Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Part-Time Fan

This was a very good episode. I wasn't too keen on the MoTW, I'm not sure this show is that great at tackling very topical issues like this, but I thought it was good nonetheless.

What made the episode for me was all the call backs to past events on the show. Continuity is a beautiful thing... most importantly we finally saw Dick emote about Cassidys death and he actually called him Cassidy which is a great set up. I always thought it was in character for Dick to burry his feelings of guilt about Beav since that is the type of person he is. He drank, fooled around with girls etc. all season to shut out the pain. I loved Ryan Hansens acting in that scene, he really nailed it and seeing Big Dick again was so awesome. I loved that line about seeing the spot where Beaver hit the ground everyday... I went all teary-eyed. I never in a million years thought I would cry over Dick, I do love this show.

I admit I found Piz and Veronica cute but I think their relationship is overly cutsey and sibilingesque. The sitting on Piz's lap infront of her father was way over the top in my opinion. But meh, I'm glad this episode was overall rather Piz light and we got to see more of Veronica focused on a case rather than her relationship drama-rama. The paralells between Logan and Veronica over their decisions to spend their summers apart from thier other halfs was cool, and it furthered the neon signs indicating that Piz and Parker are just temporary. Parker asking Veronica for advice about Logan was an oblivious move for Parker. She's evidently one of those people who are slightly naive so I can forgive her for that. I was a little confused as to Veronicas comment re. Logan when she said 'that's just the way he is'. Having thought about it I believe it to mean that Veronica was remembering early on in the LoVe season 3 relationship when Logan told her he would go to art shows and the like with her, but actually decided to go do some gambling etc instead. It was nice that after hearing that from Veronica Logan decided to go and invite Parker because he wanted to be a better person, one that Veronica wouldn't say that about rather than because he wanted to spend the summer with Parker.

I hated the comment Keith made about Logan at the start of the episode, but it was in character so I won't moan about it. I read somewhere a comment that Keith probably prefered the cute buddy-buddy Piz/Veronica relationship to the sexually charged and intense LoVe relationship, which would make sense really and would lend credence to the fact that Keith was approving of Piz but no other b/f of Ronnies ever. I guess it was a case of Piz is better than Logan any day... it doesn't endear me to Keith but I like that explanation. In other news, I loved the Keith/Veronica interaction!! I loved that Keith beat her score in the PI exam also. I loved hearing about Kendall, I loved seeing the corrupt Fitzpatricks and CLIFF!! I just loved it.

Rebecca.
electricpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Dedicated Fan

I liked this episode quite much, I loved how Dick finally opened up a bit.

Logan and Parker almost broke up, she understood she didn't mean the world to him, and he understood that she didn't mean the world to him, too. The summer would, in other words, be a good chance for Veronica and Logan to hook back up, except she's going to Virginia.

Now all we need is the revelation that'll kill Van Lowe's good reputation, and of course, Piz realizing that Veronica doesn't like him and going away for the summer. But poor Wallace, he's all alone with Mac/Max (who are very busy with each other I would guess), and Logan (they've never really been best friends). I suppose now that Veronica is going away for summer, Piz will too.

I liked how Mac has regained her libido, and finally managed to move fully on from Beaver. I thought they were cute when they were flirting but this far their relationship has been more about sex than anything else. I actually liked her better with Bronson, I though Max would be a bit... deeper, more like the romantic guy we saw in the episode with the hooker.

I hated Keith's Logan-bashing, but I still love him to bits, and I believe he'll beat Van Lowe.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked logan/parker.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow-LONG time between posts! I was not a Logan/Parker fan.
HemsyFanatic811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread