Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-01-2005, 06:46 AM
Ultimate Fan

Louis de Pointe du Lac/Interview With A Vampire #1: Um...his fangs are hot?

I've loved this flick for quite some time. Every time it's on TV, I have to watch. Can't help myself.

Anywho...y'all with me? I saw we be the Blood Suckers! Okay, kidding 'bout that.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 02-01-2005, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

Another movie I was too young to watch but when it came out on video my big brother rented it for me... I'm not kidding, I saw it seven times the same day. I was so in love with the story, with the characters, with the scenery, with the whole package.

Louie was my favorite character, of course, there's nothing more amazing than a tortured soul who gets to live forever. It's a great answer to the human desperation to live longer and younger. Claudia will never grow old, but won't grow up either. I love how she can't console herself with Louie's "that'll never happen to you" comment while pointing to a sick old woman because will understand that growing old is part of life whithout which you're just dead. Which she was.

I love this movie.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:35 PM
Absolute Fan

OMG. This is by far my favorite Brad Pitt movie. I know he has played so many different roles of so many different kinds. But this one, I absolutely it. I enjoyed everything about the movie and the cast. I fell in love with the relationship between Louis and Claudia. Thanks to this movie I ended up buying all the Vampire Chronicles. Heh. Even reading the first book I kept picturing Brad as Louis. To me, he was the perfect actor to play the tortured soul of Louis. I can't imagine anyhone else playing him.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Elite Fan

that is a movie I happily own. Brad pitt...looks soo good in it. This movie made me fall in love with him and Vampires. Brad Pitt is just so fine with the long hair, the old time clothes, and the vampire teeth. He was enough to drool over! I think i was drooling throug out the entire movie! It was sad though... a very sad movie.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:39 PM
Master Fan

OMG!! Janine I know your happy you got this place!!

I love this movie and especially Louis!! OMG!!! I just...wow!! Love this movie! I think I have it about memorized! I loved his eyes!
Old 02-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Elite Fan

omg, I almost forgot about his eyes! How could I forget!? He had the most awesome eyes ever in that movie! they made him so much more mysterious and sexy!
Old 02-01-2005, 11:45 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zania1
omg, I almost forgot about his eyes! How could I forget!? He had the most awesome eyes ever in that movie! they made him so much more mysterious and sexy!

helll yeah especially when he bit into that lady for Claudia and looked right at Claudia...they were so intense! Grrr!!
Old 02-01-2005, 11:48 PM
Elite Fan

oo yeah...he did look intense...I liked the part...although it was sad when the dust of Cluadia was flying around him and his eyes just seemed to turn darker...I dunno...he just looked really sexy there for some reason...lol...maybe guys look sexier when they are sad.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Master Fan

Hmm..I don't know about sad but I kinda think it's sexy when they get angry! jus so much more intense and more energy like Louis...he was so quiet and not angry but when he did...damn he got angry!
Old 02-02-2005, 12:56 AM
Addicted Fan

I own this movie on VHS and DVD!!! This is one of my top ten films and I love the books by Anne Rice. Brad did such a good job that to this day whenever I read the Vampire Chronicles I picture him as Louis.

I wish you ould post interview with the vampire fanfic on FF.net I have so much about Louis.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Master Fan

This is my favorite Brad Pitt movie. I have the video and have seen it tons of times. He made a great Louis! I even named my dog Louie after this character. I've read most of the Vampire Chronicles.. I didn't really understand Louis and Claudia's relationship I mean.. was it father/daughter was there some sexual tension to it? if you've ever read any of Anne Rice's books you know that she loves weird sexual situations and some of them go way over the top. So, I could never really figure out what way she meant for the realtionship between L/C to go.

Some of my fav shots of Brad in this movie are when he's is first changed by Lestat into a vampire. And he opens his eyes and he's instantly beautiful (not that he wasn't before but you know what I mean.) The Lestat tells him to "look with his vampire eyes" the Pitt looks so great in that shot. And like you all stated, when the dust of Claudia is flying around.. his eyes are so peircing and blue and he looks so truely heartbroken.. but beautiful.

SATC
Old 02-03-2005, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

My movie is in Florida...in a box somewhere...I hated leaving most of my stuff there with my parents while I moved to Texas...I think I'm going to have to buy a new one...because all of this talk is making me want to see it again...lol.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

This movie really is a masterpiece. Time to buy.

Janine || [ @FF.net ] [ @AO3.org ] [ @WP.com ]
Old 02-03-2005, 01:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle25
This is my favorite Brad Pitt movie. I have the video and have seen it tons of times. He made a great Louis! I even named my dog Louie after this character. I've read most of the Vampire Chronicles.. I didn't really understand Louis and Claudia's relationship I mean.. was it father/daughter was there some sexual tension to it? if you've ever read any of Anne Rice's books you know that she loves weird sexual situations and some of them go way over the top. So, I could never really figure out what way she meant for the realtionship between L/C to go.
I think it was a mixture of both. You could see the way Louis worried about Claudia, tried to protect her (he had his reasons to be a little obsessed about it after all), and cared about her. In the book she is supossed to look even younger than in the movie. But, I think there was definitely some sexual tension there too. Claudia might have looked like a little girl but she was an old soul after all.

Oh, and what else did I like about Louis in the movie beside the eyes? The paleness. It made him look more surreal
Old 02-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excalibur
I think it was a mixture of both. You could see the way Louis worried about Claudia, tried to protect her (he had his reasons to be a little obsessed about it after all), and cared about her. In the book she is supossed to look even younger than in the movie. But, I think there was definitely some sexual tension there too. Claudia might have looked like a little girl but she was an old soul after all.
WOW!! um..Louis and Claudia getting their freak on...I don't know how I would feel about that then again after reading the Vampire Lestat...I think I could be open mineded to it!