Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley
I doubt they don't have any respect for the fans. Just because they are putting their needs first, doesn't mean they don't respect us. They do realise that some fans will always hate them and love them and hate them again. By admitting that they can't give 100% anymore and therefor need to step back, they are thinking of the fans.

I just hope that the show will be what they had wanted it to be next season.
I'm not talking about them deciding to leave and not sticking around for the fans. That I get. But respecting the fans with the way they develop their story. That they have not done. Trust me...Saying for example they followed through with the fallout of sleeping with a married man (for Rory and Dean they did mention it in the whole thing...I don't know if that part was brought here). Did you see that? Cause I sure didn't! Having Lindsay's mum yell at Rory for HALF a scene, does not constitute dealing with it!
Old 04-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Total Fan

I don't think there's any need to get up in arms over this. Each of us is entitled to our opinion about the storylines and whether or not the Ps respect the fans.

Making pronouncements that deride the opinion of others won't change that.
Icon by Kiara99
Old 04-27-2006, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

But respecting the fans with the way they develop their story.

That sounds pretty subjective to me. They can never please everyone and I am glad they have never tried to do so, but follow their own storyline, the way they saw it fit.

And I think they dealt with Rory/Dean in a good way. They showed the consequences. Rory was miserable, Dean got a divorce etc.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 04-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

well saying one thing then doing something thatis exact opposite and thenbeing all shoke and call people naive for believing in the first place is not respecting them imo.
it's not about going against what we want, it's going against of all we have been given for 5,5 year that made me not trust those two at all now
We have out opinnion, you have your opinnion... I just wonder how it will all turn out at he end

whatever ASP "plan" was I just hope that next year Rosy will make it better, and with lat epi he proved he's able to do that
Old 04-27-2006, 01:09 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fojbe
... I just wonder how it will all turn out at he end
Not me I know how it will turn out

And if you try to tell me differently I will put my fingers in my ears and sing "lalalalala" until I wear you out
Icon by Kiara99
Old 04-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by llanoestacado
I don't think there's any need to get up in arms over this. Each of us is entitled to our opinion about the storylines and whether or not the Ps respect the fans.

Making pronouncements that deride the opinion of others won't change that.
That wasn't my intetion, and if I offended anyone I apologise. But I do have reasons to believe Amy hasn't stayed true to her fans, and be frustrated and bitter, and I can reasure you I'm not alone.

Quote:
well saying one thing then doing something thatis exact opposite and thenbeing all shoke and call people naive for believing in the first place is not respecting them imo.
it's not about going against what we want, it's going against of all we have been given for 5,5 year that made me not trust those two at all now
We have out opinnion, you have your opinnion... I just wonder how it will all turn out at he end

Now nobody get me wrong, she has created a world I loved and characters I care deaply about, but I as a layal fan, do feel betrayed.
Am I sad she's leaving? Sure!
Do I think it would have been nice if she stuck around for S7? Absolutely!
Do I think it's a bad thing she's not? They way things are turning out, not necesaraly.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by llanoestacado
Not me I know how it will turn out

And if you try to tell me differently I will put my fingers in my ears and sing "lalalalala" until I wear you out
so this was that annoyng sound that wouldn't let me fall asleep last night
Old 04-28-2006, 03:46 AM
Elite Fan

I wonder how many of the 'I hate ASP' people are actually glad she is leaving...

Yvonne
Old 04-28-2006, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I wonder how many of the 'I hate ASP' people are actually glad she is leaving...
a lot, believe me a lot...
not all... but a lot of them
Old 04-28-2006, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think there are a few...
I am not one of them though.

I never hated ASP for how she "handled" the story line. Sure there are/were times I was mad, but she can not make all the fan happy.
Old 04-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
a lot, believe me a lot...
not all... but a lot of them
I believe it. But what if Rosenthal can't make it work either? Will they start hating him too?

Yvonne
Old 04-28-2006, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

My 2 cents...
It's sad that ASP isn't sticking for the 7th season of Gilmore Girls but even though the storylines weren't my favorite this season I can't say that I truly hate them. They've all had their purposes and this year the girls are dealing with other stuff in their lives now that they're both in a relationship... i find that aspect interesting.. But that could just be me

And about Dave Rosenthal... he's done a great job on the 2 episodes he's written for this show, without a doubt, but next year Dave has to think of his own storylines and all of that while ASP/DP did that this year... So basically IMO writing, he's good at that, it's very Gilmore-like... storylines, we have to see that yet.. I'm having an open mind about ASP leaving the show, I don't want to be biased that it will stink from now on...

So any Scott news besides this all?!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 04-28-2006, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I believe it. But what if Rosenthal can't make it work either? Will they start hating him too?
there is a little difference between them . Rosenthal never promissed anything to us, and never made us believe in something and then kill it.. so he prabobly won't finish on my "to kill list"
Old 04-28-2006, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinystar
And about Dave Rosenthal... he's done a great job on the 2 episodes he's written for this show, without a doubt, but next year Dave has to think of his own storylines and all of that while ASP/DP did that this year... So basically IMO writing, he's good at that, it's very Gilmore-like... storylines, we have to see that yet.. I'm having an open mind about ASP leaving the show, I don't want to be biased that it will stink from now on...
Actually that isn't necessarily true.
Amy is famous for her re-writes.
And there are reports that the staff doesnt get to work so much on the dialogue.

This from an old interview with Jane Espenson who used to be on the writing staff
JOZIC: Why the jump from Gilmore to Tru? I was a bit surprised to see you do only one year of that show before moving on. Was it an awkward fit for you, or was it the development deal offered by FOX?

ESPENSON: I loved my experience at Gilmore Girls. Amy Sherman Palladino was extremely kind to me and I adored the staff. It is a system, however, that emphasizes using the writers heavily for story construction and less for writing of dialogue. I found that I missed the writing. And, yes, there is that 20th development deal
So I'm not so sure we got that much of DR in 603 and 620.
I am willing o give him the benefit of th doubt though.

~~~~~

Now for some Scott news.
S6 Emmy screeners have appeared on e-bay.
The screener contains four episodes:
Friday Night's Alright for Fighting, The Prodigal Daughter Returns, We've Got Magic to Do, and Fight Face.
Now I might be naive but am I alone in being happy that the roof rant is included?
Old 04-30-2006, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

Opps sorry.

Last edited by ravenb; 04-30-2006 at 07:07 AM