Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Mid-Season TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2017, 05:08 PM
  #1
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 135,991
General OTH Discussion/Rant Thread #13: Because sdfsfdsfwdsfsf!

Please be mindful of FF Rules when posting on this thread. Actor bashing is not allowed and will not be tolerated. Also, this isn't the place to talk about what other posters are saying on other threads and boards on FF. Bashing posters will not be tolerated.

Criticisms about any characters or storyilnes are okay as long as you respect your fellow posters.


Previous thread:
General OTH Rant Thread #1: Because we all need a place to vent.


-------



from the last thread:


My issue with Naley wasnt that they had a SL the whole series but I just wish they had been broken up a bit longer. Like, when they got the annulment in season 3 I wish it just would have stuck. I would have liked to see Nathan cold towards her for a lot longer and then when Haley gave up trying maybe she starts dating someone else (or even Nathan starts dating someone else) and then they decide to move on. Then slowly we can see Nathan coming back around and I would love if they had gotten back together at the end of season 4 instead. But this time they decide to take things slow and date the right way before deciding to get married. Then in season 5 we coulda seen them happy and then Nathan could have proposed again at the start or mid season 5. I just think that would have been 100x better. Then she could have gotten pregnant at the end of season 5 and they could have done his depression storyline still with the accident and stuff, just later on.

I never got the vibe that Peyton was over Lucas. All through season 2 I just felt like her feelings were still lingering. First with the letter stuff and her acting so down about all of that, and then not being enthused about being on the dating website. Then we get that speech from her in 203 about being the disappointment and she just seems so sad and so lost. I refuse to believe that Lucas wasn't part of that sadness. What else would it have been from? Then we just start to see her feeling more lonely and isolated. The scene in 205 in the church showed how she was hurting. And I really think her lack of interaction/friendship with Lucas was part of it. When Lucas asked Anna to dance in 209, she was REALLY upset and then that whole night in 209 she was just super lonely and depressed. The 210 scene spoke for itself too? I mean, if Lucas hadn't been part of her depression then she wouldn't have been so upset with him! And whenever Anna mentioned Lucas she looked sad. Only when Jake came back did she finally seem happier but again, i think it was because he was a big distraction to her. When he brought up Lucas after he found the condoms in her drawer she was like "oh we never did that" and to me, seemed sad then too. I could be slightly biased but there were just too many instances to make me think this. Then of course, when shes upset about Jake again in 221 Lucas is the one to cheer her up. He's also the one to be there for her on the beach in 223 when shes upset. Its just so obvious to me, even in their worst season, that there was still somethign there between them. As much as I hate season 2 I can still find many clues and indications that they were going back there. The peyton box being the biggest clue. If I found box of stuff of my boyfriends ex girlfriend i would be PISSEDDDDDDD.

Quote:
How would it be an slap to the face? I always wanted her with Luke but it doesn't mean she couldn't date Anna, especially if they gave them an realistic break up and didn't put LP back together right way.
Because its not cool to take a straight girl, then tell people she is bisexual, just to break her up and put her back with the male. Its just icky writing. Had peyton been bisexual from the beginning, then sure, it would have been okay, but I just prefer they did a real genuine girl/girl storyline instead of trying to make peyton be that representation.

Lucas was a HORRIBLE boyfriend to Brooke, don't even get me started on that one. He really just didnt care about her feelings or take her into consideration EVER. He just overlooked her. It says a lot about his true feelings for her.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:57 PM
  #2
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 381,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
[B] My issue with Naley wasnt that they had a SL the whole series but I just wish they had been broken up a bit longer. Like, when they got the annulment in season 3 I wish it just would have stuck. I would have liked to see Nathan cold towards her for a lot longer and then when Haley gave up trying maybe she starts dating someone else (or even Nathan starts dating someone else) and then they decide to move on. Then slowly we can see Nathan coming back around and I would love if they had gotten back together at the end of season 4 instead. But this time they decide to take things slow and date the right way before deciding to get married. Then in season 5 we coulda seen them happy and then Nathan could have proposed again at the start or mid season 5. I just think that would have been 100x better. Then she could have gotten pregnant at the end of season 5 and they could have done his depression storyline still with the accident and stuff, just later on.
Yeah, it would have been interesting for the angst to drag out for the season, but for two whole seasons? That would have just going annoying after a while imo. I actually liked how Naley didn't date anyone else after they got together in S1, especially since everyone else was changing partners like they did t-shirts lol and the show needed a couple that. I wouldn't have Naley get married at the end of S1 and had they get promise rings instead, then in S2 Haley gets scholarship offer to Europe for a few months for an school (instead of the tour) and they argue about it & break over it and Haley leaves until the end of the season, with Nathan spending the rest of the season focusing on basketball/friends. The first 10-15 episodes would be about Naley working their way together while they introduce Chris with Haley discovering her music talent and which leads to them working together (nothing romantic happens though) and Nathan gets a bit jealous while they work through that. The school shooting and they would spend a bit of time getting over, with rest of season 3/4 being about both parties focusing on their passions while deciding where they should go to college. Even though I didn't like they got married at the end of S1, I'm not sure how to fit in that happening in season 5 and 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
[B] I never got the vibe that Peyton was over Lucas. All through season 2 I just felt like her feelings were still lingering. First with the letter stuff and her acting so down about all of that, and then not being enthused about being on the dating website. Then we get that speech from her in 203 about being the disappointment and she just seems so sad and so lost. I refuse to believe that Lucas wasn't part of that sadness. What else would it have been from? Then we just start to see her feeling more lonely and isolated. The scene in 205 in the church showed how she was hurting. And I really think her lack of interaction/friendship with Lucas was part of it. When Lucas asked Anna to dance in 209, she was REALLY upset and then that whole night in 209 she was just super lonely and depressed. The 210 scene spoke for itself too? I mean, if Lucas hadn't been part of her depression then she wouldn't have been so upset with him! And whenever Anna mentioned Lucas she looked sad. Only when Jake came back did she finally seem happier but again, i think it was because he was a big distraction to her. When he brought up Lucas after he found the condoms in her drawer she was like "oh we never did that" and to me, seemed sad then too. I could be slightly biased but there were just too many instances to make me think this. Then of course, when shes upset about Jake again in 221 Lucas is the one to cheer her up. He's also the one to be there for her on the beach in 223 when shes upset. Its just so obvious to me, even in their worst season, that there was still somethign there between them. As much as I hate season 2 I can still find many clues and indications that they were going back there. The peyton box being the biggest clue. If I found box of stuff of my boyfriends ex girlfriend i would be PISSEDDDDDDD.
Peyton definitely missed Luke a lot, but the writers had her acted way too clingy with Jake in the second half of S2 for a lot of people to believe she was still into Luke. Those hints were something only an LP fan would see and not some casual fan. Rebuilding their friendship in the second half of S2 instead of JP would have allowed more people to see she wasn't over Luke imo and it would have been much better for her and Luke as characters in the long run imo. The Peyton box was good and I laugh that people think he kept it to remind him of Brooke, since he would have had an box of Brooke's stuff if that was true. I would have loved to have seen an LP scene talking about the box tbh.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
[B]
Because its not cool to take a straight girl, then tell people she is bisexual, just to break her up and put her back with the male. Its just icky writing. Had peyton been bisexual from the beginning, then sure, it would have been okay, but I just prefer they did a real genuine girl/girl storyline instead of trying to make peyton be that representation.

Lucas was a HORRIBLE boyfriend to Brooke, don't even get me started on that one. He really just didnt care about her feelings or take her into consideration EVER. He just overlooked her. It says a lot about his true feelings for her.
Yeah that's true, but maybe they could have used that storyline for Peyton to realise that she was bisexual. I don't know if it would have icky writing tbh, since it's not like every same sex couple lasts. Besides Peyton, who else would you have done that storyline for with the girls on the show?

He definitely was lol and it annoys me when people blame Peyton for BL issues when her feelings shouldn't have that much of an effect on their relationship. Luke never loved as much as he claimed he did imo.

Last edited by stlavin95; 06-23-2017 at 06:16 PM
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:36 PM
  #3
Fan Forum Star

 
Alexa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 135,991
no the angst wouldnt be dragged out really, they would just date other people lol. they could be on friend terms by the start of season 4 and then it could come back around later.

Quote:
I actually liked how Naley didn't date anyone else after they got together in S1, especially since everyone else was changing partners like they did t-shirts lol and the show needed a couple that.
meh I dont think it "needed" it. A show with a couple together for 9 seasons is just too much and it got really stale and boring to me.

NH getting married was just unrealistic to me because it didnt seem like they liked each other THAT much. they were still juniors and it seemed OOC for me for EITHER of them to get married. Haley was a smart girl that i just dont think would have done it that early, shes a rational thinker. And Nathan imo wouldnt have been THAT serious with haley that quick, he seems like the type that would have been a bit scared of that commitment since he was scared to date her in the first place.


