Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara99 (View Post)
He'll let her go on an date, but will run to Lorelai in panic and she will have to tell him that she's a smart girl and so on
I can see them now. Almost getting into a fight, because Luke is so overprotective. Good thing Lorelai had a girl too.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 04-22-2007, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
He'll let her go on an date, but will run to Lorelai in panic and she will have to tell him that she's a smart girl and so on

Yep...totally can see that...and them arguing over it, Yvonne
Old 04-22-2007, 09:30 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, she'll mock him a little, he'll get annoyed and they will agrue. I can also see that happen
Old 04-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah, she'll mock him a little, he'll get annoyed and they will agrue. I can also see that happen
This way we really will see Luke and Lorelai in the parent mode. Sure, Luke has always been a fatherfigure to Rory, but she was never his. And now with April, he will really get all those emotions he saw Lorelai go through. Remember that scene in s1 when Lorelai is spying on Dean in the market? And Luke drags her outside, telling her Rory's growing up. I'll bet this time it will be Lorelai dragging Luke outside.

Yvonne
Old 04-23-2007, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
This way we really will see Luke and Lorelai in the parent mode. Sure, Luke has always been a fatherfigure to Rory, but she was never his. And now with April, he will really get all those emotions he saw Lorelai go through. Remember that scene in s1 when Lorelai is spying on Dean in the market? And Luke drags her outside, telling her Rory's growing up. I'll bet this time it will be Lorelai dragging Luke outside.
Probably. Man, I could totally see that happen next season.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:33 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah and she might remind him of that
Old 04-23-2007, 04:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Yeah and she might remind him of that
Exactly. Maybe even before L/L are dating again.

Yvonne
Old 04-23-2007, 05:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Exactly. Maybe even before L/L are dating again.
Sure, even before they start dating again
Old 04-23-2007, 04:27 PM
Master Fan

I just hope that Lorelai doesn't hog all the Daddy!Luke-April quality time....
As much as I want her to be part of that dynamic I do think that she doesn't need to be an active participant in every aspect of it...

Like say with this dating thing...I'd like to see her more in a "calm Luke down about it" role rather than a "what's your input in Arpil dating"....
Old 04-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folie (View Post)
I just hope that Lorelai doesn't hog all the Daddy!Luke-April quality time....
As much as I want her to be part of that dynamic I do think that she doesn't need to be an active participant in every aspect of it...

Like say with this dating thing...I'd like to see her more in a "calm Luke down about it" role rather than a "what's your input in Arpil dating"....
I think she won't...
She knows Luke wants to catch up lost time with her and he told her that. They will discuss April and Lorelai will tell Luke stuff if he has trouble dealing with things. Just to let him know he'll do alright. She won't be hogging up the quality time between them

All Lorelai wanted was for Luke to talk about April, to share things with her. Not to take over.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think she won't...
She knows Luke wants to catch up lost time with her and he told her that. They will discuss April and Lorelai will tell Luke stuff if he has trouble dealing with things. Just to let him know he'll do alright. She won't be hogging up the quality time between them

All Lorelai wanted was for Luke to talk about April, to share things with her. Not to take over.
Yeah. Lorelai would never impose. If Luke wanted her help, she would give it, but that's it.

Yvonne
Old 04-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

I'm not that sure.
Lorelai does have a tendency to take over. She might not mean to, but she does. So I guess I could see her doing it...
Actually that would be for a good storyline. Her trying to impose in the Luke-April time, and Luke taking it a for a while but getting frustrated eventually and them setting boundaries.
Old 04-24-2007, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think Lorelai would dare to impose, not after what happened last season. No matter how their relationship develops, I think April will always be a sensitive issue. At least the first few months.

Yvonne
Old 04-24-2007, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm not that sure.
Lorelai does have a tendency to take over. She might not mean to, but she does. So I guess I could see her doing it...
Actually that would be for a good storyline. Her trying to impose in the Luke-April time, and Luke taking it a for a while but getting frustrated eventually and them setting boundaries.
Gosh, that would lead to new fights and I don't want that...
I doubt Lorelai would risk something like that.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm not that sure.
I am going with Yvon on this one. Lorelai will be very carefull about April and Luke's relationship with her. She wpuld like for Luke to tell her things about April, but she will not impose...