Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-18-2007, 03:04 AM
Elite Fan

News Thread #3

Continue.

Previous thread.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 03-18-2007, 03:09 AM
Addicted Fan

Hee. I was just posting and got a NO NO Thread is closed!

I could handle a Rory light season. I haven't cared much for her since S5 and its very rare I find her story interesting this year. I could handle having her be in half the episodes because this last season she might have been in them all but she hasn't had much of a storyline.

I have a gut feeling we wont get a S8 though. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:37 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for the new thread
Icon by Kiara99
Old 03-18-2007, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread
Old 03-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know about a light Rory season... I think she should be there fulltime, because if we are going to get a Season 8...that WILL be the last one. She should be 100% in it because of that.

God what am I saying, I not even a Rory fan
Old 03-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

the whole problem with it all si that Rory's sl is kinda finished, she hits the point where she start her life, where she gets what she was going from the Pilot, the whole storyline around gets closed.
But when it comes to Lorelai she's half way there. She's not at the point where you could say her sl got a round and closed itself. She doesn't have a whole package she wanted, she doesn't even have a man she wants. Yes she's a succeful woman, has friends, wonderful daughter, but isn't it what she had when the show started? That's why we NEED season 8. That' why I see rory-light storyline happening. and we need to see more of Luke, this seaon wasn't enogh of him. I'm not ready to say goo bye to him.
If it's really AB's fault that we don't have another seaon , I find it absolutely unloyal of her toward the show, fans and other actors, cause she keeps them hanging. She wouldn't be at the place she's right now if not the show and right now for me she just shows her middle finger to all of us
Old 03-18-2007, 01:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

I would be okay with a Rory light season. We need more episodes to see LL together.

KB
Old 03-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
We need more episodes to see LL together.
That we do!
Old 03-18-2007, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:02 AM
Total Fan

I think the biggest difference with Lorelai is that she's learned how to have relationships. And there's no doubt that she's going to get her whole package now. And that's what the show's about -- the journey to get the whole package. If Rory's storyline is complete, I would argue that Lorelai's is too -- she is now equipped to get what she wants and keep it successfully.

If there is an 8th season, and it's a full one, I'm not sure how they can keep it from getting boring without all kinds of contrivances. Maybe a half season would be okay, I don't know.

I'm confused about Luke, too -- he had a huge storyline this season! And we saw just as much of him, if not more, than we have in past seasons.

I don't know. I think if you hold AB to that kind of standard (especially since she's completed her original contract and has been saying for quite some time she doesn't want to act any more), then you have to hold fans to the same standard. So anyone who left the show because they didn't like the storyline or got bored doesn't get to call him/herself a fan. That seems kind of silly to me.

The part that gets me is that many of those who are most adamant for another season are the ones who have complained most loudly this past season. And I'd put money on the fact that halfway through the season, they'll just be complaining again.

No matter what happens, there are folks who will be unhappy.
Icon by Kiara99
Old 03-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Elite Fan

I love that post, Colleen!

I think GG has made it painfully clear that you can't satisfy everone and I don't think you should try either.

The way the storyline has developed, it makes it hard to go through a whole season again, so I would be happy with only 12 eps or whatever.

Quote:
I don't know. I think if you hold AB to that kind of standard (especially since she's completed her original contract and has been saying for quite some time she doesn't want to act any more), then you have to hold fans to the same standard. So anyone who left the show because they didn't like the storyline or got bored doesn't get to call him/herself a fan. That seems kind of silly to me.
I agree.

Yvonne
Old 03-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The part that gets me is that many of those who are most adamant for another season are the ones who have complained most loudly this past season. And I'd put money on the fact that halfway through the season, they'll just be complaining again.
I agree

I would love to see a Season 8, but just to let Lorelai have her middle and to see Rory become the journalist that she has been talking about from episode one (or a part of that). I would be dissapointed if they rush things in the episodes we have left. It doesn't have to be a full season, but just to close the book in the right way and not stop half sentence (or something like that )
Old 03-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Addicted Fan

No matter what there are people who wont be happy. Its the same with every single show on tv. I have complained about this season but I have also defended DR on several occasions. I want another year mainly to see all the stories wrapped up in a nice and satisfying way. I just don't feel they'll be able to to it in the last 5 episodes. I don't just mean L/L here; I mean all the stories; Emily, Richard, Rory, Lorelai, Luke, April and all the townies who I have missed this season. We have hardly seen them.
JMO
Old 03-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ true. No matter how good those last 5 episodes are going to be, I will always get the feeling that they've rushed things.

And I don't know what the chances are to get a shorter season. That would only be possible if the writers and actors have the feeling that it's not quite finished yet and that the fans deserve the get a proper ending. I can't really see that happening though. Yeah, call me pessimistic. :-/
Old 03-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasadora (View Post)
^^ true. No matter how good those last 5 episodes are going to be, I will always get the feeling that they've rushed things.

And I don't know what the chances are to get a shorter season. That would only be possible if the writers and actors have the feeling that it's not quite finished yet and that the fans deserve the get a proper ending. I can't really see that happening though. Yeah, call me pessimistic. :-/
I completely agree. I hope they do it in a tasteful/believable way. Assuming they are getting L/L back together...

Yvonne