Quote:
Peyton definitely missed Luke a lot, but the writers had her acted way too clingy with Jake in the second half of S2 for a lot of people to believe she was still into Luke. Those hints were something only an LP fan would see and not some casual fan.
I think thats true but only because casual viewers arent really aware of everything that happened. i started the show in season 2 and didnt even know LP had been together. But that doesnt mean that she was over Lucas. Mark maybe in the back of his head always intended for it not to be over between them, even if it wasnt obvious to casual viewers yet.

i mean casual viewers probably thought BL made a great couple in season 3. But anyone with a brain and eyes would have seen how toxic they were and how they were being written as not working.

I do agree about the peyton box, I wish peyton would have asked lucas bout it. but knowing him and his denial he would have just said he forgot to throw it out. it would have been cool to see the peyton box again in season 6 or something though.


Quote:
I don't know if it would have icky writing tbh, since it's not like every same sex couple lasts. Besides Peyton, who else would you have done that storyline for with the girls on the show?
it would be icky writing because they already established that lP were meant to end up together so it would have been just a ploy to make a character bisexual. the only way it would have worked imho is if peyton dated another female after anna so it was establshed she wasnt just experimenting, and then in that case she wouldnt have been able to be with lucas for a really long time. iDK, i just wouldnt be a fan of that at all.

i think rachel or bevin being bisexual could have been an interesting way to go, or shelly the clean teen. or even quinn could have been bisexual since her introduction, or alex. there was a lot of options. and the one thing OTH sucked at was showing gay or bi representation. We only had Anna and then that gay character in season 7 i think, but even he got no focus.
Alexa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 11:35 PM
  #4
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 381,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
no the angst wouldnt be dragged out really, they would just date other people lol. they could be on friend terms by the start of season 4 and then it could come back around later.

meh I dont think it "needed" it. A show with a couple together for 9 seasons is just too much and it got really stale and boring to me.

NH getting married was just unrealistic to me because it didnt seem like they liked each other THAT much. they were still juniors and it seemed OOC for me for EITHER of them to get married. Haley was a smart girl that i just dont think would have done it that early, shes a rational thinker. And Nathan imo wouldnt have been THAT serious with haley that quick, he seems like the type that would have been a bit scared of that commitment since he was scared to date her in the first place.
That would be dragged out for me lol, I would have wanted Naley back together by the end of S3 and most people would have imo. Every other couple on the show dated other people so it really wouldn't have added anything to the show for me to see Naley added to that already long list. My issue isn't that they were together for 9 seasons, it's that they were married for pretty much all of that since I felt it was OOC for both characters and it tied them down for storyline wise.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I think thats true but only because casual viewers arent really aware of everything that happened. i started the show in season 2 and didnt even know LP had been together. But that doesnt mean that she was over Lucas. Mark maybe in the back of his head always intended for it not to be over between them, even if it wasnt obvious to casual viewers yet.

i mean casual viewers probably thought BL made a great couple in season 3. But anyone with a brain and eyes would have seen how toxic they were and how they were being written as not working.

I do agree about the peyton box, I wish peyton would have asked lucas bout it. but knowing him and his denial he would have just said he forgot to throw it out. it would have been cool to see the peyton box again in season 6 or something though.
I just think they should have shown that Peyton wasn't over Lucas in S2 in a much better way. Her playing house with Jake in the second half and acted like her life revolved around that gave non LP fans the impression that she was over Luke and in love with Jake. Lol at the BL comment and even fans of them thought that so it really wouldn't surprise me. Season 6 would have been way too later for them to bring them up imo and I would have much preferred it in S3 or 4, at the latest.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
it would be icky writing because they already established that lP were meant to end up together so it would have been just a ploy to make a character bisexual. the only way it would have worked imho is if peyton dated another female after anna so it was establshed she wasnt just experimenting, and then in that case she wouldnt have been able to be with lucas for a really long time. iDK, i just wouldnt be a fan of that at all.

i think rachel or bevin being bisexual could have been an interesting way to go, or shelly the clean teen. or even quinn could have been bisexual since her introduction, or alex. there was a lot of options. and the one thing OTH sucked at was showing gay or bi representation. We only had Anna and then that gay character in season 7 i think, but even he got no focus.
Peyton could have dated another girl in the missing years after her and Luke broke up lol. I wouldn't have minded an recurring character being bi but I think someone out of the core 5 needed to experiment and the other character that could have done is Brooke.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:03 AM
  #5
Obsessed Fan

 
Slayerette89's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,780
Tftnt! Love the title.

