Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-21-2007, 11:58 AM
Elite Fan

Aliens in America Thread #3 ~ Slowly but surely we're getting some promo pics!!

Since it seems to be official now, I thought I'd start a thread for the new show! I can't wait to get some more news about it!

Fall 2007 Sneak Peek - Aliens in America

Series Premiere: Monday, October 1st 8.30 PM (7.30c)

ALIENS IN AMERICA

Address: 26 S.W. Marine Drive
Vancouver BC
V5X 2R1
Phone: 604-322-6065
Fax: 604-322-6012
Studio Distributor:
Type: 1/2TVS
Shooting: 7/25/2007 - 10/24/2007

Previous threads:
http://www.fanforum.com/f203/aliens-...show-62805241/
http://www.fanforum.com/f203/aliens-...gins-62809121/

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 09-21-2007, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks babe, you're the best
Old 09-21-2007, 12:00 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Yvonne: You are a wonder!!! Thanx for doing up Aliens right!! Who wouldn't want to post on this thread???? (no one)
I'm always in Scott's corner.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:06 PM
New Fan

Nice and shiny new thread. Thx!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, new thread. Thanks, Yvonne!
Old 09-21-2007, 12:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
The U.S is the melting pot of the World. People wear what they want, when they want, where they want. And there isn't a specific this way or that way with any nationality or culture when it comes to dress. Some dress western; some dress more culturally -- and, they are comfortable in their choice. I'm a college graduate from 1979 and there were people dressed comfortably to their culture as well as those wearing Jordache or Calvin Klein jeans.

I hate stigmas.
If this is your view of the world how is AiA even relevant then?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:20 PM
New Fan

This was at the bottom of the last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA
I hate stigmas.
Isn't that what this show is though? It's about social stigma isn't it? I don't like stigmas either which might be why I didn't like the pilot. It seemed like the message got/gets lost inside all the ethnic stereotyping. I know there's supposed to be some moral in every episode, but they're overexaggerating the whole stereotype thing to make the point. Raja's clothes are one example I think. I can see that both ways though. His culture is important so he holds on to it, but then I see the point about packing his blue jeans too. Maybe his mother packed them for him.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:22 PM
SPA
Master Fan

There are many more reasons to watch Aliens than the stigma of one person's view of how people dress and where.

I just happen not to subscribe to your interpretation of how different people dress in the U.S.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yvonne thanks for the little shout out under the picture from the TV guide. Only for you guys would I tear a page out of a magazine and scan it for all of us.

So how many more days folks?
10 days and eight hours for me.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:29 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA (View Post)
There are many more reasons to watch Aliens than the stigma of one person's view of how people dress and where.

I just happen not to subscribe to your interpretation of how different people dress in the U.S.
Mine?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA (View Post)

Huh??? You didn't answer the question. If your view is such that the US is the proverbial melting pot and people can comfortably express themselves, how is this show's claim about being a topical satire relevant? I didn't ask why you plan to watch. I already know.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:04 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looney6 (View Post)
If this is your view of the world how is AiA even relevant then?

To watch a wrong be "righted" with some class and humor; as well as thought provoking. It's relevant. If you don't agree, that's your prerogative.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
To watch a wrong be "righted" with some class and humor; as well as thought provoking. It's relevant. If you don't agree, that's your prerogative.
Your statement about your view says the wrong doesn't exist. So how does that make AiA's goal relevant? You still haven't responded to that. There is nothing thought provoking when the subject of the show doesn't actually reflect the issues. My sentiment is the issue may be legitimate. The execution...not so much. But again, all you said here is why you plan to watch. And I already know the answer to that. Let's face it, SP could be selling sand to Egypt and most folks here would think he had the cure for cancer. I like SP but let's not be elevating this show to something it isn't. Sheesh!
Old 09-21-2007, 03:28 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Aliens, to me, will be showing one family's way of dealing with the differences in cultures and how the people, whether it be students or adults, handle the differences. With it being a 30 minute "sit com" I expect to be entertained with humoristic scenes and situations. This isn't s serious drama and am not expecting to see cures for cancer. I might see something in my own character that may need to rethink how I feel about people with a different ethnic background.

Seriously, why all the deep, dark issues about the show here? It's a comedy. And nobody has even seen the first episode. Speculation running rampid. I'm just hoping that the show does well and everyone enjoys all the characters.

Go Aliens.

Last edited by SPA; 09-21-2007 at 03:46 PM
Old 09-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Elite Fan

Looney6, I believe this is the second time we ask you to be nice and to respect other peoples posts. I have not ones seen a posts where you agree or respect other peoples opinions.
If you can't do that then we like you to stay away from the SP board.