Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-04-2007, 02:18 AM
Elite Fan

Gilmore Girls Continued? GG movie discussion thread #1

I opened this thread so we can all discuss the possibility of a movie or miniseries. So discuss!

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 11-04-2007, 02:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well thanks for the new GG Movie thread.

I guess the first this is we know Scott likes the idea and didn't like how the show ended.

Quote:
I don't want a 5 or 10 year later story, that just speaks of desperation. In reality (Like I have a firm grasp of that) L&L would be married and have at least one kid within 5 years IMO.

Given that any TV movie would not likely be shot until next summer, given two of the main stars have full time shows they are working on, Scott also has SAW5. Lauren has her NBC deal and Alexis has Sin City2. I'd say it would be at least 1-2 year later in Stars Hollow at the earliest, maybe just in time for Lorelai to pop out their first kid!
Old 11-04-2007, 09:31 AM
Loyal Fan

This was my opinion about a movie:

I really really want a movie/miniseries to end things right with Luke and Lorelai. IMO, Alexis' acting ability was really slipping especially in Seasons 6 & 7, and it was somewhat obvious that she didn't want to be there anymore. She wasn't the same in Season 5 either, I don't think. Anyway, I really wouldn't care if she were not in the movie much. However, I cannot see the movie being made without her. There has to be some Lorelai and Rory interaction. Plus, as everyone has said I don't think Amy or Lauren would do the movie without her.

I do agree with Yvonne where I don't want to outright blame Alexis or anybody. However, that has been very difficult since it seems it all boils down to one person who is the obstacle. Of course, everyone's schedule might be another obstacle, who knows.

Either way, I have to believe we will one day get our L&L ending.
Luke: Just looking for something to shut you up.
Old 11-04-2007, 11:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

I would like to see a final movie sooner rather then later. The ending was bad and Rory can phone in her part from the road as far as I care. The show is still about Gilmore Girls even if L&L get married. We have Emily, Lorelai, and Rory. They are all Gilmore Girls in the end.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just think about and I have one question:

Do you think the chemestriy between Scott and Lauren will still be the same in
this movie?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
So discuss!
Let's have one

Thanks for the thread!!
Old 11-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTRIA (View Post)

this movie?
I think so. That kind of chemistry doesn't go away after a year or two apart.

If a movie happens, I want it to pick up right after Rory left. And tells the story about L/L.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 11-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSTRIA (View Post)

this movie?
I doubt that will change but a good way to hide it would be if it was a few years later and they had a family together, things change in a good way.
Old 11-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I think so. That kind of chemistry doesn't go away after a year or two apart.

If a movie happens, I want it to pick up right after Rory left. And tells the story about L/L.
I hope so. You'll never know what happens when they haven't seen each other for a few years. Well, I hope we won't have to wait that long for a movie..

Yeah, I'd like to see that too. First I thought it would be nice if the movie plays like 2 years later.. but I really wanna see how they relationship grows again..
Old 11-04-2007, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe the time apart will be good, with all the reports (rumours) we got of them not getting along.

As for the story if it picked up with the last scene and showed Luke kissing Lorelai goodbye as she took Rory to the airport it would be good, then cutting to a year later. At this point if we get a movie, and I hope we do, I don't think we'll see the wedding or maybe even the first baby. These done right can be covered via flashbacks using 'video' of the events. But it should be about a specific time and not run over a long time period.

The movie it's self should take place only over a few weeks time frame, maybe Rory comes home for a visit or moves back for a local job after years away and at the same time Lorelai finds out she is pregnant with baby number two (3 including Rory) and there is drama about how they will cope, do they move to a new house? Luke could have a visit from his now 16yo daughter and be balancing her with his married life.

Lots of stuff to fill two hours, maybe they'll need a 2x2 miniseries?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Loyal Fan

I definitely think they need to think in terms of a miniseries. There is no way everything can be wrapped up in 2 hours. I think 6-8 hours would be good if they can find the time. But of course, time is the factor.

I would actually be happy if Alexis was only in the movie/miniseries as a minor role. That way they can concentrate on the Luke and Lorelai storyline which needs a lot of attention! And that is really what I want to see.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree on the Rory limitations. As far as chemistry goes, they really would not be very good actors if they could not pull that off and I think they are both very good actors.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Total Fan

I want the movie to be about L&L more than Rory too. I would be great if they were married and we could see how Emily & Richard feel about Luke now that he is their son in law. They are so many options. Rory's contact could be limited to phone calls and that would be fine with me!

I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.

Michelle
Old 11-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyboutscott (View Post)
I want the movie to be about L&L more than Rory too. I would be great if they were married and we could see how Emily & Richard feel about Luke now that he is their son in law. They are so many options. Rory's contact could be limited to phone calls and that would be fine with me!
That sounds perfect, Michelle!
Old 11-04-2007, 09:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
and Rory can phone in her part from the road as far as I care.
That would be my preference, but I doubt they'd relegate her to that. IF there's a movie, you can bet that Rory will have equal amounts screen time as Lorelai. My interest in this show may rest solely on Luke, Luke & Lorelai, and the townies, but I understand that the Gilmore girls will always be the main focus. And maybe, just maybe, this movie will redeem them for me. 'Cause I had problems with these two throughout the last couple of seasons. By the last year I was only watching for Luke.

Quote:
The show is still about Gilmore Girls even if L&L get married.
They had no reservations marrying Lorelai and Dopey, so I don't see what the problem is marrying the "it" couple; if these writers and producers [and, yes, I'm including LG here] would just stop being arrogant jerks and actually listen to what the fans want.