Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-27-2011, 06:09 PM
New Fan

I know right? Wish I could have seen what was being discussed behind the scenes, wonder if the actor's were let down with the direction and writing of the show, ultimately it cost them work, because it got nixed and could have still had life left in it. A GG movie would be great, but I wonder why we haven't seen any ASP books on the market. I would be on board with reading anything she wrote! There are probably to many legal logistics for her too start GG books, but wouldn't that be a fabulous franchise???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA (View Post)
I wonder......Scott and all the cast members to be honest, have repeatedly said that they trusted ASP implicitly and that the writers were top-of-the-line. All the actors trusted the writing, trusted their judgment (even with ASP) gone from the show -- to get them thru this tough situation and that everyone will be saying "Ahhhhhh" at the end. I wonder when the actors realized that wasn't going to happen. Season 7 started filming in August 2006, right? Lulu can chime in on this -- it just seemed to us that when we went to L.A. in February 2007 -- all was lost; no hope; beyond repair.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:12 PM
Obsessed Fan

Season seven, I believe started back in July of 06. Sadly the actors were un in the air as much as the fans I think.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:52 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Back "On Topic" -- There are very few moments in tv history where the romantic chemistry between two actors felt like it was "real life" Luke & Lorelai / Scott & Lauren.....they made the cut in this department -- they were the real deal.
I'm always in Scott's corner.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA (View Post)
Back "On Topic" -- There are very few moments in tv history where the romantic chemistry between two actors felt like it was "real life" Luke & Lorelai / Scott & Lauren.....they made the cut in this department -- they were the real deal.
So true, they have the best chemistry!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yes they do it's hard to imagine they are different people outside of the character they play
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 10-30-2011, 05:29 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I dunno if I wanted to "be" Lorelai, but I sure did envy her like crazy for having a "Luke" in her life. Every woman deserves a "Luke" in her life at least once, and if real lucky, a lot more!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know either. We've only gotten the quirky, quick whited woman that owns her attitude in Stars Hollow. I can't imagine how hard it was having Rory at 16 and living in that small house near the Inn just to make ends meet and then dealing with the crap fest that she explains are her parents.
{EphramAmy}
patricia
Old 11-01-2011, 06:54 AM
SPA
Master Fan

I think you could be fun-loving without being childish. There were times where I thought she needed to be a "Mom" and not a "Mommy" -- but for the most part, isn't it an achievement when you are both a parent and best friend to your child? I think Luke saw that instantly and not only appreciated it but also helped to make sure that persona never waivered.
Old 11-04-2011, 07:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

For all of Lorelai's fun loving ways. She got the job done when it came to raising Rory. She was an important part of the community. She got her degree. Luke was the same way. He helped his dad, helped his sister, started a business. They are more similar then what first meets the eye.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:46 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I liked that when it comes to the important things, (Until Seasons 6 and 7), Luke and Lorelai were on the same page.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:54 PM
Loyal Fan

They both loved that crazy town, even though Luke would never admit it. I love when they are in bed and they get woken up for the town meeting and she says "well we better go" and he just wants to go back to bed. That was a funny scene.

I also loved when she drags him outside at night to see the snow. Only Lorelai could get him to do that.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:00 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I think everyone at least secretly wants to live in a town like Stars Hallow.

Luke and Lorelai knew just exactly how and when to push each other buttons -- to do all sorts of things. Soul mates for sure.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Stars Hollow. Where boring and quiet seems exciting and fun. Could use a little of that!!