Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Elite Fan

Case File 3 -10: "Show Me the Monkey"

Attempting to keep her mind off Logan (Jason Dohring), Veronica (Kristen Bell) takes a job helping animal researchers track down a monkey missing from their laboratory. In order to find the missing animal, Veronica and Mac (Tina Majorino) go undercover as members of an on-campus animal rights group, believed to have freed the monkey.

Meanwhile, Mindy O'Dell (guest star Jamie Ray Newman, "E Ring") asks Keith (Enrico Colantoni) to investigate Dean O'Dell's (Ed Begley, Jr., who does not appear in the episode) death because she believes he was murdered.

Percy Daggs, Francis Capra, Michael Muhney, Ryan Hansen, Chris Lowell and Julie Gonzalo also star. Nick Marck directed the episode story by John Ebrom and teleplay by John Enbom and Robby Hull.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

i cant wait, logan and veronica better get back together!

My Videos
~Naleylove22~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 07:00 PM
Extreme Fan

when is it on?
Little Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I officially love Bronson/Mac! So freakin' adorable. I need some screencaps! This was a pretty good episode. I rather enjoyed it. One of the better ones this season.

I don't think I like Logan/Veronica anymore. Especially, after Logan slept with another girl so soon.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
london grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Loyal Fan

^ Bronson and Mac are cute together, I totally agree. I've been waiting for Mac to find a love interest FOREVER (okay, fine, only for a few months...)! Damn Beaver...

I'm not quite sure if I liked it or not... it was a little predictable. You could totally tell that one of the two lab people had the monkey... The writers keep using the same formula.

And LoVe... you're right, I don't think I do either. In fact, I'm definitely starting to dislike a lot of his actions.

Rose
Rows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hey I really liked Veronica's Glasses I wonder what kind they are ???? Any suggestions
Angelyc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

I LOVE BRONSON & MAC!! I've wanted her to be with someone new too and i think this is perfect. perfect time, perfect guy(he's so adorable! <3<3). i can't get enough. He better not go anywhere anytime soon. He can't just dissapear, he has to stick around and mean something.
MTG11687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Let's see. I love Logan? And I don't see how him sleeping with a girl (I'm not sure that's what it was though) six weeks after he broke up with Veronica is all that bad. I was spoiled and I knew this was going to paint him as an ass. And Piz...just go away, please?

I don't really like Logan/Veronica either anymore, but not because I don't think Logan deserves her, quite the opposite actually.

But I LOVED Mac. And I loved all the Mac/Parker/Veronica moments.
rose parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Loyal Fan

does anyone know who played bronson?? he looks so familiar but i can't place him!
Old 01-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

I looved Bronson and Mac. Yay, she's back in the dating world.

And I have to say, I still love Logan and Veronica. I could see the wheels turning in her brain all episode long when certain things were mentioned. (most noteably during her conversation with Piz obviously)

I just.. that look they gave eachother. You see it. It's SO hard for her to let him in, and I really wish the writers hadn't decided to have Logan sleep with that girl and force her to throw her huge walls back up to keep him out.

*sigh*

And I like Piz. I really do. He's likeable, so why not? I just don't really feel that bad for him. She wasn't trying to lead him on, I don't think she realizes how strong his crush is (if she even realizes at all.)

But yes, overall. I loved the episode. The Mac, Veronica and Parker scenes were my favorite.
sarah11650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

We pick up six weeks after Veronica solved the Hearst rape case and Dean O'Dell's death.

Mindy O'Dell asks Keith to prove that her husband's death wasn't a suicide as the sheriff's office determined. Keith thinks about it, and decides to, after remembering his conversation with the Dean about the Dean's 40-year-old Scotch and Veronica telling him about her "Perfect Murder" paper, where made up a fake suicide complete with a fake note on the computer, just like Dean O'Dell was found.

