Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 11:34 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppiJoMars (View Post)
RT gave us naked Logan! And he was completely naked so no-one can complain.

Yeah, it was great to see him.

Also that prisoner, wasn't he that guy from Freaks and Geeks?
Yepp, he was.

I loved this episode to the fullest. There were certain things I could've done without, but the good definitely outweighed the didn't wanna see. Loved the ending with Keith and when got home, but I could've done without the other Keith stuff. Loved V and her rushing and drunk dancing. Loved Logan and Wallace and their sociology experiment. I, too, was like Shawn!!! when they were in class. Loved the little bit of LoVe that we got. He called her "his girl"

Overall great episode and can't wait for next week.
sweetestsin1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:49 PM
New Fan

Ah, success. I convinced one of my friends to watch just one episode of VM, this being it, before she passed judgment on it. And now she's demanded to borrow my season one DVD for the weekend. The line that got her?

"I do like pina coladas.... And getting caught in the rain."

And I'm only just-realized VM fan myself. Already corrupting--er, converting those around me.
RiverLey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 12:53 AM
Master Fan

I love how the prison experiment was carried out. I actually believed they were going to crack several times [but then, I'm gullible ] so the final trick with the clock surprised me. And no offense to Wallace, but I would've been a little reluctant to trade naked!Logan for naked!Wallace.

Veronica acting like a ditzy sorority girl? Completely hit the spot. Who knew playing drunk could be so convincing? Great acting, and interesting storyline. It's not often we get to see the smarter-than-you Veronica Mars get her impressions wrong. Hopefully it doesn't happen too often, but it's refreshing nevertheless. I wonder if she'll continue to interact with the sorority after all the bad blood between them now.

Still don't understand why Keith's in the middle of the desert. That trap looked like a hell of a lot of pain though.
{ Lulu| icon: LittleGreyStargate }
silver_lined_cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Whoa, Veronica was sexy doing that drunk dancing with the other girls. :-)
Old 10-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Loved the episode and of course love it when we get to see a Freaks and Geeks alumni guest star.

The guard / prisoner thing: What that one guy who took a hard line on the prisoners (and whether you like or not in order for them to "win" someone almost has to) didn't quite understand is you need to use both the carrot and the stick. I was convinced that Wallace just simply didnt want to participate when I realized he was playing his role. The other prisoners thought he felt altrustically towards him which is why they trusted him and allowed him to deceive them. Though allowing them to escape certainly helped.

Also like how the prisoners saw that the guy who was being targeted was liable to break and made sure to confuse him so that he couldnt give out the needed information. Very clever on Logan's part. I also liked that they rallied together rather than turn against each other. Again the problem with taking too hard a line with the prisoners without any carrots. It builds solidarity.

As for the newspaper / sorority thing. I liked seeing Veronica forced to see the flipside of what she does. In the past she's used rather slimy techniques on people she thought were guilty without realizing she could be hurting someone who is innocent. This is something Keith has learned from experience and is why sometimes he's refused cases he felt uncomfortable with despite Veronica's protests. She needed to learn just how careful she needs to be the hard way.

Or else she's nothing more than a heartless mercenary.

So far the Keith storyline has been a tangent. But I assume as we're given more information it'll connect more fully with the main story.

And the rape subplot. The girl giving those rides seems suspicious (except I didn't get the impression the past two victims we've seen were sorority girls).
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Raja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Hi
does anybody know where i can DL clips of the episode?
thanks
Lavy
Old 10-11-2006, 02:22 AM
Master Fan

This ep felt more like VM than the premiere, so I'm glad.

My only issues were the far too little of Lamb we got and the Kendall flashback. What the hell was that? The show used to have such beautiful flashbacks but that one? I could've made the same thing with Windows Movie Maker. That's how bad and lame it was.

Loved the Logan/Wallace stuff. The bet was a pretty cool bonus.

Loved the little L/V scene. Too short but deliciously snarky

The whole Keith/Fitzpatrick brothers deal was weirdly done.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediBlastoise (View Post)
Whoa, Veronica was sexy doing that drunk dancing with the other girls. :-)
our generation has the faux lesbian dance

I loved the episode, it was witty, and amusing!

