Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2008, 03:36 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Aliens in America 1.17 – Wake at the Lake ~ Episode Discussion

Aliens in America 1.17 – Wake at the Lake ~ Episode Discusion

Quote:
"Wake at the Lake"

DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE As an extracurricular activity, Raja (Adhir Kalyan) joins Students Against Drunk Driving and is given the job of organizing the annual event - a fake funeral for a student who was killed in a drunk-driving accident. Because the chosen victim has traditionally been the school's most popular student, everyone expects Raja to select Dan Archer (guest star Jacob Blair), but Raja rebels and gives the dubious honor to Justin (Dan Byrd). When Dan Archer decides to hold his own funeral - the Wake at the Lake - Justin turns decides to go all out to attract mourners, and the competition escalates until Justin receives a sobering reminder of what the event is really about. Amy Pietz, Lindsey Shaw and Scott Patterson also star. Sarah Pia Anderson directed the episode written by Michael Glouberman
Just 2 hours away. Looks like a lot of Raja and Justin this time -- almost a complete circle for the Series -- Next week being the last episode.
I'm always in Scott's corner.
Old 05-11-2008, 04:43 PM
Total Fan

My husband is watching the Flyers game so I am going to DVR it. It sounds like a good episode.

I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.

Michelle
Old 05-11-2008, 06:48 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I like the story of students being active in SADD – I’m curious if my own HS does similar projects. Too many have been lost to bad decisions. I thought it sent a message – just hope it wasn’t considered a “joke” as things often do at that age.

Didn’t you just love the H.S. pic of Gary – that hair. Liked the sheep fur collar. Amazing what digital technology can do to make a person look younger. It was his face – ears, notice lips, chin, eyebrows, jaw line, nose – very youthful – the eyes were different though – seemed different to me anyways.

Not a lot of Gary this episode, but what there was, was absolutely melting. Favorite line tonite – “Hmmmmmmm, Fluffy!”

For me the best part of the episode was the storyline between Franny and Claire and the so-called “potato masher.”

All-in-all, a cute episode.

I’m sad that next week is the last week for the Series – It was a nice show while it lasted.

Another Gary Quote: "Hey, hitting the ole book-er-inos there Raj-meister – Sweeeeet."

Last edited by SPA; 05-11-2008 at 06:55 PM
Old 05-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPA (View Post)
Another Gary Quote: "Hey, hitting the ole book-er-inos there Raj-meister – Sweeeeet."

I wish I hadn't fallen asleep before it started! I can't wait to see this now.

And HS Pics? Were they really him?
We are going to be rocking through the night here Smokey!"
So join us at the NCIS board!
Old 05-11-2008, 09:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Gotta be honest, that episode did nothing for me. The Franny/Claire plotline was a waste of time. Gary was basically non-existent this episode. A couple of lines that's about it. Saddly I was bored.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:13 PM
SPA
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu1960 (View Post)
Gotta be honest, that episode did nothing for me. The Franny/Claire plotline was a waste of time. Gary was basically non-existent this episode. A couple of lines that's about it. Saddly I was bored.
Do you get the feeling that they new the show was over even back then? From the final two episodes that they were filming -- back in the end of October/beginning of November??
Old 05-11-2008, 11:03 PM
Extreme Fan

This time, I did think they jumbled the order ... unless we're supposed to think winter's over and it's spring - getting toward the end of the school year. Not much winter weather for Wisconsin...!

"Mmmm! Fluffy!!" is a classic - I'm adding that to my SP lexicon and encyclopedia! I also liked the kind of inebriated Gary sounding like Homer Simpson's neighbor(ino) - Ned Flanders - that was funny ... and clever writing/plot - i.e., in a scene with Raja who's looking in through the yearbook for a pseudo drunk driving victim.... One other thought about the ep. I'll have to save for a different thread. Agreed not enough Scotty - but I mind that more because there's only 1 more left.

Again this week - it wasn't my fave ep. - "100,000 miles" so far is the best among the last 8 eps. ... but I enjoyed it. New SP on TV - more precious by the day. A general observation - I noticed that SP was wearing a short-sleeved Packers t-shirt tonight that he hadn't worn in prior eps. It reminded me: I'm gonna be very disappointed if we don't get at least 1 shot of him decked out as a cheesehead! Translation: Wearing a yellow foam hat that looks like a giant wedge of Swiss / Emmenthaler cheese - as worn by "extreme Green Bay Packers fans" (= ~by definition)!
Avi by a former Albanian c. 1980s. I wrote the pain down, got off and looked up. Looked into your eyes. The lost open windows all around; my dark heart lit up the skies. {..} Give up the ground under your feet. Hold on to nothing for good. Turn and run at the mean times chasing you. Stand alone and misunderstood. Now that I've worn ... I've worn out the world, I'm on my knees in fascination - looking through the night. And the moon's never seen me before, but I'm reflecting light!

Last edited by KbatMO; 05-11-2008 at 11:10 PM
Old 05-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the ep and just enjoyed it 'cause I know we have only one more to go now.

The "Potato Masher" was fun, I really wanted to see Gary's face when he found out what it was.

But the main SL was great and had a message, just a pity it will be gone before it's time
Old 05-13-2008, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh, I think there was like 2 minutes of Scott in that episode. And I think it was kinda boring too.

Hope the finale will be better.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:16 PM
SPA
Master Fan

I've got a feeling that the last episode is going to be nothing but Raja and love; Justin and kissing; and Claire and kissing -- and maybe mom and dad watching all this "kissing going on. That's what the CW website was showing me anyways.

And since the consensus is that at the time of the filming of eppy 18, nobody thought yet -- that the show would be ending there -- that the show is going to end "weirdly" -- which, if you think about it, is right up there with this whole show to begin with.

I guess we just have to chuckle and take Aliens in American for what it was worth -- nothing more -- nothing less. It just didn't have a chance.