Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2005, 08:08 PM
Elite Fan

Our Very Own Discussion #1: Because Hil and Jason Ritter in the same movie YAY!

This Thread if for discussion about Hil's movie Our Very Own.

Banner By Gaby aka BepperGirl

Guys check out www.ourveryownmovie.com for a bunch of info.

You can see the trailer, hint, no Hilarie talking though, a bunch of Allison and Autumn, and some Jason as well. Plus, there's a little cast bio, nothing we don't know, but here you go anyways.

Icons:

credit: jilliek

Cast Bio
Hilarie Burton (Bobbie Chester)

Hilarie Burton is one of the hottest young faces in television today. You can catch Burton as the lead in the popular WB drama series “One Tree Hill” and as one MTV’s VJs, hosting “TRL” as well as MTV’s highly-rated specials.

“One Tree Hill" was one of the breakthrough drama series for the 2003-2004 season and returned for a second season to one of the biggest audiences on The WB. Produced by the same team that brought us “Smallville,” the show features Burton as Peyton Sawyer, a smart, beautiful girl growing up in Tree Hill, North Carolina.

Burton continues to co-host “TRL,” “MTV’s Hits,” as well as MTV’s popular specials, traveling back and forth between New York and Wilmington, North Carolina, where “One Tree Hill” is shot. As a host for “TRL,” MTV’s wildly popular request show, Burton interviews the most talked-about people in entertainment, from Angelina Jolie to Britney Spears.

Born and raised in Loudon County, Virginia, with her three brothers, Burton developed a passion for acting early in life. Shortly after moving to New York, she landed the coveted job of VJ at MTV.[/QUOTE]

In the small town of Shelbyville, Tennessee in 1978, five local teenagers are suddenly sent into a frenzy when they learn of the return of homegrown movie star, Sondra Locke. Clancy (JASON RITTER) and Melora (AUTUMN REESER), best friends on the verge of falling in love, set out with friends Bobbie (HILARIE BURTON), Ray (DEREK CARTER), and Glen (MICHAEL MCKEE) to track down the star in hopes of grabbing onto her “fur coattail” and hightailing it to Hollywood.

BTS
The role of sassy spitfire Bobbie Chester was given to Hilarie Burton after Lowy and Watson viewed a video tape and saw not only that she had the good-time-girl quality needed for the role, but that Burton literally popped off the screen as they watched her. “Bobbie’s the wild one – rowdy and excitable,” says Burton. “She’s a lot of talk, a lot of false bravado, but when it comes to actually walking the walk, she quivers a bit.”

Thank you to H-B.com for the link and info.

Hil's scenes:

Last edited by rossfangirl86; 08-04-2016 at 06:19 PM
Old 01-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Absolute Fan

that's a great idea, there should def be a thread for this :nod;

can't wait until it comes out!

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
Old 01-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm really looking forward to this movie. Hil AND Jason Ritter.. you just can't go wrong.

Old 01-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

Well it was my idea

anyways yea I cant wait to see it.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Yay JenJen, good thread idea!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Um good thread idea Baby JenJen

I cannot wait to see this movie!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilliek
Yay JenJen, good thread idea!
What are you talking about it was you not me who came up with this thread. I came up with the title

and where is the one you were suppose to start? did you lie to me.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So we need to post info about this movie. Jill I know you have the goodies
Old 01-14-2005, 04:15 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so excited to hear more about this movie!
Old 01-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Some more info about the movie:
Cast:
Allison Janney .... Joan Whitfield
Keith Carradine .... Billy Whitfield
Cheryl Hines .... Sally Crowder
Beth Grant .... Virginia Kendal
Jason Ritter .... Clancy Whitfield
Hilarie Burton .... Bobbie Chester
Faith Prince .... Athylene
Autumn Reeser .... Melora Kendall
Derek Carter .... Ray
Michael McKee .... Glen
Dale Dickey .... Skillet
Amy Landers .... Rhonda
Richard Jenik .... Danny Prescott
Steven Griffith .... Buzz
Cody Block .... Skeeter
Rhoda Griffis .... Fanny
Lisa Norman .... Millie Jo
T. Scott Cunningham .... Dr. Dunwitty
Allison Mackie .... Sheila

You may know them from...
-Allison stars in the hit NBC drama, The West Wing
-Cheryl stars in the critically acclaimed HBO comedy, Curb Your Enthusiasm
-Jason can currently be seen in CBS's Joan of Arcadia, and was in the 2003 slasher-flick, Freddy vs. Jason

About the Movie:
-Drama
-Release date of 2005
-It takes place in Shelbyville, Tennessee.
-Coming of age story about 4 or 5 teenagers in a small town.
-It's about two teenage girls during the 1970's and their obsession with wanting to be like Sandra Locke, a famous actress who eventually escaped the little podunk town and made it big in Hollywood. I do figure that Hilarie is one of the two teens. She's also VERY blond for the role... Almost FRIED blond.. Shelbyville really is PODUNK, I can't believe anyone EVER thought of shooting a movie there! The town really did have an obsession with Sandra Locke back in her golden days (the 70's) from what I've heard, so I guess that's the only reason it's shot there. Plus the town square is practically a replica of what it was exactly like in the 70's. (Thanks to DrewBennettGrl83 for that info!)
-The story is a semi-autobiographical account of Cameron Watson's youth in a small southern town in the late seventies. A group of teens hears that an actress from their hometown is returning for a visit. They hope that meeting her will put them one step closer to fulfilling their own dreams.

Hil on her role
SOMETHING DIFFERENT

by Marilyn Beck & Stacy Jenel Smith

Fans who think of actress Hilarie Burton as her "One Tree Hill" character Peyton Sawyer -- "a distraught girl who is kind of fussy until a guy comes along and changes her, and she's nice," as Burton puts it -- are in for quite a changeup once filmmaker Cameron Watson's "Our Very Own" is released. "I got to play the comedic role -- a huge change," says Hilarie, part of an ensemble that includes Jason Ritter, Beth Grant, Faith Prince, Allison Janney, Keith Carradine and Cheryl Hines. "It takes place in 1978 rural Tennessee. My character has feathered hair, drinks Boone's Farm, throws bottles at train cars and gets mixed up with the bad boy in town just for the excitement of it -- but it comes back to bite her in the butt. She's backward as all hell. I loved it!"

Visit H-B.COM for more info.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*shot*of*whiskey
-
Hil on her role
"It takes place in 1978 rural Tennessee. My character has feathered hair, drinks Boone's Farm, throws bottles at train cars and gets mixed up with the bad boy in town just for the excitement of it -- but it comes back to bite her in the butt. She's backward as all hell. I loved it!"

Visit H-B.COM for more info.
I heard Hil had shot a movie during the OTH hiatus but I didn't know anything about it. Her character sounds really funny so I can't wait to see that.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hil's character does sound really adorable. I can't wait to see this movie!

Old 01-17-2005, 01:51 AM
Elite Fan

I can't wait for the movie to come out! I bet Hil is gonna be awesome!!

Thanks for bringing over the info Laur

Lyla: I love you too.
||
Old 01-28-2005, 11:58 AM
Total Fan

Does anyone know about when this movie is coming out??
Old 01-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

I am really looking forward to seeing Hilarie in something other than One Tree Hill as Peyton. Because as much as I love her playing Peyton, I don't have cable so I don't get to see her outside of Peyton-realm as much as I'd like. I seriously am in envy of all of you cable viewers who get to see her on TRL.

Also, not sure if this is the place to ask, but Jill, why is it that whenever we try to link to HBO, it turns to **********?

Gaby
I made my icon.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread