Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-21-2011, 10:37 AM
SPA
Master Fan

The Event -- 1.14-1.18 ~ General Discussion

EPISODE 1.14: "A MESSAGE BACK"

Wow, Michael Buchanan as the new Dirty Harry. Guess the guys are loving it with all the guns and fighting and physical taunts. I hope the loving father comes back. Michael looks really determined to be a one man personal wrecking crew of Thomas' life.

Thanx Miss Susi for all the great screencaps!!!!!

Let's start the dialogue
I'm always in Scott's corner.

Last edited by lulu1960; 05-06-2011 at 07:00 PM
Old 03-22-2011, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Damn I hate endings like that!

The ep was okay but a little boring in parts. Now I'm not spoiled so I can only assume they have an exit strategy?

Also love the underlying theme of a displaced peoples just wanting a new home.

Wish we got more of Michael, who BTW needs a trim
Old 03-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

I think last night's episode was basically a filler episode to get us to next week. I'm think that's when the confrontations happen.
I agree, LOL, that Scott is exceptionally scruffy. Not much happened with his character last night other then as one of the people there to listen to Thomas. His face was sad though when Thomas said their planet was dying.
Dempsey sure is creepy. All scoping out the playground. I'm guessing Sean is heading to France? Isn't that where VP Jarvis say Dempsey was?
Old 03-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
sadly, the whole time I was only thinking "I wonder how the government will screw it up this time".

Old 03-23-2011, 09:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Wow!!LOVING Scott's bad*ass more intense/dominant side, there's nothing more sexy than a man that will do just about ANYTHING to protect his family, I'm definitely loving his new kick some ass & take names appeal, he really makes it work, and he looks SOO good while doing itI was a bit surprised to see Michael go hardcore on that dude with the 'alien mask' look, that was pretty intense...while I still love Michael's softer, family man gentle side, I will admit I enjoy seeing a different side of him, makes the show even MORE interesting & he's looking SEXXYY as ever<3
Old 03-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Looks like new week is going to be intense. I'm sure they have a way out and the government will mess it up.

YouTube - The Event #1.15 Promo
Old 03-26-2011, 07:30 AM
Obsessed Fan

They are definitely building to something.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:16 PM
SPA
Master Fan

The Event -- 1.15: "Face Off" ~ General Discussion

EPISODE 1.15: "FACE OFF"

A Reckoning.

Thanx Miss Susi for all the great screencaps!!!!!

Let's start the dialogue
Old 03-28-2011, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It felt slow this week until the end, which I didn't like, so they are down to some 60 people?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

Craig, I think there are more then 60. Basically the 'invite' to the church was from Thomas, so in theory, those Sleepers who are still loyal to Sophia may have chosen not to go.

Michael sure isn't telling Leila anything. Just the whole now they have to save his people.

Well, Thomas took one for the team. I guess he wanted to show his mom he wasn't so bad.

I'm thinking Sophia is gonna be a tad pissed.

Sean and Vicky sure made it seem easy to get to France.

Not sure what Dempsey's deal is. He has the same tattoo on his arm as the drawing. Was the big 'person' in the drawing the gaurdian angel and the little people the ones he is protecting? The drawing confused me.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Me too!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:07 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I just don't know what to say. I'm sad for what Scott's character has turned into. And I'm rapidly losing interest in this show. The vision was definitely hijacked and turned into something unrecognizable. It's just a real shame.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Total Fan

I didn't see that ending coming. So glad Michael was on the second bus.

Quote:
Not sure what Dempsey's deal is.
It is confusing to me too.

Does anyone else find the filler scenes, such as Sean and Vicky sharing wine with Vicky's friend, a bit irritating? I mean, The Event has so many major plotlines going at the same time with precious few minutes to tell each story that it just feels annoying when they spend so much time detouring off with scenes like that while leaving important questions unanswered or glossed over. Michael's reaction to seeing Leila in the church was tepid at best. I was expecting more.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:47 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarty History (View Post)
I didn't see that ending coming. So glad Michael was on the second bus.

It is confusing to me too.

Does anyone else find the filler scenes, such as Sean and Vicky sharing wine with Vicky's friend, a bit irritating? I mean, The Event has so many major plotlines going at the same time with precious few minutes to tell each story that it just feels annoying when they spend so much time detouring off with scenes like that while leaving important questions unanswered or glossed over. Michael's reaction to seeing Leila in the church was tepid at best. I was expecting more.
I've done some research and reviewed online articles from the past -- over a year ago and this show was hijacked by Evan Katz and turned into NBC's version of "24." I don't if it was done with the blessings of the network, but The Event as "24" written all over it -- I lost interest in 24 after the first season and never watched it again -- And each week I'm shaking my head at The Event because it is literally a mirror-image of 24. And Scott's character has been reduced to a non-speaking part while holding weaponry -- definitely not what he signed up for, do you think? Do you think that Scott would be "high" on a show where he's limited? This show was destroyed.
Old 03-30-2011, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Craig, I think there are more then 60. Basically the 'invite' to the church was from Thomas, so in theory, those Sleepers who are still loyal to Sophia may have chosen not to go.
Good point.

Thanks good Michael was on the same bus as Sophia.