Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Total Fan

Super Cool Party People Episode (6.20) Discussion thread

Rory goes to the hospital to see Logan, but gets little information on his condition from the staff. Meanwhile, Luke throws a party for April and her friends at the diner, but panics when the bash is a bomb, and he calls Lorelai to come to the rescue.

I'll comment more later, but I must say that this episode most certainly moved forward with regard to all the different storylines. So much so I'm a bit shellshocked
Icon by Kiara99
Old 04-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by llanoestacado
I'll comment more later, but I must say that this episode most certainly moved forward with regard to all the different storylines. So much so I'm a bit shellshocked
OMIGD! I thought the exact same thing.
Especially in relationtion to the L/L storyline.
THANK GD.

I was tired of the long, annoying lull we've been having for 5 episodes.

But I do admit, I wasn't so excited by Luke/Scott tonight. Either his dialogue was written crappy, or he was executing crappy dialogue crappy, or he was just crappy.
Sorry bout the repetitive words. In specifics: his conversation with Caesar about how Caesar wants to be more 'customer friendly' rather than 'grumpy' and Luke acted, well, pissed-off grumpy rather than his usual 'I'm moody but I'm cute' grumpy.

And his dialogue when he explained to Lorelai why he hasn't introduced her to April-something about watching that made me go ugh.

When Luke/Scott was doing the "Ground rules" speech, I couldn' thelp but do these two things:
Shout "NO, Luke. NO" repeatedly like a guy orders his dog.
Cringe and bang my head over and over until the ugliness ended. I was too lazy to find a wall. Same cringing when his party was going major crappy.

I agree though. Great episode. Moved stuff along. And to the spoiler-free people, I just wanna say, you ROCK!
Yeah, moving on...
Old 04-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm glad that things are finally starting to move forward.

Luke's conversation with Ceasar was a little harsh, but I totally felt for him when he told Lorelai why he didn't want them to meet. I mean I have always considered Luke to be a little insecure with relationships in his life so this didn't really surprise me. It was just Luke, I know that I am in the minority here but oh well it's just how I feel.
Owen:We can do this. All you have to do is say yes.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And his dialogue when he explained to Lorelai why he hasn't introduced her to April-something about watching that made me go ugh.

When Luke/Scott was doing the "Ground rules" speech, I couldn' thelp but do these two things:
Shout "NO, Luke. NO" repeatedly like a guy orders his dog.
Cringe and bang my head over and over until the ugliness ended. I was too lazy to find a wall. Same cringing when his party was going major crappy.

I agree though. Great episode. Moved stuff along. And to the spoiler-free people, I just wanna say, you ROCK!
WORD! I do have to say in that last L/L scene in the kitchen of the Crap Shack, my props went out to SP. He looked frickin' confused and hurt and all discombobilated. If only they would talk about everything else like they did right there. She noticed something was wrong, asked, he told. Keep it up! geez..
Old 04-25-2006, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yes! They communicated! Finally, it took 'em long enough. Let's hope that they keep it up. (heh...dirty!, Sorry couldn't help it )
Owen:We can do this. All you have to do is say yes.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:00 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukelover87
Yes! They communicated! Finally, it took 'em long enough. Let's hope that they keep it up. (heh...dirty!, Sorry couldn't help it )
Thanks for reminding me of that very important fact!
I have to rewatch the episode to see the kitchen scene though.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:13 AM
New Fan

Best Parts:
1. Rory calling Michem and telling him off. That I must say was my fav part of the eppisode. Go Rory!
2. Mrs. Patty not telling Luke about Lorelai's sad drucken toast.
3. Lorelai and April finally bonding.
4. Collen and Fins Adoption Joke. Now that was funny.
5. Paris getting iformation on Logan for Rory that was so nice of her.
6. Sookie telling Lorelai all she did at the Wedding and Lorelai asking the omlet guy if he wanted a peice of her.

Worse Parts:
1. I hated Luke telling Lorelai that it was too soon because April will like her better then him. I thought that was selfish and very imature.
2. Anna getting mad because Lorelai helped Luke with the party, and the way she treated Lorelai. I think Anna is just jelous.
3. Luke cusing Cesier what was with that.
4. Logan being hurt that was kinda sad.

Over all it was a good eppisode I give it a 6.5 meaning it was not the best but I didn't not like it either.

Save Veronica Mars
Please visit my graphics and video Journal.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the ep.

It was really nice of Patty to help Lorelai with what happend at the wedding, but it is just adding up to all the lies/unspoken feelings between Luke and Lorelai. The endless love song...
It is time for an end though and a good end!

I kinda wanted to kick Luke's nice butt for telling Lorelai it was still too soon, but somehow it made sense what he was saying. He could have said it better/nicer. He is just getting to know her and well, he is grumpy ol' Luke...and not that good at expressing himself I guess. He was trying to communicate, so that is a plus.

Luke being Hagrid

Luke calling Lorelai and asking for her help was nice and the "bonding" between Lorelai and April was sweet.
I felt bad for Luke when Anna came storming in and started yelling at him. He was trying to be a good dad.
Him opening up to Lorelai when she asked him what was wrong, was also a step in the right direction.

I really enjoyed watching this ep
Only 2 more to go
Old 04-26-2006, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I cringed througgh a lot of the Luke scenes, I'm not sure if Scott was having an off-day and it was showing in his acting or if Luke was written badly. All I know is I cringed. It's a sad day indeed when I like the Rory/Logan scenes more than Luke/Lorelai. I however loved the scene when Lorelai and Luke actuaslly talked after Anna confronted him, and Lorelai going to see Anna (and is it Anna or Anne?)
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 04-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Janet ~
I cringed througgh a lot of the Luke scenes, I'm not sure if Scott was having an off-day and it was showing in his acting or if Luke was written badly. All I know is I cringed. It's a sad day indeed when I like the Rory/Logan scenes more than Luke/Lorelai. I however loved the scene when Lorelai and Luke actuaslly talked after Anna confronted him, and Lorelai going to see Anna (and is it Anna or Anne?)
I completely agree! There were a lot of moments that I didn't like Luke at all. It seemed like Lorelai actually didn't mind all the stuff that happened when she was talking to Sookie after the party. I thought that was weird. I wanted to kick Luke's ass again when he talked to Lorelai about Anna. It's a good thing he told her, but he was just so cold to her, like he was sorry he ever asked her to come.

Those last two eps better be good! (or else nothing, I'll still watch it every week )

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 04-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Total Fan

Luke really needed to grow a pair in this episode with regard to Anna. I totally get that Anna had every right to be upset about the kids spending time with someone she hasn't met (at least in theory -- she has no problem with the kid riding a bicycle all over the damn place, but I digress). But this whole "engaged isn't married" and "my kid" crap is a pile of poo.

Luke wasn't around for the kid because Anna didn't let him be. How freaking dare she punish him when she was the cause! And I'm sorry, but if someone has been in a relationship for over a year, and is engaged to be married, I think that you're an *expletive removed* idiot to not introduce your kid to that person. It is insulting both to the relationship and to the kid.

And Luke took it! He never argued with Anna in the least. The man has rights! And he's not stupid. Why doesn't he grow a pair and actually do some fighting for a situation that is actually workable?

It's frustrating -- because Luke isn't really to blame for all the problems happening right now, but he's really the only one that can move to end them. And he's not doing a damn thing.

Here's hoping that my unspoiled mind is jumping ahead to things that will be resolved in the next couple episodes.
Icon by Kiara99
Old 04-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Holy crap Colleen. I'm almost shocked to the point of speechless. I personally think someone should round up Luke, Lorelai and Anna and lock them into a room until they hash out some sort of arrangement that is, you know, workable.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 04-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ Janet ~
Holy crap Colleen. I'm almost shocked to the point of speechless. I personally think someone should round up Luke, Lorelai and Anna and lock them into a room until they hash out some sort of arrangement that is, you know, workable.
Well, every once in a while I get worked up
Icon by Kiara99
Old 05-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Total Fan

Disclaimer: the following statements are MY opinions, not to be confused with either facts or the opinions of any other individual on this or any other planet - and since I am writing this more than a week after watching the episode, I could easily be confusing things. Send all complaints to the Palladinos because it is all their fault anyway.

Luke/Caesar: I know this exchange was meant to be funny, but since one of my MANY pet peeves is employee insubordination, it bugged me. IMO, once Luke (the successful owner/operator of Luke’s Diner for 15 + years) rejected Caesar’s ideas, he should STFU for the time being. If he wants to bring up the suggestions again, he should wait a few weeks, and not do it in front of customers. I am not saying his claim that customers like nice and friendly service is wrong, just that Luke is the boss and he is not asking Caesar to do anything illegal or immoral so Caesar should accept Luke’s decisions or go work someplace else. As for Luke’s repeated use of “damn,” I had no problem with that because there are SO MANY times I have wanted to do that and felt it would be the only way to get my point across.

Lorelai/drunken speech: I was proud that Lorelai was going to come clean about her drunken speech – and hoping it would lead to an honest talk about the wedding and her future with Luke. I was VERY disappointed that she, and apparently the entire town, went along with Miss Patty’s lie. Dang town should change its name to Liars Hollow.

Luke/Lorelai/first birthday party talk: happy that Luke wanted to host a birthday party for April, glad that Luke chose not to borrow one of Lorelai’s outlandish birthday party themes (1 clown arrested, a scavenger hunt that had children (cannot remember their age) outside Doose’s at 11:00 p.m.?!, heaven only knows what else) though I would have prefered if he acknowledged at that point that her help would be appreciated if she could control her frequent over-the-top urges.

Luke/Lorelai shopping: started out great, though clearly she is not as adept at steering his purchases as she thought - sometimes comically (her clothes), sometimes, to me anyway, annoyingly (toiletry set). As for his reason for keeping April and Lorelai physically apart at this time, yes, it sounds silly, but I think he knows this which is why it came out the way it did (frustrated and defensive). He was not proud of having these feelings and yet he has these feelings nonetheless and hiding them is not going to make them go away. Perhaps admitting it was a step in the right direction and could have led them to working on it together. Of course, that is not how it went.

Luke/birthday party: Mostly comic over-protectiveness. His statement that the birthday party was the activity makes me wonder about his birthday experiences growing up - probably similar to mine.

Luke/Lorelai/birthday party: I am glad April and her friends had fun, though I wonder who paid for the items selected at the beauty supply store and how much it all cost. Also, while April loved the book and gift card Lorelai swapped out for Luke’s gift, if someone had swapped out a gift I had selected without consulting with me first, I would have been furious just on general principles.

Luke/Anna: B**ch needs to back off. All of the parents had been contacted and should have asked their own questions at that time regarding parental supervision so there should (should is, of course, no guarantee) have been no problems with the other parents. Makes me wonder what was discussed during the phone call between April and Anna about spending the night. Luke tried to do the right thing by having a female adult with the girls and he never left the building so if anything went awry he was only seconds away – seriously, how much sleep do you think he got with a bunch of teenage girls and Lorelai in the room over his head? Would she have been just as upset if it had been Liz? Okay, not a great example because Liz is Liz, and the two have met, but the point is, IMO Anna’s problem was that the adult female was Luke’s finance, not that he was not personally supervising the girls.

Luke/Lorelai/what Anna said: No accusations, just stating simple sad facts. I felt bad for both of them. Shallow entertainment – Luke lifting his leg over the back of the chair.

Lorelai/Anna: see Luke/Anna. Also, does Anna plan on preventing April from attending Luke's wedding (should that ever come to pass)? Is April not allowed to meet Lorelai until she and Luke are celebrating their 10th anniversary, or until Luke is on his deathbed? While one person I know said that Anna's behavior was common, I still think it was extreme.

I sure talk alot.
Old 05-09-2006, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

Cool post!

Could it be Anna is a little jealous of Lorelai. After all, Luke is fully commited at this moment. Maybe, she has always harboured a desire to be with the father of her child, which is not a weird thing if you ask me. Now that April knows Luke and she sees Luke can be responsible and wants to be in April's life, that desire is surfacing a little more... 'Engaged us not married' could also mean, he's fair game... I know it's a long shot and probably not even going to happen, but it's a possibility.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne