Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2006, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

Case File 2-22: Not Pictured (Thread #2)

Continue on with the discussions of the finale!
Old 05-17-2006, 10:56 AM
Elite Fan

Just to bring over something from the last thread--

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerbug
For those who thought this, Rob Thomas CONFIRMED that Beaver did NOT rape Mac. From TV GUIDE's Ask Ausiello

Quote:
Question: One major question that was not asked about the Veronica Mars finale: Did Beaver rape Mac? It sure seemed like it when she said "he took everything." Your thoughts? — Kristen

Ausiello: Forget my thoughts, let's ask boss man Rob Thomas himself. "Beaver did not rape Mac," he says. "He took her clothes, the phone, the towels, the bedding. Mac was essentially trapped in the room. When Veronica found her, Mac was wrapped in a shower curtain. That's all we meant to imply with the line. We ended up cutting a scene in which we would have seen Beaver exiting the room with a Santalike bag of 'stuff.' Viewers would've been left to imagine what was inside."
Old 05-17-2006, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

I never really thought he raped her... I mean why would he have to??? After all, we all know the reason they went up to that room...
Ania R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

Sure Ania, but it was pretty weird to figure out what happened when we saw Mac in the room on the floor with no clothes.

I think it was clear that Cassidy had some "issues" after hearing about Woody (no pun intended--well only slightly.)
Old 05-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Passionate Fan

i actually tought about the rape,so yeah,that clarification was needed for me
Old 05-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Ultimate Fan

Well even after seeing Mac on the floor, a thought about rape has not crossed my mind. I don't know why, it just didn't. And I'm glad I was right. I just always thought that Mac was just confused about Beaver leaving her and taking her clothes, that's all...
Old 05-17-2006, 12:20 PM
Elite Fan

I think she was confused, but more by the fact that he took all of the stuff out of the hotel room that she could use.

If that scene with Cassidy taking all of the stuff (a la the Grinch) then I'm sure it would have been easier to understand.

The other, potentially, confusing part was the fact that we saw Mac and Cassidy fooling around, and then Mac wanted to take a shower. It seems more like something that a girl would do after sex, or at least some heavy petting.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ania R.
Well even after seeing Mac on the floor, a thought about rape has not crossed my mind. I don't know why, it just didn't. And I'm glad I was right. I just always thought that Mac was just confused about Beaver leaving her and taking her clothes, that's all...
Same here. Plus, I'd like to think that Cassidy did genuinely like Mac and wouldn't do that to her, what he did do to her was bad enough, but add rape? Ack. I'm glad RT cleared it up.

we both go together if one falls down
talk out loud like you're still around

© JESS | tm | tw | lj
falling is like this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm relieved.....I thought he did it to her as well as Veronica.

She seemed awfully upset and freaked out as though something REALLY REALLY horrible happened to her..

glad i was wrong

Wes " You are one"

Together into eternity - Wes and Fred
Fiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Passionate Fan

i never thought he would hurt Mac. The only women who might have ever loved him. He may have been crazy but going back and watching all the eps even VM wasnt all that kind to him. Cassidy was her Mcdreamy....... and he knew that
Old 05-17-2006, 05:18 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepersonIusedtobe
i never thought he would hurt Mac. The only women who might have ever loved him. He may have been crazy but going back and watching all the eps even VM wasnt all that kind to him. Cassidy was her Mcdreamy....... and he knew that
Yeah and I feel so bad for Mac that he turned out to be such a psycho...
Old 05-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Here's something I found that if nothing else, proves I may have too much time on my hands. I was rewatching some of my favorite scenes from the finale and when Veronica gets the message from Mac's phone that says "Meet me on the roof now" it shows her phone number (Mac's) then later when Cassidy says all he has to do is make a phone call and Woody's plane will blow up - the number dials is Mac's cell phone. Probably just a random show goof, and again - proves I've probably watched the episode too many times.

/random thought

we both go together if one falls down
talk out loud like you're still around

© JESS | tm | tw | lj
falling is like this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Passionate Fan

I found another goof..... logans phone says june 3rd then somewhere else it says the 6th....
Old 05-18-2006, 05:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Well, I was always surprised at the speculation that Mac was raped as well. Quite a few were speccing that though. I am glad that Rob Thomas clarified it so we didn't have to spec about that aspect all summer. That's why I thought it was important to bring here.
summerbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:10 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepersonIusedtobe
I found another goof..... logans phone says june 3rd then somewhere else it says the 6th....
it's not a goof. the phones say all june 3rd on june 3rd, three days later they said june 6th which was correct.
punkrockprinzessin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread