Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-13-2005, 07:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New Episode! Season Premiere! 6.01 New and Improved Lorelai (spoilers)

Quote:
Picking up on the same night as last season's finale, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Luke (Scott Patterson) begin making plans for their future, but Luke (Scott Patterson) is embarrassed when word spreads that Lorelai was the one who proposed. Still hurt over Rory's (Alexis Bledel) decision to drop out of Yale and move in with Emily (Kelly Bishop) and Richard (Edward Herrmann), Lorelai tells her parents that they can take care of Rory from now on. Richard hires an old friend and respected attorney (guest star Robert Foxworth, "Falcon Crest") to help Rory get an easy sentence for stealing the yacht, but the judge gives Rory 300 hours of community service. Logan (Matt Czuchry) throws Rory a "felon" party.

Yanic Truesdale, Liza Weil and Sean Gunn also star. Amy Sherman-Palladino wrote and directed the episode.
Courtesy: thewb.com
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 09-13-2005, 07:26 AM
Total Fan

Finally... after a very long summer.

Thanks Janet for starting this thread.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:39 AM
Loyal Fan

can'T wait for this ep. i have to wait for the lcips, because i live in germany. i just want to fly to the US right now
Old 09-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well I already shared my thoughts on the GG board but I will here also

I really enjoyed the eppy, I noticed alot of people on the GG board seem to have alot of issues with certains things but I didnt. I enjoyed it for what it was and I also liked Lukes new hair, it looks sexy on him.
My LJ
Old 09-13-2005, 10:20 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainstorm18
I really enjoyed the eppy, I noticed alot of people on the GG board seem to have alot of issues with certains things but I didnt. I enjoyed it for what it was and I also liked Lukes new hair, it looks sexy on him.
Jenny, so nice to see you posting here.

I also liked the episode. Babette and Kirk were way too funny.
I didn't like Rory's reactions in courtroom, she didn't seem to understand the gravity of her past actions.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

My Review of 6.01 New and Improved Lorelai

LL
First of all I am so happy that Luke said yes I was how ever suprised at how he answered so quickly. I thought it was funny when they where looking for alcholic drinks and when they finaly found it it was Zema and Luke called it a chick beer. Then the Kiss was so romantic I for one had my 1st kiss under a Gazabo so I find kissing under romantic even though the power went out lol. Now to the bed scene OMG they where so cute I loved the Kid talk and I laughed when they where finaly about to go to sleep and lorelai set up and was Like you bought a house with out consulting me and then he said he wouldn't do it agian. Then after they layed down Lorelai said that Kids would be nise and they both smiled I was like awww. I am glad to see that Luke is not condoning Lorelai snubing Rory. It lets you see how much he cares for both of them.

RLER
I feel that she is being selfish I think she could have gone home and got her stuff. I feel that she was hurt that Lorelai did not come to the hearing but she deserved it she could have acted like an adult and told Lorelai that she was moving it with Emily and Richard stive makeing Emily and Richard tell her. The party thing was just wrong it made it look like what Rory and Logan did was a good thing, If I commited a crime I would not be in a party mood. I think Rory deserved what she got 300 hours of community service is letting her off easy to me she could have gotten more of a punishment then she did so I think that they all should be greatful that Rory was not thrown in a cell for about 6 months. I don't blame Logan for Rory quiting yele and such though I do think he has been a bad influence on her. I don't think its fair that Logan did not get a hearing and Rory did I think he should get more of a punishment because from what we learned last season this was not the 1st time he had pulled that. I think Emily and Richard over reacted but I did think it was funny when Emily said Richard you can't kill him here we are in a court house.

Kirk and the Towns People
Kirk was funny when he was beging Luke for the ring back, I am so glad to hear that he is going to ask LuLu to marrie him I can't waite to see the weding They are such a cute cuple. Ok was it just me or did Grant look like he had lost weight since last season? I thought they treated Luke alittle mean because it was Lorelai who perposed and not him. I don't think it should matter as long as one of them poped the question.

The End
I almost cried when Lorelai walked in Rorys room I so wanted to hug her and tell her every thing was going to work out.

All in all I give this eppy a 9 out of 10 so its a good eppy . I gave it a 9 because I missed seeing Lane and Sookie.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:16 AM
Total Fan

Mandy great review of the episode.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:59 AM
Master Fan

I loved the way Luke reacted to the proposal And I thought it was great he told her about the kids and the house. And it was even greater that Lorelai listened to what he said and wasn't asleep. And yay: Kids would be good!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainstorm18
I also liked Lukes new hair, it looks sexy on him.
ITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandypandy1981
RLER
I feel that she is being selfish I think she could have gone home and got her stuff. I feel that she was hurt that Lorelai did not come to the hearing but she deserved it she could have acted like an adult and told Lorelai that she was moving it with Emily and Richard stive makeing Emily and Richard tell her.
ITA. Rory doesn't seem to understand what she's done. I couldn't believe when she asked Emily: Is she mad? Of course she is! Is it a bad mad?
Old 09-14-2005, 03:38 AM
Total Fan

Here we go again. I read all the comments around the different boards before to watch the episode and it seems to me to come back to the time of the eppy 5.06. When some people kept saying how touchy she was with Chris.I got worried and when I watched the episode I was"What?That's it?She barely touched his hand to drag him to the couch,she's absolutely uncomfortable and this is enough to say that she was touching him over and over again?".
It's exactly the same this time around.
The after-proposal was awkward? Yes it was ,but I think you're seeing it in a completely wrong way.In a bad way.Which I don't think it was the way ASP wanted us to see it.
Lorelai had just opened up to Luke,he was ranting and she had this sudden realization that he was The One (well not that sudden since she was thinking about marrying him since episode 5.12,but...anyway...).She proposed. This proposal was unexpected to the both of them. Lorelai followed her heart,the heat of the moment...and I think she herself was pretty shocked by her own words...even more shocked by Luke's immediate answer.
Like Lorelai,Luke has followed his own heart. He loves her and ,despite the shock of the proposal(which to him came out of nowhere,since he thought she was mulling the job and all), he's answered following his heart. I think he was in daze. She was in daze. They were just overwhelmed by the situation. This is a huge life -changing moment and it sort of came out of nowhere...It was unexpected and shocking to say the least.
You can see that. She's blabbing,He is silently staring at her. They seem in trance.
Lorelai does what she usually does:blabs. He does what he usually does :stares in silence.
It's almost like she's begging him to say something at one point and when he comes out with "We should toast". It's like she's thinking"Thank God he said something!".
It was funny and very sweet to watch them running around like they didn't know what they were doing or who they were at the moment.And how cute it was when Luke was rubbing her back while they were talking to Taylor? Or the giddy smile that Lorelai had on her face at the market? Sooo cute.
I loved how she seemed so excited about the toast,the zima,and how she dragged him to the gazebo 'cause it was the most romantic place to toast...awww...And the kiss...that was perfect:passionate,sweet,romantic and very long!
I also found lovely the scene in the bed. Her content smile while she was drifting off to sleep,the way she kept saying that his bed seemed more comfortable and that they should always spend the night having sex and drinkin zima LOL And Luke was so worried 'cause he knew he had to tell her about the house and the kids.It was so funny to watch him rant and see Lorelai perfectly calm and content.
And when she finally processes it all LOL She sits up all serious and rants
I loved her smile when she told Luke "Kids might be good" and Luke's grin was just sexy
I'm also glad to see that they're finally beginning to communicate better. I liked the fact that Luke was able to read through her banter and see that she was hurting for Rory.I think it's a good thing that he's trying to make her deal with her feelings and the whole situation(I think it's going to cause issues btw them though).
Off to Paris:I love this girl! Her scenes were just hilarious.The way she was freaking out or she didn't let Luke introduce himself or yelled at Logan LOL This girl is amazing. It was really sweet when she told Lorelai that Rory was the one who ever challenged her and was her only real friend.Poor girl.Go out and find a better friend. You deserve it.
I really don't get Rory. It seems like she doesn't care about anything right now.
It hurts very much to compare the behaviours of the two Lorelais.One is angry,sad and hurt. The other one is convinced to be indipendent,grown up and all she ever wanted to be. Yes ,she seems a little disappointed that Lorelai hasn't come to the hearing,but not devasted or really hurt.
I think that Lorelai is overreacting a bit,but I can totally see why she's so mad at Rory.Her daughter cutted her out of her life since the whole Dean's thing. From that moment on Lorelai was good for Rory only if she was in truoble and had noboy to lean on ,but she couldn't tell her she had made a mistake sleeping with a married man,or that it wasn't very Rory-like to have an open relationship with a guy ,or that maybe Logan wasn't the right guy for her if he couldn't commit .She couldn't tell her her opinions. She had to forgive her affair,support her while she was crying drunk on the floor or when she stole a boat or when she dropped college,but God forbid Lorelai to say something!She just doesn't understand because she didn't go to collage.
I think that Lorelai just exploded all together. She has letted Rory take her decisions and making her mistakes ,but dropping college and throwing all their work away because of one person's opinion was just too much to bear. Rory wanted indipendence.She's got it now.Maybe she' ll understand how grown up she really is.
I didn't stand Emily very much.She almost seemed pleased to have Rory for herself and,just as usual,she didn't know how to deal with her daughter since she just did anything to provoke her and make her feel more frustrated and betrayed than she alredy was. I preferred Richard instead. He really did seem concerned about Rory's situation and wanted to make everything better. He was more understanding with Lorelai and really did seem to want to fill her in and make her feel like she was part of the team.
I even liked Logan. He seemed genuely concerned for Rory and not pleased by her choice or behaviour. I truly hope that we'll be able to get to know him better. Right now I'm all for it.
Another thing I noticed is how people keep complaining about the lack of affaction btw Luke and Lorelai,but it's not like ASP is doing this just with them. I mean...Logan and Rory are 20 years old,they should be all over each other and they just had three pecks on the lips.
It's pretty typical of Amy to not show signs of affections very often in the couples.It's not like she has never done it before with the other romantic relationships had by the two Gilmore. She also explained why she decided that way for Luke and Lorelai so I don't really think that things are suddenly gonna change this year.I don't know why people expect it to happen.
Talking about the last scene...that was a beautiful,heart-breaking scene.Lauren was amazing as always.
All in all a good episode.Full of mixed up feelings:joy,romanticism,anger,sadness,disappointment,fears...It's a good premise to an year that I predict as full of drama.
The Rory and Lorelai's rift isn't going to be healed anytime soon and it will probably influence bth Lorelai and Rory's behaviour toward each other,their respective partners,the elder Gilmore ect.
Yes...I predict a lot of drama for the upcoming year
Old 09-14-2005, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've been where Rory is, it's horrible that lost feeling. However she decided to inflict pain upon other people by stealing a boat (she hurt the owners, she hurt her mother, her grandparents must also feel a bit hurt). I don't blame Logan for Rory's behavior or for her dropping out of Yale.
Kirk was funny, as usual. Begging Luke back for the ring, making those snide little comments. I love kirk. Patty & Babette were great, I especially loved Babette's comment about Luke's ass. I'm not sure I was happ
Luke and Lorelai: After all this time we get an answer but (and correct me if I'm wrong. Please correct me) I didn't hear an ILY. I loved that awkwardness in the beginning, I mean I thought they'd kiss or spend more time with the answer just to go upstairs fading out to the theme song, but this was perfect in itself. I loved the way they told Taylor first, and how Luke's arm snaked around Lorelai. Luke and Lorelai, as I've seen mentionned before, are finally starting to really communicate, and he's calling her on snubbing Rory.
All in all I give it a 4/5
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 09-14-2005, 04:18 PM
Master Fan

