Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-06-2006, 06:19 AM
Elite Fan

710 Merry Fisticuffs ~ Episode Discussion

Quote:
Luke (Scott Patterson) and Lorelai (Lauren Graham) share a sweet moment when Luke introduces her to Liz's new baby. Christopher (David Sutcliffe) witnesses the scene and it adds to his concern that Lorelai isn't fully committed to their marriage. The next day, Lorelai and Christopher get into a fight over whether they should exchange vows at the elaborate wedding party Emily (Kelly Bishop) is throwing for them.

Luke contacts a lawyer over his custody troubles with Ana, then runs into Christopher and the two have an ugly confrontation in the streets of Stars Hollow.

Meanwhile, when Logan (Matt Czuchry) discovers that Rory and Marty (Wayne Wilcox) have been pretending that they just met, rather than admitting their previous friendship to Lucy (Krysten Ritter), he reveals the truth to Lucy.

Finally, Emily gives Lorelai a warning about her marriage.
I liked this ep! Luke totally rocked when he was kicking Chris' ass. And he was totally adorable with the baby.

Like the philosopher Jagger once said: You can't always get what you want.
Yvonne
Old 12-06-2006, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

That fight was very funny

And Luke & Lorelai with a baby...a very nice kodak moment
Old 12-06-2006, 08:10 AM
Total Fan

I found the fight very unsatisfying. They were both idiots. I mean, it wasn't even hot, as I'd hoped

Overall, I am very sad for Luke -- he's losing everything, and I think he's learning that he has to fight for things -- but this late in the game, he's not going to get the whole thing, just because it's too late. I really hope that Anna will cave when Luke starts fighting her legally, or that she'll realize that April should be old enough to make some of her own decisions (clearly not all, but some).

Luke's gonna have to fight his way back up -- but how far down does he have to go first?
Icon by Kiara99
Old 12-06-2006, 08:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

The fight wasn't stupid IMO. To me it makes sense to some point, I mean Chris' has this anger inside of him the whole day, he notices that things aren't heading where he wants them to head and then seeing Luke, pretty much the cause of it all if you think about, I think that tipped him off. I for one didn't expect that Chris walked up to Luke first, and that Luke followed suit.
And from Luke's side, it kind of makes sense too.. He lost Lorelai, he may loose his daughter because he hasn't spend enough time with his daughter, none of his fault of course, but still, he might loose everything he had a few months ago and then he sees Chris. Two mad guys, it's night, nobody's in the streets anymore.. There's nothing like Christmas bringing two people together...

The Lorelai/Luke/Doula scene was too cute for words.. I bet there will be tons of icons out of that scene

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 12-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Total Fan

To say it was stupid doesn't mean that it didn't make sense. Just that two grown men should be able to control themselves better than that. Even though grown men are frequently unable to control themselves like that
Icon by Kiara99
Old 12-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah they should have been able to control themselves a bit better, but anger just got the best of them..
it was funny to watch..

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 12-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by llanoestacado (View Post)
To say it was stupid doesn't mean that it didn't make sense. Just that two grown men should be able to control themselves better than that. Even though grown men are frequently unable to control themselves like that
I agree and I also think that Chris should have been the 'better guy' in this case. I can imagine why Luke would want to punch something, 'cause like Colleen said, he is losing all he has. But for Chris, it just seems a bit childish. My girl is still in love with you so I wanna kick your butt. How pathetic is that? And I agree, I had hoped it would have been sexy as well, but unfortunately, it wasn't... The fact that SP doesn't seem to have much hair left didn't really help either.

Yvonne
Old 12-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkpaisley (View Post)
I agree and I also think that Chris should have been the 'better guy' in this case. I can imagine why Luke would want to punch something, 'cause like Colleen said, he is losing all he has. But for Chris, it just seems a bit childish. My girl is still in love with you so I wanna kick your butt. How pathetic is that? And I agree, I had hoped it would have been sexy as well, but unfortunately, it wasn't... The fact that SP doesn't seem to have much hair left didn't really help either.
Oh, my. HA! I can't argue with anything you've written. That's hysterical
Icon by Kiara99
Old 12-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh, my. HA! I can't argue with anything you've written. That's hysterical

So do we enter hiatus-mode now or do we have a few weeks left?

Yvonne
Old 12-06-2006, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It seems like Luke is getting bonked on the head multiple times with the whole "fighting for what he wants" stuff, it's not so fun to watch now. As for the fight I felt it was just horrible looking. I do feel bad for Chris, it's understandable that Lorelai would have second thoughts about moving and want to think about having children, but vows are a small thing (well compared to moving and children), so when she said no it's understandable that he's upset over it. I loved Emily talking to Lorelai. Marty creeps me out. for Luke talking to a lawyer.
Actual Janet ~ Councillors Supporter #28 Let's call it hope
Old 01-17-2007, 08:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Re-watching this episode last night, I have to say SP is doing the best work of anyone on GG this season, followed closely by AB & MC.

And I agree with those who think the fight was funny - I burst out laughing again when the Christmas music started playing.
Old 01-17-2007, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachypeep (View Post)
Re-watching this episode last night, I have to say SP is doing the best work of anyone on GG this season, followed closely by AB & MC.

And I agree with those who think the fight was funny - I burst out laughing again when the Christmas music started playing.
Yeah, Scott has done some really great work this season

Haha yeah, I watched that part again last night too, and I also started laughing. The Christmas music that plays after the poor tree is beat up is hilarious.
Old 01-23-2007, 01:45 AM
Master Fan

I'm with you guys, SP has been great so far this season, i've loved all his scenes.

The fight was funny.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:48 AM
Total Fan

I just though the fight was kind of pathetic. Big dummies.
Icon by Kiara99
Old 01-23-2007, 11:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I just though the fight was kind of pathetic. Big dummies.
I agree!

I can't believe GG is back!! So exciting!

Yvonne