I want caps of Logan streaking, I think his ass was really exposed
rearview mirror — it’s in the past, it’s behind her. He’s still running.
He’s in the same running outfit he wore in the pilot.”
fisher & sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja (View Post)
Also like how the prisoners saw that the guy who was being targeted was liable to break and made sure to confuse him so that he couldnt give out the needed information. Very clever on Logan's part. I also liked that they rallied together rather than turn against each other. Again the problem with taking too hard a line with the prisoners without any carrots. It builds solidarity.
I agree. That guy took on the 'bully' role and worked on intimidating the hell out of the prisoners without taking the time to consider other more subtle methods. Although, every time I saw that guy on screen, even though he was a jackass, I couldn't but smile because I remember him as Shawn, the goofy best friend on Boy Meets World. Count me amongst those that yelled "Shawn!" when I saw him. lol.

This episode for me was...okay. It was good, I guess, overall but I was just expecting so much more. For one thing it's a Diane Ruggiero written episode and Rob Thomas had hyped it up as being a great episode and amongst the best of VM episodes. While it is a good episode and it had many interesting storylines, I definitely don't rank it as one of my favorite episodes ever, not even close actually. I guess I just had really high expectations for this episode and have been underwhelmed.

neko_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

I just watched the episode and I absolutely loved it!! Veronica just outdid herself trying to get into the fraternity. She totally cracked me up when she pretended to be drunk Great stuff!!

Logan was also awesome in that episode! I liked the whole prison idea, those scenes were really good! Logan and Wallace were just amazing!
Ania R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:15 AM
Loyal Fan

neko chan - I agree with you about feeling a little underwhelmed. For the same reasons as you, I had very high expectations.

There were aspects of the Wallace-Logan experiement that were enjoyable and some good lines but mostly I wasn't that interested in it. I wasn't that interested in the Keith-Cormac stuff either.

The return of Lamb was great - typical jerk! I'm somewhat suspicious of the newspaper editor (?!) as well as the safe driver/girl from the TBTN rally. I'm more convinced that a female is somehow involved with the rapes. V mentioned she heard buzzing and thought it was just sex and not a razor. Maybe she is correct.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerbug (View Post)
neko chan - I agree with you about feeling a little underwhelmed. For the same reasons as you, I had very high expectations.
Thus the downside of reading spoilers/spoiler-ish interviews. lol. I really hope that I'll like the next episode Diane writes better.

Quote:
There were aspects of the Wallace-Logan experiement that were enjoyable and some good lines but mostly I wasn't that interested in it.
I felt the same way. I was just as bored with that experiment thing as Logan looked. I think knowledge about the experiment it was based on and how tame it was compared to the real thing made their semi-replication dull to watch. I would have liked it better if Logan and Wallace were both prisoners and teamed up against jackass dude. Then we could have gotten more L/W bonding and there would actually have been a visible point to the whole storyline. Although, if they had gone that route we wouldn't have gotten (semi)naked Logan in the end and I'm certainly not complaining about that.

neko_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Veronica drunk/pretending to be drunk =
honestly, Veronica needs to get drunk more coz KB does the part remarkably well haha
iCantBelieveItsNotButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

Ok so maybe it's because I watched it at 6 a.m. but overall I just liked the episode. It didn't leave more impression than that... Some scenes were more enjoyable than others of course but some just made me shake my head. Which is something that doesn't happen that often with this show.
As for the use of Zimbardo's experiment... RT please never again ok? I absolutely hated how it turned into some sort of lame game while the reality of the original had such impact on scientific community. Not to mention that such extreme procedures are considered unethical and not allowed so the simple fact that it was a part of storyline made me cringe...
~DresdenDoll~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Extreme Fan

Loved the Logan/Wallace interaction but I have to agree that the prisoner experiment storyline wasn't written very well. That being said, Logan's teammate was a moron. It was so obviously a trick.
Reply   Post New Thread