Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-15-2007, 09:02 AM
Ultimate Fan

Saw IV discussion thread #3 ~ Opens on October 26 (spoilers within!)

Welcome to the House of Saw

. .

From IMDB:
  • Following the events of SAW 3, Jeff is now left puzzled as he struggles to survive. Locked in the building, Jeff needs to find his daughter and get out of there before they both die. While searching, he finds a video Jigsaw made after he found out he had cancer. What's on that video brings up a brand new twist that Jeff must figure out before he becomes a murder mystery.

Angus Macfadyen (Not under his credits- May or may not be true) and Tobin Bell return in the final of the Saw franchise. This time, its one man against the clock, as twisted serial killer 'Jigsaw' has one final deadly game to play...Following on the events of the last film, Jeff is left in a head-spin as the search for his missing daughter under weighs. With nothing but a single tape from the now deceased Jigsaw to bring him to his dying daughter, Jeff must decide whether to risk his own life for the smallest chance of relocating his daughter, who is slowly perishing in a cell of horror and dread...

Saw IV picks up right after Jigsaw's death in Saw III. Jeff must find his daughter before her oxygen supply runs out. He must uncover the tapes left by Jigsaw to unlock the clues to her location. Along the way he discovers unimaginable secrets about Jigsaw's past. To make matters worse, a character from the first film returns with a much different outlook on life. Saw IV in theaters October 26, 2007.

"Jigsaw still haunts the living in Saw IV, forcing them to appreciate life, or face death. As a continuation of Saw III, Jeff must find his daughter and escape the building to which they are confined before they both die. After finding another tape of Jigsaw, Jeff realizes there may be a newly added piece of the puzzle that he must decipher before it's too late."

First picture

Some Links:

Official Saw IV site

Darren Lynn Bousman's blog
The Official SAW Fan Club
SAW 4 IV Fansite
Th3 HoUSe of J I G S A W

Previous Thread

Last edited by Cappuccino; 09-19-2007 at 06:59 AM
Old 09-15-2007, 09:35 AM
SPA
Master Fan

Cappuccino: Thank you for the new thread of the "House of SAW"

"It's like a train wreck. You can't help yourself."

I'm ready for Saw IV....... but I'm not.
I'm always in Scott's corner.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:40 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread Cappu!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappuccino (View Post)
URH ! Can't be any slower.
Oh thank goodness! I mean not "thank goodness" that it's slow, but I thought it was just me!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara99 (View Post)
I thought for a sec that the Jeff guy was Scott
I had the same reaction....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA (View Post)
Danielle: I don't think anybody knows exactly what Scott's role is in Saw IV. We do know that he is scheduled to be in Saw V and VI. An earlier source of mine told me that he doesn't get tortured and that he wears suits throughout the movie. I was under the impression that meant that he does NOT get tortured. However, I'm not sure about this source -- only that this source worked on the set of Saw IV -- I'm not close to this source either. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Though most reports do claim he's an FBI profiler...
But I guess it is a wait and see...

Last edited by Folie; 09-15-2007 at 09:49 AM
Old 09-15-2007, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

So weird that he also wasn't in the autopsy trailer. I wonder what his role is then.

Thanks for the new thread, Cappu!

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 09-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Ultimate Fan

I don't know if that's the case or just me being all "I hope Scott is the bad guy" but since they don't show him or draw much attention to his character I really hope I'm right and Scott's character was Jigsaw's back up in case Amanda failed.

You are all welcome
Old 09-15-2007, 11:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't know if that's the case or just me being all "I hope Scott is the bad guy" but since they don't show him or draw much attention to his character I really hope I'm right and Scott's character was Jigsaw's back up in case Amanda failed.

You are all welcome
I never looked at it that way, but you could be right...
Spoiler:

This is insane.

Yvonne
Old 09-15-2007, 12:28 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Lack of information about the movie is letting our imaginations run wild, which is what Darren wants, I suppose. He's really kept everyone in the dark about everyone's role, including Jigsaw's. We know he's dead, but Tobin Bell would not disclose how his role is being played -- won't even acknowledge if it's even flashbacks. So, to me, it's up in the air -- a coin toss -- as to what Scott's role is in the movie.

Interesteing concept though Cappu
Old 09-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Ultimate Fan

Well Jigsaw is dead so we will get flashbacks. There are still things we don't know about him. They didn't show his wife in the last one for nothing and she will be back in this movie. Amanda will be back and from the last movie we know how she ended so we'll get flashbacks as well.
Since I heard Scott was on that movie I wanted him to be on the bad side because this is just too freaking hot Yes I'm weird Now we don't see him in trailers, promos or get much about his character. We know Scott has a scene with Tobin. Can still me in the mortuary but I doubt it since Scott's statement sounds as if they interact.
Besides I don't really believe Amanda was Jigsaw's only student. He sure had a back up. Who else could have set up the traps for this movie then ? He didn't trust Amanda and she had to go throw another test to really proof herself worthy and well watch Saw III to find out what happened
I'm really curious what role his wife played though. We don't know if she is still alive or if something happened to her which led to the sick games Jigsaw likes to play or if she even was behind all of that or still is. Or I'm completely behind because I didn't pay much attention during Saw III
Old 09-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

It does make sense. Us not seeing or hearing anything about Scott's character is a little suspicious. Or just what SPA says, it's just Darren wanting out imagination to run wild.
Maybe he is the bad guys, acting like he is one of the good ones.
I don't know how I feel about that though. We'll just have to wait and see

Thanks for the new thread Cappu
Old 09-16-2007, 02:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if I want Scott to be a bad guy.
It really is a mystery though because he doesn't appear in any trailer..
Old 09-16-2007, 07:49 AM
Total Fan

I am so lost because I have not seen any of the other movies. I guess it is time to go rent them. Yuck!

I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.

Michelle
Old 09-16-2007, 08:02 AM
SPA
Master Fan

Michelle: It won't be pleasant. I have all 3 and at first I did nothing but "listen" the the movie -- with every once in a while watch a scene or two. When the screaming became tolerable after about listening 3-4 times, I would watch a little bit more. However, the autopsy scene I viewed from Saw IV is 10 times more gross than anything I've seen thus far in Saws 1, 2, 3. The first three Saws aren't really that bad after you get used to the plot line --It's no Rocky Horror Picture Show, that's for sure.

I love Scott's performances, but watching Saw IV is challenging me on my limits -- and I didn't think I had one.
Old 09-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboutscott (View Post)
I am so lost because I have not seen any of the other movies. I guess it is time to go rent them. Yuck!
I was thinking the same thing while reading all the thoughts. Yeah, so after I am done renting Heroes, Saw is next... unless my brother has it. Hm. I should check
Old 09-16-2007, 09:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well Jigsaw is dead so we will get flashbacks. There are still things we don't know about him. They didn't show his wife in the last one for nothing and she will be back in this movie. Amanda will be back and from the last movie we know how she ended so we'll get flashbacks as well.
Since I heard Scott was on that movie I wanted him to be on the bad side because this is just too freaking hot Yes I'm weird Now we don't see him in trailers, promos or get much about his character. We know Scott has a scene with Tobin. Can still me in the mortuary but I doubt it since Scott's statement sounds as if they interact.
Besides I don't really believe Amanda was Jigsaw's only student. He sure had a back up. Who else could have set up the traps for this movie then ? He didn't trust Amanda and she had to go throw another test to really proof herself worthy and well watch Saw III to find out what happened
I'm really curious what role his wife played though. We don't know if she is still alive or if something happened to her which led to the sick games Jigsaw likes to play or if she even was behind all of that or still is. Or I'm completely behind because I didn't pay much attention during Saw III
I completely agree. Everything is possible. I don't know. I kind of like the idea of Scott being the bad guy. Or maybe he is forced to help. Or maybe he is related to Jigsaw's wife. I don't know.

Yvonne
Old 09-17-2007, 05:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

And if Scott's the bad guy he is doing the torture He probably won't lose any body parts that way