Well I liked it!
The akwardness didn't bug me!
We've had months to mull over it...they had seconds to grasp the fact that they are now engaged!
What I didn't like was the direction in the L&L bedroom scene!
The wig sucked but Luke was sweet and looked good in that grey pair of trousers!
And how great was it for him being able to pick a ring for Lorelai by himself?
*cough*Max*cough*

Loving Logan even more if that's possible!

Townies rocked! Taylor was kaaaaaay.....

Finn was Finn and that's enough! Same goes with Paris!

Although I appreciated Emily's & Richards attempts to try & include Lorelai I found it sad that they thought everything was under control!

And Rory is actualy starting to piss me off with her naivete. She thinks that she can just shut her mother out and expect her to be OK with it. Not dealing with her mother & yet being suprised she's not around is just plain silly! Especially if she allows Emily & Richard to be her middlemen!
Old 09-14-2005, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke
Jenny, so nice to see you posting here.

I also liked the episode. Babette and Kirk were way too funny.
I didn't like Rory's reactions in courtroom, she didn't seem to understand the gravity of her past actions.
Thank you, its nice being here.

I agree about Rory, I do like her at times but lately she just been going downhill for me, hopefully things will rise back up again and she can learn from her actions and whatnot.

I loved Babette's comment on Lukes butt also, that was great!
My LJ
Old 09-15-2005, 02:43 AM
Total Fan

Babette running while holding her breasts was hilarious.

Lor, very beautiful in-depth analysis of the episode.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Total Fan

Thank you Luke
Old 09-15-2005, 10:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbarrytx
I am in a positive mood today, so I'm gonna talk about what I liked.

Every time I watch the scene where he says yes, it makes me giggle. Every time. It is too cute.

Anyone else completely enamored by the look Luke gives Lorelai right before they kiss in the gazebo? Love it!

And Luke's rant in the bed was soooo Luke.

Luke, Babette, and Patty. Need I say more?

"Moment's here"
I love all of them! Especially the look! But also the swaying during the kiss. I just hope Lorelai opens up completely to Luke! Or maybe I hope she won't and that will cause a rift and that will cause angst, and I love angst...

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne