Old 09-19-2017, 02:21 PM
Elite Fan

Yes from what I have seen there is a lack of diversity in the show
Old 09-19-2017, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Which sucks for us of course.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well to be fair though i think its been brought up more now and its more expected in todays television. Not that they shouldn't have had more diversity because they should have but TV back then wasn't really that focused on that it seems.
Old 09-22-2017, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's true, but I think the writers still should have pursued it more though. Fan reaction to Anna and Felix probably scared them off a bit too.
Old 09-23-2017, 05:22 PM
Elite Fan

Yes, i always forget that tv was so different back then
Old 09-23-2017, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Me too haha.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Same. It's also noticeable in the humor. I rewatched Gilmore Girls relatively recently and was surprised at how many inappropriate (by today's standards) jokes there are there.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's doesn't really surprise me at all tbh.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

How would you rank the seasons? From best to worst?
Old 09-29-2017, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Even friends had some inappropriate jokes.

The most common one is calling someone gay as if its funny.

I mean, i do think it was different back then but now days its just not humorous at all.

Quote:
How would you rank the seasons? From best to worst?
For me:

1: Season 1 - The best season by far. So much heart and you could tell they really put thought into the episodes. I loved the majority of the characters and storylines.

2: Season 3 - I think the peak of the show. Really funny scenes and also dramatic ones. A tiny bit less heart felt than season 1 but there were some majorly good episodes that year and the music was great too.

3: Season 5 - I know people didnt like it as much but i loved the revamp of the show. I loved the angst for LP. Plus it was a shorter season so I didnt get sick of it compared to other seasons. There were some stand out episodes.

4: Season 4 - Something felt a bit off about this season but it had some great episodes. I obviously loved all the focus on LP. Still great music even though overall the season felt a bit darker. But it was still the highschool years.

5: Season 2 - I had issues with this season like the lack of basketball and the lack of LP but for the most part it felt like the good old OTH. And it did have some really good episodes this season.

6: Season 9 - I really loved this season. Of the later seasons it was really strange imo. It was a half seasons basically so I think the writers did a good job of writing a distinct storyline. Everything came together in the end and it felt like some older OTh because Chris was there and things were just more cohesive. Loved the focus on Haley. The finale was great despite LP not being there. I might rank it higher but I have to rewatch it.

7: Season 7 - They "Started over" sort of with this season and a time jump. First time around it was a bit weird without lP but the second time I watched it I liked it a lot more. I liked the newer characters. I liked some of the storylines that season like Haley's mom's death. But it was hard to get used to not having lP there. And some storylines were dumb, like the katie storyline.

8: Season 8 - By far the worst season of the bunch. By this point you could tell the writers were running out of ideas. There were just some really dumb episodes. There were a few good ones but minimal compared to other seasons. I dont think it was unwatchable but at this point I def. was ready for the series to end.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)

For me:

1: Season 1 - The best season by far. So much heart and you could tell they really put thought into the episodes. I loved the majority of the characters and storylines.

2: Season 3 - I think the peak of the show. Really funny scenes and also dramatic ones. A tiny bit less heart felt than season 1 but there were some majorly good episodes that year and the music was great too.

3: Season 5 - I know people didnt like it as much but i loved the revamp of the show. I loved the angst for LP. Plus it was a shorter season so I didnt get sick of it compared to other seasons. There were some stand out episodes.

4: Season 4 - Something felt a bit off about this season but it had some great episodes. I obviously loved all the focus on LP. Still great music even though overall the season felt a bit darker. But it was still the highschool years.

5: Season 2 - I had issues with this season like the lack of basketball and the lack of LP but for the most part it felt like the good old OTH. And it did have some really good episodes this season.

6: Season 9 - I really loved this season. Of the later seasons it was really strange imo. It was a half seasons basically so I think the writers did a good job of writing a distinct storyline. Everything came together in the end and it felt like some older OTh because Chris was there and things were just more cohesive. Loved the focus on Haley. The finale was great despite LP not being there. I might rank it higher but I have to rewatch it.

7: Season 7 - They "Started over" sort of with this season and a time jump. First time around it was a bit weird without lP but the second time I watched it I liked it a lot more. I liked the newer characters. I liked some of the storylines that season like Haley's mom's death. But it was hard to get used to not having lP there. And some storylines were dumb, like the katie storyline.

