Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

I get where you going at, I kind of wonder as well. Everything did seem so rushed.
It makes you wonder if it was something with Teddy Dunn, or the writers just didn't have anything left for him... or were they just listening to a lot of fans and moving the story along for Duncan & Veronica could break up for they can more Veronica on to Logan... Idk. But it's very odd...
Exactly. It did seem very rushed!
And you guys might very well be right: perhaps they just didn't know what to do with Duncan anymore, but that thought is kind of depressing. I mean, if they couldn't figure out what to do with him, they could have seen it coming (while planning season 2 and all) and they could have opted for a really cool ending for Duncan.

I just don't know, perhaps it was indeed Teddy's request because he wanted to go to law school or something.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Passionate Fan

I'd go all the way back and say the writers didn't really knew what to do with Duncan once they realized that Jason and Kristen's onscreen chemistry would make L/V a couple, and adjusted their plans from there...pretty early in season 1.

while the writing of D/V had a lot of stumbles, things like inadvertently suggesting D was bad in bed ("if the cuddling is the best part..." in Driver Ed), and don't even get me started on A Trip to the Dentist, I do really think D/V got a nice ending and it doesn't actually feel super rushed to me. but that's in part because I see D/V 2.0 as serving to delay reunion of L/V for the back half of season 2. then again, I would be first to admit that my interpretation's skewed by my love for L/V, always.
Old 09-09-2013, 03:06 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamodernrock (View Post)
I'd go all the way back and say the writers didn't really knew what to do with Duncan once they realized that Jason and Kristen's onscreen chemistry would make L/V a couple, and adjusted their plans from there...pretty early in season 1.
Good point. But in that case, he would have made a nice bad guy for season 2... Or even a shocking dead.. But that might have been a bit much, two of the same family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamodernrock (View Post)
I do really think D/V got a nice ending and it doesn't actually feel super rushed to me. but that's in part because I see D/V 2.0 as serving to delay reunion of L/V for the back half of season 2. then again, I would be first to admit that my interpretation's skewed by my love for L/V, always.
I kind of like the ending to their relationship too, but I didn't like the whole 'The only option for Duncan is to leave the country right now' thing. It all seemed a bit surreal and the storyline just came out of nowhere for me personally. Also, I would have preferred an ending where Veronica clearly made the choice that she didn't want to be with Duncan (anymore).
Old 09-09-2013, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrina (View Post)
Exactly. It did seem very rushed!
And you guys might very well be right: perhaps they just didn't know what to do with Duncan anymore, but that thought is kind of depressing. I mean, if they couldn't figure out what to do with him, they could have seen it coming (while planning season 2 and all) and they could have opted for a really cool ending for Duncan.
i think rob & co did think it was a cool ending they thought having him being proactive for once trying to save his baby was sending him off the show with a bang

i didnt much like him having to leave the country as an end either but it didn't seem that rush to me. havent really watch season 2 in a while but i do think there was buildup during the first half with finding out meg was pregnant and the manning family being weird in general and what they were doing to the younger daughter
Old 09-10-2013, 01:47 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingjay (View Post)
i think rob & co did think it was a cool ending they thought having him being proactive for once trying to save his baby was sending him off the show with a bang

i didnt much like him having to leave the country as an end either but it didn't seem that rush to me. havent really watch season 2 in a while but i do think there was buildup during the first half with finding out meg was pregnant and the manning family being weird in general and what they were doing to the younger daughter
You actually have a very valid point there! Perhaps I just didn't pick up on the signs. And now that I think about it, I hate storylines that drag on forever, so it was definitely suprising and I can appreciate that.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Tftnt!
Old 10-06-2013, 12:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've been watching DuVe scenes in Season 2
Old 10-06-2013, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

In a way, I think season 2 is the best for Duncan/Veronica fans I like the flashbacks in season 1, but seaosn 2 is the only time we get to see them as a 'normal' couple.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amethyst* (View Post)
I've been watching DuVe scenes in Season 2
Hi Mary. I still have a soft spot for these two.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I just watcched Donut Run and sheded a few tears That was so tragic. Why couldn't Veronica just go with him?
In Season Two, it kind of looked like they were long distance when we didn't get much of scenes of them together, which makes me a bit sad. I just imagined them alking on the phone on their way home.
Hi Rachel
Old 10-07-2013, 04:12 AM
Master Fan

That's a good point about them not getting much scenes together even though they were together as a couple. A bit strange.

I really really hope Duncan shows up in the movie, even if it's just for a little while. I'm more of a Duncan/Veronica friendship shipper, but I really want to know how his life turned out.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

yea i think it would be cool even if he didnt show up physically that somehow we could find out what he's been up to all these years
Old 10-07-2013, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am hoping that he didn't get thrown in jail because of the illegitimate baby.

I hope that Teddy is in the movie. I am dying to see her leave Piz for Duncan.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockingjay (View Post)
yea i think it would be cool even if he didnt show up physically that somehow we could find out what he's been up to all these years
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amethyst*
I am dying to see her leave Piz for Duncan
Now there's a twist that no one will see coming. Ever!

Teddy is listed as 'rumored' on IMDB.. so you never know.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

IMO, Duncan was the only man she loved the most out of the other men she dated.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread