Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2018, 11:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Definitely haha
Old 01-15-2018, 01:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gus was not there!

Me and My sister had VIP passes and we got to go inside before a lot of people which was great because we immediately dashed to his line. We were probably 6th or so to line but then there are the platinum and gold people in front of us as well. Unfortunately Jeff's plane got delayed too so we had been waiting in line for about 3 hours before we finally got see him. The lady working the front was letting ONLY the platinum and gold people go and they just kept showing up so we had to keep waiting. I think they were supposed to do more of a filtered system, like, let all the platinum people go, then like 4 of the gold and then one VIP etc, but we hadn't been to a convention before so we weren't really sure.

They were telling us in the line not to take photos of Jeff and he was behind a curtain so unfortunately the general public couldn't even see him. I still sneaked in a few photos though. I didn't realize he was such a fan favorite but I guess he is! He also had his glasses on which was unfortunate because you couldn't see his face as well. At one point his niece (I later followed her on instagram and I think she lives in washington? ) Came and hugged him and stole him away. Which is funny because later he posted on instagram a photo of her and its cool because we totally saw when it happened haha. I think she is his niece from his family's side? Anyways he finally got back to line and we eventually were able to get in.

This is a photo when we were in line (sorry with some of the other cast too)

When we first walked up to his line he was talking to his manager lady and then finally looked over at us and he pulled up his glasses! He was SO NICE. He was like "hi ladies!" and seemed very genuine as I am sure he does with everyone. He asked us how we were and we said good, and he started to sign the photos we had of him and then we asked him how his day was going. I told him that I was a big fan of Hilarie's and have been a fan since early OTH when I was 15. lol. He looked at me and smiled and goes "yeah, she's alright." It was cute. Then I said "she's due soon isn't she?" and he told me any day now and that she was at home twiddling her thumbs and told him he better be able to make it home for the baby LOL!!! He then said he had been painting the babies room and Hilarie was making curtains and I said she seemed very crafty and he said she was. Then my sister asked him if he had a farm (which she obviously already knew he did) and said she has one as well and then he asked her where and shes said in Oregon (where the convention was). He said the state was really beautiful. (I swear the convo felt like it was going on and on! But he really took his time to talk to everyone!) Then he asked her what animals she had and she listed them off and she said she had sheep and he was like "sheep, how many?" He seemed genuine interested but he could also have just been making conversation. She told him that they were self sheering and he was really interested in that and said he hated sheering his sheep and they always kicked him and acted up. LMAO. She told him the name of the sheep. (So hey if they get any Soay sheep that is totally because of us! haha) We also told him it was my birthday and when he was done signing he came over really close to the table and drew an extra heart on my photo and shook our hands and then looked right at me and said "Happy Birthday" which was adorable. He was really really sweet!

I met a bunch of other people too but he was the first one and it was a great first experience and I am glad that we were able to talk about Hilarie too.

We didnt get a photo with him because we had the autograph and we had other photos to take but I do have this that he signed for me:

I posted more about my other meets and interactions with a few other photos at The 100 Board in the fan pictures thread if anyone is interested in looking. lol.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's awesome. and it's great that you talked to Jeff about Hilarie too.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for sharing the pics and the stories too Alexa! Sounds like you had a cool conversation about Hilarie and sheep. We so called that he'd tell people when she was due. Even if it wasn't the exact date, now we know it's soon and she's home making curtains.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, that definitely sounds like Hilarie
Old 01-15-2018, 11:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That's awesome. and it's great that you talked to Jeff about Hilarie too.
That was the one thing I wanted to do because obviously I love her.

And now if I ever meet her I can tell her I talked to Jeff and told him how much I loved her lol.

It totally sounded like Hilarie when he said she was making curtains. I wanna see if she posts them on instagram/twitter when she is done.

It was cute because she posted on instagram after he had gotten home which was adorable.

But yeah, I was hoping he would tell me she was due. It kind of sounded almost like she was over due. In fact, he said "any minute now" I think. I guess we'll find out soon!
Old 01-15-2018, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
That was the one thing I wanted to do because obviously I love her.

And now if I ever meet her I can tell her I talked to Jeff and told him how much I loved her lol.

It totally sounded like Hilarie when he said she was making curtains. I wanna see if she posts them on instagram/twitter when she is done.

It was cute because she posted on instagram after he had gotten home which was adorable.

But yeah, I was hoping he would tell me she was due. It kind of sounded almost like she was over due. In fact, he said "any minute now" I think. I guess we'll find out soon!
I bet you did haha and I'm sure she will love to hear that if you ever get the chance to meet her.

Yeah, maybe but I always thought she was another month or so away.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:34 PM
Elite Fan

Guess we'll know sooner or later! And yeah, I can just picture Hil at home making curtains. Reminds me of that video of her during the storm, crocheting.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
Guess we'll know sooner or later! And yeah, I can just picture Hil at home making curtains. Reminds me of that video of her during the storm, crocheting.
When was that? Don't think I've seen that video before?
Old 01-18-2018, 11:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
What's the difference between crocheting and knitting? I'm trying to think anyway yes I imagine she's doing all that and enjoying relaxing before she gives birth. I imagine she wants to get it over with now, as it is truly frustrating carrying such a weight and you just want to get the labour over with
Although some women love being pregnant.

How cute is her boy. I'm sure he's going to be more creative as he gets older

Old 01-18-2018, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Very cute indeed.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:15 PM
Elite Fan

Aww that's so sweet!

Knitting and crocheting are slightly different. They use different tools and I think the patterns are different? Not 100% sure but my mom can crochet but not knit so there is some kind of difference.

Sam, it was one of the features on the s1 OTH DVDs. I can't find it right now and I can't remember what it was called. So I'm not help, maybe Alexa knows?
Old 01-18-2018, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Alright, I might see if it's on YouTube or something.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:56 PM
Elite Fan

I looked at one of the storm videos but I didn't see that part when I scrolled through. But I could've easily missed it.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay true
Closed Thread   Post New Thread