Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Elite Fan

Case File 3-03: "Witchita Linebacker"

Veronica (Kristen Bell) is hired by a campus football player to help him find his stolen playbook before the next practice, or risk losing his scholarship. As a result of the expose Veronica wrote about the campus sorority, Dean O'Dell (guest star Ed Begley, Jr., "Arrested Development") threatens to expel her if she doesn't reveal one of her sources.

Logan (Jason Dohring) tells Veronica his schedule is keeping them apart, but she realizes he has been spending time participating in illegal gambling. Meanwhile, Veronica convinces Keith (Enrico Colantoni) to hire Weevil (Francis Capra) to assist with office work at Mars Investigations.

Percy Daggs III, Tina Majorino, Ryan Hansen, Julie Gonzalo and Chris Lowell also star. Harry Winer directed the episode written by John Enbom and Phil Klemmer.
Old 10-16-2006, 04:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Weevil's back! *jumps for joy*
PeppiJoMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

So, Dean O'Dell(played by Ed Begley Jr., who resembles a certain lawyer from Miami, immediately gaining my dislike) tells Veronica to reveal her source for the weed story or get expelled. So he gave her a week, which she used to get his car fixed(defusing a powderkeg of trouble between the Free Press and the Lampoon, which appear to have a recent history of bad blood) after his 15-year-old son "borrowed" the car to go a Transplants concert, and got Weevil a job(after he got fired from the car wash and Mars Investigations because he beat the living crap out of a child abuser) to keep his parole going. And Weevil immediately gets in O'Dell's good graces by fixing the air conditioner.

Veronica worked the case of the stolen playbook. Well, the girlfriend stole it, and the jock loses his football scholarship over it. And Hearst won the game 24-17.

Piz gets his own radio show, and the first show was fixing to become Jerry Springer's TV show on radio, with the womynists(I'm using the PCU reference here) blaming the Lampoon editors for another rape on campus. I'm thinking the womynists have something to do with it......

No Wallace, Parker, or Mac, though.

Episode grade: 9.5/10

Next week: Logan has dinner with Veronica and Keith. Sounds like it's going to be fun. For Keith, who I could totally see strapping Logan to a lie detector like Robert DeNiro did to Ben Stiller in Meet The Parents.
BearDogg-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:12 PM
Extreme Fan

Great episode!!!! I love Weevil!!!!
Old 10-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG I LOOOOOOOOOOOVED THIS EP i have to admit i was a little skeptical about this season cuz i wasn't impressed with the first few episode BUT THIS ONE DID ME IT!!!! i love it... and im addicted to the song playing at the end .... so all ya'll wanting to know the name of it like me its called

Fidelity: by Regina Spektor
Angelyc_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That episode was terrible! So boring. The Logan/Veronica moments were cute, but they also felt off. And the end? What was that? Normally, it ends with a mystery or something. It just didn't feel like Veronica Mars. No Mac, Wallace, Lamb or Parker.

Rating: 3 out of 10.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
london grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

what are you kidding.. i thought it was good. you never see lots of LoVe so it was nice they threw alot in this ep...
Old 10-17-2006, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelyc_1 (View Post)
what are you kidding.. i thought it was good. you never see lots of LoVe so it was nice they threw alot in this ep...
It's not always about Logan/Veronica. The whole episode just felt really off/random to me. Logan/Veronica seem better when they're apart. I mean, where is the wit/snarkiness? And the ending? Usually, a VM episode doesn't end with L/V being all lovey-dovey. It ends on an interesting note that leaves you wanting more.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

This episode was pretty good IMO.

I missed Weevil and was so glad to see him back on my screen. I loved that he was so happy when Keith told him he did good.

The football guy was hot.

Logan and Veronica. Sigh. They seriously make my head spin but I still love them! That ending scene was great. But I do agree with collide I like them better apart and trying to get together, but I still love them together.

I really do love Piz. I think he is just so dorky and cute and love that he has that radio show now. I hope we see lots more of him.

Next week looks hilarious!
~Brady~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Piz stole the show for me.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

i agree with collide about this episode being pretty boring, i'll have to go back and rewatch it to see if my opinion changes, i did love weevil and keith interactions, i also love piz and wish we got to more of him, there were way to many l/v scenes for me, i use to like them, but this season i don't know how i feel about them
BlackHalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

No Wallace, Mac or Parker.

I did enjoy seeing Weevil again. Oh how I missed him. And all dressed up when working for Keith?
Old 10-17-2006, 08:50 PM
New Fan

I thought this was a good eppy I thought how she tracked her boyfriend was wrong Logan did not deserve that. I love how Veronica got off with the Dean and how she still helped her friend stay out of jail. I would rate this as an ok eppy. But I am new and just getting started with the show.

Save Veronica Mars
Please visit my graphics and video Journal.
JavaJunkie1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
It's not always about Logan/Veronica. The whole episode just felt really off/random to me. Logan/Veronica seem better when they're apart. I mean, where is the wit/snarkiness? And the ending? Usually, a VM episode doesn't end with L/V being all lovey-dovey. It ends on an interesting note that leaves you wanting more.
I couldn't agree with you more!
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
fall like stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 09:53 PM
Part-Time Fan

why would veronica have logans keys to his car??? hmmmmmmm
Reply   Post New Thread