Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

How was peyton selfish? Just curious.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Not sure because the cheating I never really saw her as a selfish character.
Old 12-08-2016, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really honestly never saw Peyton as selfish either. I am trying to keep my Peyton bias out of it too because she is my favorite female on the show, and I really can't think of a moment that she was selfish.
I am an original”
Old 12-08-2016, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah agreed.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

I don't think Peyton was a very selfish character either, but some of her actions were imo. Deliberately running red lights was the most selfish thing she's ever done. I get why she did it, but she could have seriously injured or killed other ppl. Cheating wasn't exactly great either (though I don't whatsoever see Brooke as an innocent victim or even as very sympathetic during the BLP triangle; quite the contrary, Peyton is the only character I sympathize with in that mess), but that one I mind much less.
Old 12-11-2016, 06:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
I don't think Peyton was a very selfish character either, but some of her actions were imo. Deliberately running red lights was the most selfish thing she's ever done. I get why she did it, but she could have seriously injured or killed other ppl. Cheating wasn't exactly great either (though I don't whatsoever see Brooke as an innocent victim or even as very sympathetic during the BLP triangle; quite the contrary, Peyton is the only character I sympathize with in that mess), but that one I mind much less.
those two points i agree with

i personally didnt like her moody ways like she's a cheerleader but she wasn't a happy person .. always complained about people leaving her .. they made her in season one so cold i couldn't connect with a lot unless she was with someone else
Old 12-11-2016, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

She had pretty genuine reasons to moody and not happy back than.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:51 PM
Obsessed Fan

Agreed that she had genuine reasons.

And it's different strokes for different folks, I guess. s1 Peyton is my favorite precisely because of the overt anger and gloominess. Brooke's perkiness, on the other hand, always went on my nerves so much. I literally can't watch most of her scenes without cringing.

But I didn't care for Peyton's "people always leave" either. I respect that it's a huge part of her character and that many people related to it. But I'm personally more accepting (for the lack of a better word) of people growing distant/moving away/dying (the last one being more difficult to cope with than the first two, of course), so I couldn't.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Yeah same, Season 1 is also my favourite Peyton and it sucks that it is followed by least favourite Peyton Season (S2).
Old 12-11-2016, 10:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

i didnt see peyton cheating as SELFISH though. its not like she did it intentionally trying to hurt brooke, it was heat of the moment and she felt awful for it and then tried to make up for her. even broke it off with lucas to get her friendship back, when if i were in that situation iw ould have just dated him considering brooke was already pissed about it, but she didnt do that.

she also let brooke date him in season 2 even though she probably wasnt completely over lucas.

she tried to help get BL back together in season 4 even though it was KILLING her because its what she thought Luke wanted. I mean come on.
Old 12-11-2016, 11:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Peyton definitely wasn't as selfish as Lucas was in that storyline, but I still count cheating as a selfish action though.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Elite Fan

Agree with Alexa on this one. I don't condone cheating but I could understand why/how it happened with LP. They just couldn't fight their feelings for each other in the situation they were throw into. Neither of them meant for it to happen but it did. I don't see how Peyton was selfish there since she delayed telling Brooke because she didn't want to hurt her. And she denied her own feelings for Lucas for a long time in order to make up for the pain she caused Brooke in s1. Same with Lucas.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah that's true I guess.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

i consider cheating as selfish when you do it intentionally, over and over.

it wasnt as if they were carrying on this affair not caring about brookes feelings. Lucas did that but Peyton didn't. She felt guilt the whole time.

i dont consider it an affair. the motel was a heat of the moment kiss. The hallway was Lucas telling Peyton he wanted to be with her, fully intending to break up with Brooke.

The only scene that was "selfish" IMO was the library scene in 113. They shouldnt have been kissing at school before talking to Brooke, so I agree that THAT was not cool, but it was one scene and again, they were planning to talk to Brooke about it.

Dont get me wrong, I was siding with Brooke after that whole thing. She was completely in the right to be upset with Peyton and not talk to her and everything els she did (short of lying to Lucas about being pregnant)... but I dont see that as Peyton being SELFISH. I felt like that was out of her control.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
i consider cheating as selfish when you do it intentionally, over and over.

it wasnt as if they were carrying on this affair not caring about brookes feelings. Lucas did that but Peyton didn't. She felt guilt the whole time.

i dont consider it an affair. the motel was a heat of the moment kiss. The hallway was Lucas telling Peyton he wanted to be with her, fully intending to break up with Brooke.

The only scene that was "selfish" IMO was the library scene in 113. They shouldnt have been kissing at school before talking to Brooke, so I agree that THAT was not cool, but it was one scene and again, they were planning to talk to Brooke about it.

Dont get me wrong, I was siding with Brooke after that whole thing. She was completely in the right to be upset with Peyton and not talk to her and everything els she did (short of lying to Lucas about being pregnant)... but I dont see that as Peyton being SELFISH. I felt like that was out of her control.
good points i agree i don't see that side of her being selfish it was more of a lucas thing

but i still didnt enjoy season 1 peyton as much as later on season 3 onwards peyton .. i just don't like moody characters for some reason
Closed Thread   Post New Thread