8: Season 8 - By far the worst season of the bunch. By this point you could tell the writers were running out of ideas. There were just some really dumb episodes. There were a few good ones but minimal compared to other seasons. I dont think it was unwatchable but at this point I def. was ready for the series to end.
Where you put Season 6? Lol

My list would be:
1. Season 1 - Definitely the show's best season imo and I loved most of the interactions that season (especially LP, LH & PH). The season with the most heart for me.
2. Season 4 - Loved that LP finally got together this season and enjoyed the ending of the HS years. Didn't really enjoy Psycho Derek though and wish that Derek was introduced.
3. Season 3 - Loved the Naley and Ellie storylines, the return of basketball & LP's friendship. BL really dragged this season down imo
4. Season 5 - Thought that the first half of this season was decent (didn't like Lindsay and Carrie storylines though) and the second half was mostly filler. This season would have been a lot better if it wasn't for the writers strike and some better storyline choices.
5. Season 6 - I loved that we got to LP together for good this season (should have gotten more focus though and a better storyline too). Rest of the season was pretty boring in my eyes and while I liked PJu's friendship from what we saw of it, I didn't really see the point of that whole romantic storyline with them.
6. Season 2 - The least favourite season for obvious reasons and outside of some of the Naley angst & the friendships, there isn't a lot of positive things to say about this season imo.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I cant believe i forgot 6! I also meant to say "of the later seasons it was really STRONG" not strange. for season 9.

I would put 6 above 8 at the bottom. I didnt like seasons 6 that much. I am thankful for all the coupley LP moments but tbh the rest of the seasons really lacked. i did enjoy some episodes and i will always love the show, but yeah, thats season is when I really started to dislike the show and was bitter about the direction it was taking. It just really felt that season like the writers had no idea what to do with it anymore.

I agree about BL dragging season 3 down. Just as an LP fan, thats an obvious complaint. Just as they probably feel like LP dragged s4 down. Had BL not gotten such focus I think I would have liked season 3 even more, but its still right up there for me.

I also agree that the second part of season 5 wasnt great but I think it was mostly episodes 513-516 but i did like the jamie birthday one, whatever episode that was. Those four just felt super filler to me though.

I hated season 2 for a long time but in my very recent rewatch I realized how much I loved the season actually. Loved Andy. i liked the whole plot with Nathan/Haley tbh but maybe because it actually gave them angst and a story. I can see why fans of them wouldn't like it but to me i loved watching it play out. I liked BP a lot that season and enjoyed the peyton/anna storyline somewhat. I also thought Brooke was her best that season. BL didn't really bother me that much. But that season came in waves for me. 201-203 were season 1 ish to me. Then it got kinda blah between 104-108 but I did enjoy 109 through to the end for the most part. The last couple episodes in particular i really enjoyed.

Last edited by Alexa; 10-09-2017 at 11:08 PM
Old 10-10-2017, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I cant believe i forgot 6! I also meant to say "of the later seasons it was really STRONG" not strange. for season 9.

I would put 6 above 8 at the bottom. I didnt like seasons 6 that much. I am thankful for all the coupley LP moments but tbh the rest of the seasons really lacked. i did enjoy some episodes and i will always love the show, but yeah, thats season is when I really started to dislike the show and was bitter about the direction it was taking. It just really felt that season like the writers had no idea what to do with it anymore.

I agree about BL dragging season 3 down. Just as an LP fan, thats an obvious complaint. Just as they probably feel like LP dragged s4 down. Had BL not gotten such focus I think I would have liked season 3 even more, but its still right up there for me.

I also agree that the second part of season 5 wasnt great but I think it was mostly episodes 513-516 but i did like the jamie birthday one, whatever episode that was. Those four just felt super filler to me though.

I hated season 2 for a long time but in my very recent rewatch I realized how much I loved the season actually. Loved Andy. i liked the whole plot with Nathan/Haley tbh but maybe because it actually gave them angst and a story. I can see why fans of them wouldn't like it but to me i loved watching it play out. I liked BP a lot that season and enjoyed the peyton/anna storyline somewhat. I also thought Brooke was her best that season. BL didn't really bother me that much. But that season came in waves for me. 201-203 were season 1 ish to me. Then it got kinda blah between 104-108 but I did enjoy 109 through to the end for the most part. The last couple episodes in particular i really enjoyed.
Yeah. outside of LP Season 6 was pretty boring and I think it was pretty obvious that the writers had run out of ideas for core 5 storylines that season since most of them didn't do a lot that season.

Even with less BL focus in S3, they still would have really annoyed me regardless because they were pretty horrible that season and Brooke & Lucas were at the best apart that season.

I liked S2 for the friendships and some parts of the NH storyline (will never like that they made out Haley to be the bad guy though), but lack of LP and basketball along with the focus that BL/JP got (which will never make any sense imo) will always drag that season down a lot for me.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nathan always made mistakes though so I was okay with Haley being the ‘bad guy’ for once.

The thing about season 2 is that it just felt so long for some reason lol.

But I think binging the episodes makes it a lot easier to get through them lol.

I need to get back to season 8.
Old 10-14-2017, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

^ It's not just that they made Haley the bad guy, it's more they act like she was in the wrong for chasing her dreams while Nathan was the innocent little victim. Binging definitely makes it easier sometimes
Closed Thread   Post New Thread