Rob needs to forget about that and focus on V and L together at last! Let's have someone else they care about get into trouble and V and L have to help them!
Old 04-26-2017, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

ETA: Very sorry! Accidental double-post

Skam Italia icon
Gwen

Last edited by Crystal Clear; 04-26-2017 at 01:05 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread