Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-28-2007, 02:12 PM
Elite Fan

716 ~ Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore? - Episode discussion

Quote:
While she is in the midst of planning Lane's (Keiko Agena) baby shower, Rory (Alexis Bledel) gets a long-awaited call from The New York Times offering her an informational interview. Lorelai (Lauren Graham) takes over the shower-planning duties, and finds herself brokering peace between Lane and Mrs. Kim (Emily Kuroda) over how Lane plans to raise her twins.

Logan (Matt Czuchry) finally admits his business disaster to Rory, who offers him her full support, but when Logan announces that he is flying to Las Vegas to blow off steam with his old college pals Colin and Finn, Rory is disappointed and worried. When Luke (Scott Patterson) discovers that Liz (Kathleen Wilhoite) and T.J. (Michael DeLuise) are trying to sell his boat, he decides to make some changes in his life and take April (Vanessa Marano) on a long boat trip over the summer.

Finally, Lane is put on bed-rest and must be wheeled through Stars Hollow in her bed to attend the shower at Miss Patty's (Liz Torres).
I loved this episode!! I mean, the look Luke gave Lorelai at the end was to die for!!!

Great episode!

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 03-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Total Fan

It was fantastic -- my favorite one in quite a while. I love that we got to see Lorelai being Lorelai again -- all by herself.

I think it is good that L/L each have the opportunity to put their heads on straight while they are apart. Once that's done, they can get back together and get down to the real business!
Icon by Kiara99
Old 03-02-2007, 09:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by llanoestacado (View Post)
It was fantastic -- my favorite one in quite a while. I love that we got to see Lorelai being Lorelai again -- all by herself.

I think it is good that L/L each have the opportunity to put their heads on straight while they are apart. Once that's done, they can get back together and get down to the real business!
Hear, hear!!

Yvonne
Old 03-02-2007, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really liked the episode. A couple of notes: Lane referred to Pretty Girls Makes Graves (right?), and the next morning I found a couple of their songs on my computer (which have been there since early January)

Also, The Monkees discussion: I just got their greatest hits that day. What? I loved them when I was young

But yeah, I loved Lorelai going between Lane and Mrs. Kim. And the bit at the end with Luke and Lorelai
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 03-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

I enjoyed this episode, i loved all the townie interaction. Although i'm a bit sad that Luke sold his boat.

Luke and Liz disussing their father, loved it, it's always great to hear more about Luke's family.

Not too sure what to make of the Luke/Lorelai scene at the end of the episode yet. It was nice and they seemed comfortable, i'm glad Lorelai didn't hesitate to ask about Luke selling his boat, she knew how much it meant to him.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenb (View Post)
I enjoyed this episode, i loved all the townie interaction. Although i'm a bit sad that Luke sold his boat.

Luke and Liz disussing their father, loved it, it's always great to hear more about Luke's family.

Not too sure what to make of the Luke/Lorelai scene at the end of the episode yet. It was nice and they seemed comfortable, i'm glad Lorelai didn't hesitate to ask about Luke selling his boat, she knew how much it meant to him.
I thought she still owned the boat, but I guess she sold it back to him... The boat, to me anyway, represented a big part of their relationship. I mean, first she bought it, then he moved it out of her garage (still dirty ), moved it back (even dirtier ) and he worked on it for a long time, throughout their relationship. He never even looked at it, until he was with Lorelai. And now, he will never look at it again. Got rid of it, so to speak. Not really sure where I was going with that.

Yvonne
Old 03-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I enjoyed this episode, i loved all the townie interaction. Although i'm a bit sad that Luke sold his boat
I agree, it is a little sad that he did this, but on the other hand...It is time for change!

Quote:
I mean, first she bought it, then he moved it out of her garage (still dirty ), moved it back (even dirtier ) and he worked on it for a long time, throughout their relationship.

They way Luke looked at Lorelai at the end, that was...WOW! The way he said things change and in combo with that look, I think (hope) things will get better
Old 03-05-2007, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara99 (View Post)
I agree, it is a little sad that he did this, but on the other hand...It is time for change!

They way Luke looked at Lorelai at the end, that was...WOW! The way he said things change and in combo with that look, I think (hope) things will get better
I am sure they will! They have to!

Yvonne