Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Case File 3 - 16: "Un-American Graffiti"

Veronica (Kristen Bell) is hired by a Middle Eastern restaurant owner to find out who has been vandalizing their business with ethnic slurs. While investigating the case, Veronica and the restaurant owner are attacked in a drive-by shooting.

When a drunk teenager stumbles from a bar and gets hit by a car, Keith (Enrico Colantoni) orders his deputies to conduct surprise ID checks in all the area bars. While doing his own surprise search, Keith catches Piz (Chris Lowell) and Wallace (Percy Daggs) using fake ID's provided by Veronica.

Meanwhile, Logan (Jason Dohring) decides to throw a birthday party for Parker (Julie Gonzalo).

Francis Capra and Ryan Hansen also star. Dan Etheridge directed the episode written by John Enbom.

Last edited by afrocurl; 05-01-2007 at 08:05 AM
afrocurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

can't wait for this ep! 9 weeks hiatus is far too long.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Nine weeks is too long! We finally get our episode tonight!

~rachel~
iheartbrucas127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 10:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

yay! its on today WOOT! yes 9 weeks was way too long
ElectricHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Addicted Fan

Tonight VM is back woot!
I think everyone is excited that there is no more search for the next doll.
xxstACEyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

It's great seeing a new ep discussion thread. It's been way too long!
Old 05-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lizzie* (View Post)
It's great seeing a new ep discussion thread. It's been way too long!
You're telling me, Lizzie. I forgot how to format the title, so hopefully it's the right way.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrocurl (View Post)
You're telling me, Lizzie. I forgot how to format the title, so hopefully it's the right way.
It looks good Roz!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:03 PM
New Fan

That was a pretty good episode, love Keith as Sheriff and his gumption at firing, how many deputies? Five? Go Keith! No respect, no job!
bluebend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Things we learned from tonight's episode.

1) Underage drinking is bad.
2) Being mean to Arabs is bad.
3) Intolerenace towards other people is bad but can be overcome through raging hormones.
4) Everyone in America is in it together.

Things we may learn in future episodes.

1) Condoms can prevent venereal diseases.
2) High cholesterol is bad.
3) Cancer is bad.
4) Dwarf tossing hurts the feelings of little people.
5) Turning Veronica Mars into an "issue of the week" afterschool special type show would be a bad idea.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

The first of the stand-alone mysteries has Veronica taking a case involving vandalism at an Arab restaurant owned by the parents of a fellow Neptune grad and Hearst student. After a lead involving a paintball incident didn't pan out(which inculded a Clemmons mention and he got shot with paintballs as well, as these guys taped themselves shooting people with paintballs) and another lead turned out to be the girl's Jewish boyfriend, Veronica finds that it was a person whose brother was seriously wounded in Iraq(leaving him wheelchair-bound), and he was inflamed by an anti-war flyer that a worker at the restaurant was dealing out at the mall(IIRC, the restaurant owner's brother there on a student visa that expired?). After all sides met, the restaurant owner chose not to press charges.

Keith is dealing with his own problem after a drunk 19-year-old was hit by a car after walking out of a bar. So he orders the deputies to make the rounds and bust the underage drinkers and the bars that serve them. Of course, being Neptune, the deputies turn a blind eye(as an added bonus, the bar owner sponsors their baseball team), so after he uses Wallace and Piz(after busting them for using fake IDs that Veronica had given them) in a sting operation, he fires the deputies that didn't do their job.

Veronica, meanwhile, is trying to avoid Logan and Parker. And it's Parker's birthday, so Logan throws a party at his room at the Neptune Grand. And it ends with Veronica and Piz kissing just as Logan shows up from the elevator. Yikes.

Episode grade: 8.75/10

It was better than what I thought it would be.
BearDogg-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:30 PM
Extreme Fan

I liked the episode a lot. It was great seeing Veronica back in action and she had some good moments with Wallace and Mac that I liked a lot. She somehow has formed a semi friendship with Parker, probably because of the whole rape thing, so it was also interesting to see how Parker dating Logan affected that.

Sean loves Emma
Eman[n]: Faith - Cuz I got it!
LilDegrassiPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:05 PM
Addicted Fan

great ep! really enjoyed the "lessons learnt" ... was it supposed to be like a joke? lol cause I thought it was hilarious. And the fact that it was most likely not meant as a joke just makes it even funnier to me.
iCantBelieveItsNotButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:02 AM
New Fan

Hi! new on the forum. I'm french and i'd like to know how to watch this great new episode... cause on the cw website, only american people can watch it... please help me!!! I can't wait for it anymore....
frenchygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed this episode. The MotW definately wasn't the best, but I enjoyed it.

Piz/Veronica is so rebound it's not even funny. The only way they could have made it more obvious was to have Logan walk in.. oh, wait I'm really happy with the way V/P played out, because it was clear she saw everyone else coupling up and having fun and decided she might as well do the same. I loved how she seemed genuinely happy that Logan was happy, but upset at the same time.

SO MUCH WALLACE! I loved all his scenes, and I was so happy to have him back properly again. And I admit it, I do like Piz. I do find him amusing when he has a purpose besides hitting on Veronica. I liked the underage drinking B-Plot, I don't think it was supposed to be preachy or anything considering we've seen pretty much every character on the show drinking or drunk at some point. I think it was just a way to show Keith asserting his authority while at the same time getting Wallace involved.

I'm glad we got a bit of Keith/Veronica conflict with the fake IDs. And how he immediately knew it was her who had made them. Tut and I liked the Lamb references too.

And also - yay for S1/2 references! Love that Veronica defended Clemmons on the tape, hee. And the pirate points mentions from the couple's daughter, and Mac talking about the Purity Test.

I could have done without the Dick stuff though, it's getting kinda old. Yeah, we know Dick is a manwhore, do we need to waste screentime on it?

Overall I definately enjoyed it