Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon194 (View Post)
IMO, there should be an end to that image. Whereas Lucas never ceases to picture him like that.
I guess thats where you and I are different. I just will never see some good in Dan no matter how many people he saves.

You know what I realized I rather they had Dan act the way Mick did with Peyton to Lucas then trying to redeem him. It sucks Mick was played by John because I think Paul would have done a great jo as the dead beat dad that really didn't give a damn and in no showing that he needed to be a father to her

Dammit 613 needs to happen so we can talk about Peyton's "condition"

I think in S3 before Dan killed Keith I would have loved to see Lucas and Dan have scenes where Dan is trying his hardest to thank Lucas but just couldn't because of his pride and the fact he actually thought his own son would kill him. Lucas may hate Dan but Lucas is just a better person then Dan.

this thread is going to be very popular I can see
Old 12-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Lucas may hate Dan but Lucas is just a better person then Dan.
In other aspects, maybe yes, but with respect to letting go of the past, he's proving to be as stubborn as Dan. Dan could never let go of his grudge against Keith, a grudge that was developed several years back, a grudge that eventually led him to commit a horrible act. Same is the case with Lucas. He can't let go of an image he formed several years ago of Dan and IMO, if this were real-life, I'd see Lucas committing the same horrible act with Dan. Why? Because these kind of stubborn grudges tend to screw with the best of people. Lucas is exactly like Dan when it comes to this trait.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

DL scenes>>>>DN

Just wanted to throw it out there.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon194 (View Post)
In other aspects, maybe yes, but with respect to letting go of the past, he's proving to be as stubborn as Dan. Dan could never let go of his grudge against Keith, a grudge that was developed several years back, a grudge that eventually led him to commit a horrible act. Same is the case with Lucas. He can't let go of an image he formed several years ago of Dan and IMO, if this were real-life, I'd see Lucas committing the same horrible act with Dan. Why? Because these kind of stubborn grudges tend to screw with the best of people. Lucas is exactly like Dan when it comes to this trait.
Which is why I say Lucas should let go of his grudge with Lucas if he expects to be better then Dan but to have Lucas act like Dan did not kill his uncle that to me would be stupid writing. Way more stupid then Dan killing Keith in the first place.

Then again Lucas could just forget Dan all together seriously he has a beautiful wife to be and her "condition" too

Yes Laurie DL>>>NL because I for one never believe Nate hates Dan. I think he just acts that way because he thinks its the right thing to do.

In that fic Far too Late I think Peyton allows Dan to see their daughter but Lucas is still pissed in this instance I'm on Lucas side
Old 12-28-2008, 04:50 PM
Master Fan

Lucas IS Dan. they are much more alike than Nathan and Dan will ever be.

'Cause I don't know who I am, who I am without you All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
'Cause she will love you more than I could She who dares to stand where I stood
JohnSara
Old 12-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't think Lucas=Dan. I think Lucas definitely has traits that are from Dan. Same goes for Nathan. But that does not make them equals in my eyes. I mean, c'mon now.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I don't see that either.
|LoVe|
Old 12-28-2008, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, that's ...

Old 12-28-2008, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

lol
|LoVe|
Old 12-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgchick (View Post)
I can sympathize with Lucas on why he couldn't stand Dan. Like I said I still have issues with my dad too and I'm older then Luke. The thing is imagine someone who created you in your eyes never wanted you or decided his pride was more important then being a dad to me? Even after Lucas found out Dan wanted custody of Lucas I'd still be pissed because even though Karen wanted nothing to do with Dan Dan should have still tried. It seemed Dan gave up on trying to be Lucas father because of Keith and I'm not blaming Keith for it at all but I can honestly see why Lucas would hate Dan in S1 especially since thats what Lucas is use too hating Dan for thinking he never wanted him. I can blame Karen for making him think Dan never wanted him but after Lucas found out Dan tried to be in his life and the key word is tried to because after that all Dan did was hid some pictures of lil Lucas and to me thats not enough IDGAF what anyone says

That being said Dan hopefully I'd like to see how he reacts to Peyton's ummm "condition" I'd love to be wrong into thinking Dan would at least be happy Lucas is getting married to Peyton FINALLY and that her "condition" is nothing threatening but I just dont trust the writers enough.

See Jennifer I think where we disagree its on the Karen stuff. I honestly think Karen just wanted to protect Lucas and its not like Karen was in the wrong in doing so because look at Nathan. It took Haley and hjim leaving Dan for him to become a better person. Imagine how it be with Lucas living with Dan? Dan would have resented Lucas for him not being a pro basketball player because he probably would have quit basketball. Dan would have tried to live through Lucas playing ball. I just in the end I'd take Karen over Dan any day because Nathan is an example of Dan's parenting.

