Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2007, 09:16 AM
Elite Fan

Bonnie--I totally understand your point. It is really hard to deal with the promo department sometimes.

I'll spare my talk of the opening scene, which is up at Veoh for a later time.
Old 01-31-2007, 12:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The promos are stupid, I just.. makign out as if Veronica is pregnant?! Definately teh worst one so far. I mean last week's which made it look as if Logan was cheating on V with a hooker was bad, but this is worse.

The opening scene (which is up here) shows that Veronica will obviously be investigating at the women's clinic for Bonnie, so she's obviously pretending to be pregnant for the case or something. Do the promo people actually want people to watch the show?

But anyway, the opening scene.. I kinda love it. I'm really glad that Veronica is trying to come to terms with the Madison thing but it just won't leave her alone. I half expected her to just storm round to Logan's and dump him straight away. Definately shows a lot of growth on her part.

When Logan says to her "Veronica? Don't go changing." I died. Seriously, how can she even doubt that he's totally in love with her?

But uh.. we only get cute sleepy snuggling and hand holding (!!) and topless Veronica in a dream?! Sigh. And "I don't want you to go." "I wish I didn't have to." gah this episode is going to kill me.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for posting the opening scene, Kirsty! Now that makes me want to see next week's episode a lot more then the promo did!

Don't hold me to this because I obviously haven't seen the whole episode yet, but I think I may like were this storyline is going. Of course I'd prefer if it wasn't happening at all (atleast not with Madison), but I guess happy couples don't make for good tv I agree that it looks like Veronica has grown up a little. I expected the "this is something I'll never get past," to be in the opening scene but this show's that she's trying not to overreact to this. Sometimes the mind can be an enemy and I think that's the case here.
Old 01-31-2007, 06:27 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whordy (View Post)

But anyway, the opening scene.. I kinda love it. I'm really glad that Veronica is trying to come to terms with the Madison thing but it just won't leave her alone. I half expected her to just storm round to Logan's and dump him straight away. Definately shows a lot of growth on her part.
I'm totally with you on that one. I was spoiled so I definitely thought Veronica would be totally irrational about the whole thing...but this shows that she's trying really hard to deal with it before going all crazy on Logan...because he technically did nothing wrong.
..although I do consider sleeping with Madison totally wrong...oh so very wrong lol
iCantBelieveItsNotButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

^IA

Madison is like.. the worst

I still have a hard time believing that Logan actually would do that. He must have been completely *****faced.
sarah11650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

I... I watched... I'm all woobie now. .

ICON CREDIT // TUMBLR
breath we drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

Okay... so here's what I'm wondering..

What door is Veronica crying against? That's worrying me, because it doesn't look like the hallway of the grand.
sarah11650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 12:39 AM
Addicted Fan

yah it kinda looks like the dorms...

oh and dont forget, that clip is probably from an episode 2 weeks away.. lol you never know with these promos

also... the opening scene made me feel for Veronica... that hasn't happened in a while... i really think Logan breaking up with her woke her up

Last edited by iCantBelieveItsNotButter; 02-01-2007 at 12:50 AM
iCantBelieveItsNotButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:45 AM
Addicted Fan

To me it looks like the Madison scene is a dream sequence or something. Since Madison looks directly at V and Logan looks happy about it. To me that sounds like Veronica's nightmare.

Stef
chaotic4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The entire opening sequence is a dream, unless the outside of the Grand has suddenly turned into Aspen. Hee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11650
What door is Veronica crying against? That's worrying me, because it doesn't look like the hallway of the grand.
I was wondering about that too. I thought at first that maybe it was the clinic but I can't really see why she'd break down in there and I can't see her just breaking down in the hallway of the dorms or anything. Hmm
Old 02-01-2007, 04:34 AM
Addicted Fan

Didn't see the OS yet, sorry. I was referring to the trailer.

Stef
chaotic4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ahhh that makes more sense, hee.

Watching the promo again there's another shot of Veronica lying in bed crying.. I thought that was after another of her dreams at first, but if she's breaking up with Logan then that must be pretty early in the ep, because she's wearing the same outfit in the library in the opening scene as she is in the "this is something I am never getting past" clip in last week's promo.
So I guess this must be after the break-up.

Seeing Logan apologizing on the phone in his shirt all upset is still killing me
Old 02-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Master Fan

I just watched the Cold Open and as much as Madi**** sickens me, I can't help but rejoice a little that my spec about Veronica being insecure about Madison and finding it hard to deal with imagining her with Logan is pretty much right. I think if was any other random girl she could let this go. But this is Madison, of all people. A girl she loathes. Honestly I kind of feel the same. Why Madison, Logan? Of all the snow bunnies in Aspen in December, why her?? Gah.

Quote:
I expected the "this is something I'll never get past," to be in the opening scene but this show's that she's trying not to overreact to this. Sometimes the mind can be an enemy and I think that's the case here.
I expected the same thing. I think it really shows that she loves Logan that she's even making the effort to try and move past the Madison thing. She wants to but right now it's too hard and I can understand that.

I like how this storyline is panning out because I think Madison is turning out to be more of a roadblock for LoVe rather than the dead end that I thought she would be. I think with time Veronica can get over this and it's pretty much inevitable that something huge will happen down the road that will make this Madison thing feel like such a small thing in retrospect. Kind of like how the roof incident with Cassidy overshadowed the Alterna-Prom Kendall thing that happened only a few weeks before.

Last edited by neko_chan; 02-02-2007 at 03:51 AM
neko_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly, and if she can get over the Alterna-Prom thing with Kendall then she can get over this. She wasn't exactly a big fan of Kendall's either

I'm still confused by how she hates Madison so much yet is civil to Dick. I guess she has to be nice to Dick for Logan's sake, but still..
Old 02-02-2007, 03:50 AM
Master Fan

Well, to be fair to Dick, he can also be civil to Veronica. Or as civil as Dick ever gets. lol. He's helped her out a couple of times and he's humble enough to ask for help when he really needs it, even though he does unconsciously insults her in the process. Heh. Whereas Madison is just...vapid and mean. And not only to Veronica but to people in general.

neko_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread