Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Case File 3-02: "My Big Fat Greek Rush Week"

Veronica (Kristen Bell) is hired by the campus newspaper to do an undercover expose on the Zeta Theta sorority sisters during rush week to investigate Parker’s (Julie Gonzalo) rape. Throughout the investigation, Veronica realizes that everything is not exactly what as seems in the sorority house. Meanwhile, Logan (Jason Dohring) and Wallace (Percy Daggs III) participate in a prisoner/guard role-playing experiment for their Sociology class, which challenges them psychologically.

Enrico Colantoni, Tina Majorino, Ryan Hansen, Francis Capra and Chris Lowell also star. John Kretchmer directed the episode written by Diane Ruggiero.

Mod Note: please leave it up to Lizzie or me to make an episode discussion thread. It's easier for us that way.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Can't wait for the experiment Logan and Wallace are doing. Can't wait for new episode.
punkrockprinzessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:25 AM
Elite Fan

My mind is jumping to a really bad conclusion about the type of experiment, but I'll just have to wait towatch to get a good idea of what is going to happen.
Old 10-10-2006, 01:42 PM
Addicted Fan

what's ur bad conclusion?
iCantBelieveItsNotButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Well, there's this famous experience from the 70s done at Stanford where people were supposed to be either guards or prisoners and it got way out of control and ended up really messing with the people in the study. It's one of the big reasons why if you do a study for someone you have to fill out a form that says you understand what is going on and can stop participating at any point.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:16 PM
Addicted Fan

yep ive done some studies...but the ones ive been part of weren't like scarring or anything lol
hm, i guess it does say it "challenges them psychologically"... tonight's ep has the potential to be very intresting..i can't wait!
iCantBelieveItsNotButter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I am really excited about seeing some great Logan/Wallace stuff. They had some great stuff last season and I am glad to hear that they will get to do some more scenes together this season. Now all I need is some good Logan/Keith stuff.

Also way excited to see how the sorority mystery plays out. After watching the last video clip at vm's myspace I am very intrigued. I can't wait to see what happens.

Veronica: You really think a relationship should be that hard?
Logan: No one writes songs about the ones that come easy.
starlaa79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm excited for tonight!

I too am glad we'll be seeing some Veronica/Wallace interaction.
Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Total Fan

Can't wait to see tonight's episode...

But, can you believe it, we received a notice and the electricy company is doing some work in my neighbourghood and they are going to cut the power right in the middle of Veronica Mars!!!!!!!

This is not fun!
Daph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:15 PM
Loyal Fan

Daph-that totaly sucks. I hope you can go to a friends house or family members. Some place you can watch VM.

Old 10-10-2006, 08:29 PM
Elite Fan

So, Rush Week, eh....

Let's begin with Parker tearfully recounting the night of her rape, with Veronica and Mac feeling guilty(The Rasmus is playing in my head right now...., anyway), and then Lamb shows up on the scene, being the biggest assclown in the world, by referencing Veronica's reporting of her rape("Wolf Cry #2"). What an assclown he is, that's twice we've seen him care less about a rape.

I can understand Parker's reaction to Veronica admitting being in the room as it happened and not doing anything about it, though. If Veronica would have known something was amiss, she would have done something about it.

Then Parker has her own problem with her mom wanting her to go back home to Denver, but Mac's able to convince her to stay in Neptune. I think we'll see them becoming close.

Veronica decides to solve the case, leading her to join the newspaper, and infiltraterush the Theta Beta sorority. While she did find the things the editor wanted her to find, she found more than she bargained for, finding a whole bunch of marijuana plants, which turned out to be the den mother's for medical purposes(you know what they say....Weed Works Wonders!). And Veronica would have gotten in the sorority, too. But Veronica got screwed by the Newspaper Editor wanting to make a name for herself. Ah, well.

Anyway, Veronica found out that Parker was given a ride back to her and Mac's dorm by the Ride Home people, that one of the Theta Betas had a key to the room, and Chip Diller happens to be around. Hmm.......

Meanwhile, Keith walks through the desert to avoid Cormac, but Cormac himself gets trapped by Liam, who kills him. Keith then takes the painting that Kendall had in the briefcase(Van Gogh's "Two Lovers"?), and sells it to the art gallery with all proceeds going to South Neptune Food Bank.

Logan and Wallace, in the class taught by the voice of Homer Simpson(too bad there was no Sector 7-G jokes), takes part in an experiment, with Wallace a guard(along with Shawn from Boy Meets World) and Logan a prisoner, with a side bet where the loser streaks through the class. Logan lost by 17 minutes because Wallace turned the clock forward, so he had run naked through the class, with every female fan wishing that VM was on HBO, if you know what I mean.

Episode grade: 9.75/10

Next Week: Weevil's out of jail, Veronica's threatened with being kicked out of Hearst by the evil-looking dean, and a football player's playbook is stolen.
LSU Tigers football(10-3): Season Complete
BearDogg-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

I thought this was a pretty good episode!

Did anyone else yell out SHAWN! LOL! I loved Boy Meets World and it was great to see him guest star even if hi character was kinda weird..

Veronica was great faking drunk! And I love her new word...FRAK! HAHA!

The whole jail thing was weird but funny, I love Wallace and Logan together.

That tiny LoVe scene was short but sweet! He called her his girl, and she said they were star-crossed lovers! Ah...

And the best part...Logan streaking!!!!!
~Brady~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:41 PM
Loyal Fan

One of the things I really enjoyed about this episode is Veronica didn't get her dream job at the paper - or she chose not to keep it. I personally would prefer the library but that's life.

That expirement was interesting to say the least. Cute that all the guards but Rafe knew about the time switch and Logan even suspected it.

Season 3, so far seems to be more interesting the Season 2. Less depressing I guess. I hope it does well in the ratings.
robinepowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Loyal Fan

RT gave us naked Logan! And he was completely naked so no-one can complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brady~ (View Post)
Did anyone else yell out SHAWN! LOL! I loved Boy Meets World and it was great to see him guest star even if hi character was kinda weird..
Yeah, it was great to see him.

Also that prisoner, wasn't he that guy from Freaks and Geeks?
PeppiJoMars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Loyal Fan

I really liked the Prisoner experiment. Loved that Wallace turned the clock back and Logan suspected it. The V/Keith scene was great. Every one did an amazing acting job to night. There was not enough Lamb or LoVe it the episode though.

Hello, NAKED LOGAN!!! Laughed so hard. Who was that masked man? The salute Logan gave Wallace was fabulous.

Reply   Post New Thread