Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Gilmore Girls Continued? GG movie discussion thread #2

New thread for discussing a new Gilmore Girls Movie. We could use some art work!

Previous Thread

Icon by tv_lindy

Last edited by damselfly; 03-26-2008 at 06:46 PM
Old 03-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Obsessed Fan

How about if Rory is writing a human interest story on small towns and she uses the towns quirkiness as the backdrop. Maybe flashbacks, well naturally Lorelai and Luke's wild ride has to be included. She can bring it full circle to the present/future (however you want to look at it) with Lorelai and Luke and their middle. And how the rest of the town has gone on also. Lane and Zack and the twins. Sookie and her THREE kids. Kirk and lulu (not me) engaged or maybe married.

Thanks for the new thread Damsel.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Ha, that's funny, lulu. Not long ago I was hashing this over with a couple of friends, and I suggested a retrospective by Rory, maybe after the death of either Richard or Emily, some years into the future. She could document what happened in the years following the end of season 7.

Icon by tv_lindy
Old 03-26-2008, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was just thinking "what about a flashback" type movie. Not the know this by maybe it Rory who is getting married (Jess, Logan, Kirk I really don't care) and Lorelai is looking back, maybe the first time she met Luke, or the First time at the Inn. Only problem is they can't go back too far 'cause no matter how good they look they are not 20 any more.

And thanks for the new thread Damsel.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
I was just thinking "what about a flashback" type movie. Not the know this by maybe it Rory who is getting married (Jess, Logan, Kirk I really don't care) and Lorelai is looking back, maybe the first time she met Luke, or the First time at the Inn. Only problem is they can't go back too far 'cause no matter how good they look they are not 20 any more.

And thanks for the new thread Damsel.

Well they could go back as far as season one and use clips.
Old 03-26-2008, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Problem with S1 is there is debate as to whether it was shot in HD or not and any new project would be in HDTV.

I was thinking since it was only about 3 years before the pilot when they met so no problem with the age thing. I know they used a stand in for Lorelai twice and neither looked like her so I'd say avoid an young flashbacks but their first meeting and other evens with Rory might be okay, but then they need someone to play a young Rory?
Old 03-26-2008, 09:24 PM
Total Fan

I like the idea of flashbacks....the story being told by Rory to maybe one of her own children??? Or the story being told by Luke & Lorelai to one of their children right before that child gets married??

I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.

Michelle
Old 03-26-2008, 09:29 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't think flashbacks need to go back to earlier seasons - it could be a story about what happened after the end of Season 7. If it's only 2 hours long, I wouldn't want it to be full of clips we've already seen.

Icon by tv_lindy
Old 03-26-2008, 09:38 PM
Total Fan

Totally agree damselfly....I want to see what happened after the disaster that was season 7.

Michelle
Old 03-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They could have a movie where Luke tells his 2 kids about how he met Lorelai, oh wait isn't there a TV show like that
Old 03-26-2008, 09:53 PM
Addicted Fan

I just want to see the rest of the kiss (as in the camera not going away as soon as their lips touched.), how Lorelai deals with Rory being gone for real this time, not that crap they pulled with Yale, and of course the middle but realistically, I want to see the first two.
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
Old 03-26-2008, 09:55 PM
Total Fan

I really want to see the wedding, I can just see the look of pride on Luke's face as he marries the woman he has loved for so long...me...I mean Lorelai

Michelle
Old 03-26-2008, 10:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I agree with you, Michelle, Luke and Lorelai's wedding needs to happen and we need to see it! It is fine if it happens in a flashback as long as we get a good amount of it shown!

And, Razzle, I'm with you too, I want to see the rest of the kiss. I also want to see what was said after that kiss!

I do agree with you, Damsel, that we don't have to rehash earlier seasons. They can just start from where things were left after Season 7!

And I definitely agree with you, Lancer, the actors they picked to play the younger characters looked nothing like the current actor, therefore ruining the episode and the story for me!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elissa5 (View Post)
I agree with you, Michelle, Luke and Lorelai's wedding needs to happen and we need to see it! It is fine if it happens in a flashback as long as we get a good amount of it shown!

And, Razzle, I'm with you too, I want to see the rest of the kiss. I also want to see what was said after that kiss!

I do agree with you, Damsel, that we don't have to rehash earlier seasons. They can just start from where things were left after Season 7!

And I definitely agree with you, Lancer, the actors they picked to play the younger characters looked nothing like the current actor, therefore ruining the episode and the story for me!
The girl that played Lorelai looked like the girl from Providence, I think. Was it her??
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
Old 03-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Loyal Fan

It definitely wasn't one of the main characters from "Providence." Nor was it the girl who played the younger version of Sydney. On "Providence," I think they did a good job choosing an actress to play the young Sydney. The girl had the same coloring and similar characteristics of Melina Kanakaredes.

On GG, they were never good with matching up younger characters. I thought they did a great job pairing LG and AB as mother and daughter. That was very believable, especially when you add Christopher to the mix. AB has very similar coloring to Christopher, and I thought they could easily be father and daughter!