Veronica takes on a case where a lab monkey and lab rats were stolen from a research lab on campus. After investigating the PETA knockoff with Mac(and some help from Parker), which inculded posing in a photo-op with "Ted Nugent", and nearly posing au natural with placards saying "NO FUR" before the people running the group basically said "Just kidding", it turned out that one of the researchers took the monkey, since they would kill it after their research was done and he grew attached to it. Veronica gave the money back to the researchers, saying she couldn't find it, though Mac did get most of the hard drive back. No problem, the researchers just ordered another monkey.

Logan's basically feeling lost without Veronica and they get back together.

Episode grade: 9/10

Liked how Mac helped Veronica with the case, and seeing how Veronica, Mac, and Parker's friendship is continuing to grow.

Next week: Veronica and Logan break up again. Because he apparently slept with someone while they were broken up. Uh, Veronica, ya'll broke up, so Logan had a "sleep with a waitress free" card. I just wanted to work a Titus reference in.
BearDogg-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Loyal Fan

Loved this episode, I think it was one of the better ones so far this season. Parker finally won me over in the wrap up of the rapist storyline so I enjoyed seeing her and Mac and Veronica all hang out - I loved that their country was Canada, hilarity.

I wasn't really surprised/that upset about Logan and that other girl, it had been six weeks and ... whatever, it wasn't really that surprising, I guess. I'd have been more upset if he had started dating again, getting seriously interested in someone. The only thing that's annoying is that when Veronica finds out, like everyone else said, those walls will be going right back up and I love LoVe but I'm really getting tired of watching them break up.

Mac/Bronson? I really hope that continues to play out, potential all over the place.

Also, Piz is adorable, he needs himself a girl who's not always going to be about someone else, anyway.

we both go together if one falls down
talk out loud like you're still around

© JESS | tm | tw | lj
falling is like this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDelaney (View Post)
does anyone know who played bronson?? he looks so familiar but i can't place him!
OMG ME TOO!! I found out his name is Michael Mitchell, he was on Invasion(& apparently Phil of The Future). That was bugging the heck out of me!! I hope he's here for awhile.
MTG11687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling is like this (View Post)
Loved this episode, I think it was one of the better ones so far this season. Parker finally won me over in the wrap up of the rapist storyline so I enjoyed seeing her and Mac and Veronica all hang out - I loved that their country was Canada, hilarity.

I wasn't really surprised/that upset about Logan and that other girl, it had been six weeks and ... whatever, it wasn't really that surprising, I guess. I'd have been more upset if he had started dating again, getting seriously interested in someone. The only thing that's annoying is that when Veronica finds out, like everyone else said, those walls will be going right back up and I love LoVe but I'm really getting tired of watching them break up.

Mac/Bronson? I really hope that continues to play out, potential all over the place.

Also, Piz is adorable, he needs himself a girl who's not always going to be about someone else, anyway.
Yeah. I'm hoping when we see the episode in full.. there is either something bigger for Veronica to be upset about.. or she cools off eventually. (I know she's not really at fault here, but I wish the writers would ease up on her character because I'm sick of seeing her fans turn on her. It's sad.)

And her walls....... UGH. It took Logan so long to get them down. Even if V dates someone else, she'll just be fake and distracted. That's why I'm not worried about her dating if she does, it's just the fact that LV has to take 2 steps backwords just for the sake of drama.

And it's like.. Logan's supposed to be the badguy, but since (IMO) what he did wasn't really wrong, it backfires and makes Veronica the bad guy again. Why? I don't know.

But I forgot to say before how adorable I thought it was that Veronica didn't turn in the monkey. Might not have been the professional PI thing to do.. but it was the sweet thing to do.
sarah11650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

I loved the Veronica, Mac, and (to a lesser degree) Parker stuff. Mac is adorable and I really hope that this guy isn't a loser. She deserves to be happy.

Dick taking a picture of...his namesake, and throwing it off the balcony killed me.

Seeing Piz get rejected broke my heart. He's growing on me.

I love Logan. I don't think he was out of line sleeping with someone else. He & Veronica had been broken up for six weeks. They obviously weren't speaking. What the hell did she expect, that he'd be waiting and moping forever? Sleeping with a random girl may not be the smartest thing for him to do, but she hardly has the right to flip out over it.

There was not enough Weevil.