I would have been down with a bi or lesbian Haley too. Just get rid of NH altogether. Though I know the general audience wouldn't have liked that, given that ship had more fans than everybody else combined. But... it's not like I care what ppl other than me want anyway .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I do agree about the peyton box, I wish peyton would have asked lucas bout it. but knowing him and his denial he would have just said he forgot to throw it out. it would have been cool to see the peyton box again in season 6 or something though.
This, especially the bolded. Idk if it was intentional or not on the writers' part, but the way Lucas reacted to Brooke finding the box was far more of an indicator that he had some buried feelings than the existence of the box itself. He could have also said it's just memories that have nothing to do with how he feels now. But "I kept a box full of girl I cheated on you with to remind myself of how I screwed up with you." Riiigth. That makes sense.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:18 AM
  #6
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 381,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
Tftnt! Love the title.

I would have been down with a bi or lesbian Haley too. Just get rid of NH altogether. Though I know the general audience wouldn't have liked that, given that ship had more fans than everybody else combined. But... it's not like I care what ppl other than me want anyway .
Haley never really struck me as an bi or lesbian, but it definitely would have been interesting to see. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
This, especially the bolded. Idk if it was intentional or not on the writers' part, but the way Lucas reacted to Brooke finding the box was far more of an indicator that he had some buried feelings than the existence of the box itself. He could have also said it's just memories that have nothing to do with how he feels now. But "I kept a box full of girl I cheated on you with to remind myself of how I screwed up with you." Riiigth. That makes sense.
Yeah this ridiculous response acted showed me he still had some lingering feelings since the response make no sense whatsoever since if he wanted to remind himself of Brooke, wouldn't he keep an box full of her stuff. It came off to me that he wanted to convince himself and Brooke that Peyton didn't mean anything to him in a romantic sense anymore (which he clearly failed). Wasn't earlier in that episode (or the one before) that Brooke said it was okay that he still loved Peyton and he didn't really deny it?
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:50 AM
  #7
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 169,690
Going to say this first coolest title i oove it .. now i need to read
__________________
" I'm Barry Allen "
" I'm Barry Allen "

The Flashes ( Tv & movie)
Summer Falls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 08:12 PM
  #8
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 381,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Going to say this first coolest title i oove it .. now i need to read
Okay
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:27 AM
  #9
Obsessed Fan

 
Slayerette89's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 5,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Wasn't earlier in that episode (or the one before) that Brooke said it was okay that he still loved Peyton and he didn't really deny it?
She did and he didn't, but I think the implication was that she misunderstood the box and his feelings. They were trying to shove BL retcon tru wuvness very hard that entire season.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:44 AM
  #10
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 381,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
She did and he didn't, but I think the implication was that she misunderstood the box and his feelings. They were trying to shove BL retcon tru wuvness very hard that entire season.
Yeah that's true, but I would have still denied it with I was Luke. Yes they were, which I hated tbh.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 06:17 AM
  #11
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 169,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yeah that's true, but I would have still denied it with I was Luke. Yes they were, which I hated tbh.
agreed i think he was just hurt
__________________
" I'm Barry Allen "
" I'm Barry Allen "

The Flashes ( Tv & movie)
Summer Falls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 03:28 PM
  #12
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 381,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
agreed i think he was just hurt
He thought Peyton had moved on, so he did too and fell in love with Brooke (even though we didn't see this development.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:26 PM
  #13
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 169,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
He thought Peyton had moved on, so he did too and fell in love with Brooke (even though we didn't see this development.
It was a quick thing seei g as he was in love with peyton for so long but than again he did that with Lindsey
__________________
" I'm Barry Allen "
" I'm Barry Allen "

The Flashes ( Tv & movie)
Summer Falls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:36 AM
  #14
Fan Forum Legend

 
stlavin95's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 381,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
It was a quick thing seei g as he was in love with peyton for so long but than again he did that with Lindsey
He was just an rebound though who he developed some feelings, but never was in love with.
stlavin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:21 AM
  #15
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 169,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
He was just an rebound though who he developed some feelings, but never was in love with.
them?? some people do it they try so hard i think he did love them but peyton was always more
__________________
" I'm Barry Allen "
" I'm Barry Allen "

The Flashes ( Tv & movie)
Summer Falls is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
general discussion, one tree hill, rant


Forum Affiliates
Hilarie Burton Daily
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:37 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2020.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST