Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Master Fan

You see exactly because of everything last year I can totally see it.
Lorelai kept shut and to herself in S6 because Luke didn't let her in.
If she gets green lighted I can 100% see her going overboard.
I can see Luke catering to that for a while but then let her know that some things are not her place.
They don't need to fight about it. They can talk about it and solve the problem maturely as adults...they need the practice after all.

See the thing is Luke is very respectfull to the Lorelai-Rory bond.
I don't think that Lorelai would be equally respectful to the Luke-April relationship once she gets to be a part of it. She's too selfinvolved and does have a tendancy to make things about herself.
So I can see her thinking in the begining that "Luke-April time=Luke-April-Lorelai time" until someone points out to her that that is not the case...

It's like back in S4 where she expected Luke to tell her everything about him and Nicole and was pissed about him not letting her know in advance they were moving in together, while she kept Jason a complete and total secret until after they broke up. She usually expects more from Luke than what she's willing to give.
Meaning in this case, I can see her considering that Luke not barging in her Rory time totally natural but might take it the wrong way if he asks her to give him some alone private time with April.

Speaking of April-Luke alone time, do you guys think we finaly found a girl that will volunterally go to a ball game with our Lukester?
Old 04-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am on the fence. I could see Lorelai butting in, but also couldn't. I could see it for the reasons Folie said, but also not happening for the reasons that Yvonne and Es said.
Old 04-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Lorelai kept shut and to herself in S6 because Luke didn't let her in.
True and that's what was missing in their relaionship obviously.
This time she won't let that happen, she would want to know how things are between Luke and April. But I think she will not impose, cause she knows The Lukester wants quality time with his daughter.

I want to know what she is going to do. Will she impose or won't she

Quote:
Speaking of April-Luke alone time, do you guys think we finaly found a girl that will volunterally go to a ball game with our Lukester?
I would love to see that, but I don't think she will do that Would have been fun though, Luke and April playing ball, Lorelai making "fun" of that

Last edited by Brilliant Disguise; 04-24-2007 at 11:28 PM
Old 04-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

Alex, great post and I totally see your point. I am just not that sure. I think she will stay in the background until Luke comes to her and ask her for advice. So she will know it is okay to voice her opinion. And it will gradually evolve and in a year, I think Lorelai could really be April's stepmom. I see it as a longer process in which it just grows without problems.

And yeah, I am really curious how it will play out.

How adorable would it be if April played ball with her dad?

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 04-25-2007, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I could see it being like this, that maybe when Luke and April spend time with each other, that Luke notices that Lorelai acts a little disappointed or something, so that he asks her if she wanna come next time. Or maybe even April wants her to come. We've seen that she likes Lorelai very much.

But we'll see how it goes.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I could see that Susi.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:16 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasadora (View Post)
I could see it being like this, that maybe when Luke and April spend time with each other, that Luke notices that Lorelai acts a little disappointed or something, so that he asks her if she wanna come next time. Or maybe even April wants her to come. We've seen that she likes Lorelai very much.

But we'll see how it goes.
I agree. I think that Lorelai will respect a certain amount of alone time for Luke and April, but if L/L are in a relationship again, then it isn't appropriate for Luke to keep it completely separate and ignore Lorelai, either. But I'm sure it will work out
Icon by Kiara99
Old 04-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

I would like to see this boat trip Luke is planning with April!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by llanoestacado (View Post)
I agree. I think that Lorelai will respect a certain amount of alone time for Luke and April, but if L/L are in a relationship again, then it isn't appropriate for Luke to keep it completely separate and ignore Lorelai, either. But I'm sure it will work out
I am sure he won't make that mistake again.

I would also love to see the boat trip! Somehow, I always feel a bit worried when Lorelai brings up April in a conversation. Like I still expect Luke to react all weird and distant. Is that just me?

Yvonne
Old 04-25-2007, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

Might happen you know, just a thing Luke got used to doing and then he would apologize and make it up to her
Old 04-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara99 (View Post)
Might happen you know, just a thing Luke got used to doing and then he would apologize and make it up to her
As long as he makes it up to her...

So April will be back in June, so does that mean we won't see her again this season?

Yvonne
Old 04-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I would love to see that, but I don't think she will do that Would have been fun though, Luke and April playing ball, Lorelai making "fun" of that
I didn't mean them palying ball...
I mean them going to a game together...

Though them playing ball might funny...
~~~
Quote:
I would like to see this boat trip Luke is planning with April!
Aw...me too...
Old 04-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
I didn't mean them palying ball...
I mean them going to a game together...

Though them playing ball might funny...
Ok I misunderstood...
That would be fun, them going to a game together
Old 04-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
So April will be back in June, so does that mean we won't see her again this season?
Good question.

The boat trip, yeah. I don't know, it's cool that Luke wants to do this with April, though the thought of L/L being separated again during summer makes me kinda sad. I know it's not for long but still..
Old 04-25-2007, 11:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasadora (View Post)
Good question.

The boat trip, yeah. I don't know, it's cool that Luke wants to do this with April, though the thought of L/L being separated again during summer makes me kinda sad. I know it's not for long but still..
She could come with...