I think LP having these parent issues shows that they probably wont make the mistakes Ellie, Dan, Mick and Karen did when they were thewir age. Hopefully we get something liek that.
See....here again, I do disagree. I have known a couple of guys who fought a battle with a woman for a child and lost. And in fact these guys are decent guys, who's kids can't stand them, because Momma painted them as the bad guy. Guys who fought for years, wasted tons of money, only to NEVER get even visitation of their kids. Women are still considered primary custodian in most custody cases, no matter how unfit or crappy a parent they are. Considering Karen at least is a fairly decent person, she would have most likely been a lock for primary/sole custody.

Here is the issue. In a lot of states, an unmarried woman basically has ALL custody rights to a kid. And without looking up NC law, but from what the show said (and due to the fact that they knew the law about a mandatory one-year separation for divorce, which I know is true because I tried to get mine in NC, but ended up doing mine through KS to avoid the one-year wait I think they researched the law for the show) I get the feeling NC is the same. In the episode where the custody thing came out, it was said that bc Deb was pregnant the attorneys said Dan was going to lose.

SO...if Karen denies visitation, there aint jack Dan could have done. He has no rights. So, fighting over and over simply was a losing proposition. NOW...you can use Nathan as an example....however, my rebuttal is this. I seriously wonder whether Dan would have been as bad if Karen hadn't have cut him out. I think it made him more possessive of Nathan. I think it tempered his whole parenting aspect. I really think that Karen set a lot of things in motion...she permanently destroyed what was left of Dan and Keith's relationship (remember, Keith thought Dan was lying when he told him that he attempted to get custody...that came out in S1). She destroyed Lucas' relationship with him by denying it and allowed Lucas to believe his father never wanted him. She refused child support which caused Lucas to believe his dad hated him. I don't blame Keith at all. He thought he was cleaning up Dan's mess. He didn't realize Karen lied to him every bit as much as anyone else. Keith should be commended for stepping in. She denied both Lucas and Nathan any opportunity to be brothers for years. Her hostility was very evident, even in how she treated Deb in S1...when it was obvious that Deb harbored none towards her.

I think the fact that he did set aside a trust fund for Lucas for college means a lot. It sounds like he took what he would have given as child support and dumped it somewhere for when Lucas was an adult and could make his own decision. This says a lot. It wasn't all talk. He cared from afar. People often say Dan is all talk, but this is all stuff he did behind the scenes. It seems to me he did what he could in what limited capacity he had. He wasn't evil. He just was a man who had his rights took from him. And in this respect, I do feel sorry for him. And I wonder a lot about what could have been if things would have played out differently.
Remember tonight, for it is the beginning of always. A reward for persisting through life so long alone. A decision, to rise above the pain of the past. Love will always be the guiding force in our lives. For tonight is mere formality, an announcement to the world for feelings long held. Promises made long ago -- in the sacred space of our hearts.
Lucas Eugene Scott & Peyton Elisabeth Sawyer - May 11, 2009 icon by me (Jennifer!)

Last edited by willowhaven; 12-28-2008 at 05:28 PM
Old 12-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Why did Dan and Karen break up anyway? Was Deb already in the picture?

Whose decision was it to not have Dan in Lucas' life? Was it Dan's or Karen's?
Old 12-28-2008, 05:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*shot*of*whiskey (View Post)
Why did Dan and Karen break up anyway? Was Deb already in the picture?
no. Dan broke up with Karen because he had a basketball scholarship and was going to go away to college. He met Deb at freshman orientation. It was Karen's decision to not have him around, from what i understand.

And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you All I know is that I should
JohnSara
Old 12-28-2008, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At that time, did he know Karen was already pregnant?

BTW, Highschool!D/K from Season 1 still freaks me out. Dan got hotter as he aged, and so did Karen
Old 12-28-2008, 05:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*shot*of*whiskey (View Post)
At that time, did he know Karen was already pregnant?
yes, Karen told him, and he left anyway. THAT'S what she was mad about. he picked basketball over their son.

i did forget what the deal was with the abortion though. did he want her to have one right away?

JohnSara
Old 12-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG Laurie go back and watch S1

I think Dan asked Karen to have an abortion. Dan even said it in a snide comment to Lucas I think

My ankle hurts
Closed Thread   Post New Thread