Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Being with Brooke definitely annoyed me since in season 3 he was an likeable character despite of it, not because of it. Brooke definitely grew as a character, but not so much in HS years. Maybe that would have been different if BL weren't together in seasons 2 and 3.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:49 PM
Elite Fan

1x18 was a great NP episode and the HJ chemistry was so sparkly in that episode. It makes me wish they had stuck with the original triangle, they could have brought NP back together in an interesting way later in that season, imo. It felt like there were lingering feelings on both sides in that episode, especially in the scene where they talk and share a kiss.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
1x18 was a great NP episode and the HJ chemistry was so sparkly in that episode. It makes me wish they had stuck with the original triangle, they could have brought NP back together in an interesting way later in that season, imo. It felt like there were lingering feelings on both sides in that episode, especially in the scene where they talk and share a kiss.
That episode made me think they were toying with the idea of putting NP back together in S2 and I don't think they planned on the Naley marriage until the last minute. If they stuck with the NPL triangle, the end of season 1 would have been too early to put NP back together imo, especially they were both in love with other people at the time. I would have things with Naley the same thing (minus the marriage & tour stuff) until around 2.10/11 where Haley gets an scholarship offer to go to school for a few months in Europe and NH would break up over it. Peyton and Nathan would start hanging out more and they eventually get together with them dating for a while until they break up due to their feelings for Haley and Luke respectively.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
^ Being with Brooke definitely annoyed me since in season 3 he was an likeable character despite of it, not because of it. Brooke definitely grew as a character, but not so much in HS years. Maybe that would have been different if BL weren't together in seasons 2 and 3.
Yer season 3 brooke/luke was annoying i like brooke on her own but thag how triangpe got so annoying
Old 06-22-2017, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Yer season 3 brooke/luke was annoying i like brooke on her own but that how triangle got so annoying
Yeah, they made the big mistake of going back to BL in S2 since both characters suffered a lot because of it.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

BL contributed to my Brooke dislike, but she would have probably been one of my least favorite characters even if it hadn't been for BL. Oth writer's imo had terrible ideas and even worse execution of how Brooke's character should evolve. Super boring, forced, badly written and badly acted. Though, to be fair, that's not a problem with Brooke only on this show.

Re: NP romance, I'm glad they didn't go there again just because I would hate any kind of tension over boys between Peyton and Haley. Also, given how toxic their relationship was and how incompatible they seemed to be, I didn't really need to see them try again. With that said, if it wasn't written too badly and didn't damage PH, I guess I could live with them being revisited. I did definitely always find them more interesting than Peyton/Jake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
That's okay haha. Would have more storylines outside of basketball kinda helped in that regard?
Maybe. But I actually kinda liked Nathan/basketball. His passion for it felt very genuine and that's one of rare areas where I didn't feel he was dull and lifeless. Though he definitely could have used some more interests and sls, unrelated to either basketball or relationships.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
Re: NP romance, I'm glad they didn't go there again just because I would hate any kind of tension over boys between Peyton and Haley. Also, given how toxic their relationship was and how incompatible they seemed to be, I didn't really need to see them try again. With that said, if it wasn't written too badly and didn't damage PH, I guess I could live with them being revisited. I did definitely always find them more interesting than Peyton/Jake.
I definitely have been up for NP happening again if PH handled it maturely, which they would have imo since their communication didn't suck like BP's did. An massive reason why NP were toxic in S1 was because of the person they were at the time and they both had developed as people since then so I could see them working again for a while. Lol, anything was more interesting than Jeyton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerette89 (View Post)
Maybe. But I actually kinda liked Nathan/basketball. His passion for it felt very genuine and that's one of rare areas where I didn't feel he was dull and lifeless. Though he definitely could have used some more interests and sls, unrelated to either basketball or relationships.
What other interests should have Nathan had?
Old 07-11-2017, 04:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

What's everyone's favourite NP episode? Personally would be 1.18 or 4.13.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:00 PM
Elite Fan

^ 1x18 for me as well. I also liked seeing them support each other toward the end of s2 and in early s3.
Old 07-12-2017, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I really loved their friendship at that point in the show and I missed we saw more of it.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

They also had some nice scenes in s4 but they were few and far between.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, that sucked.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:32 AM
Moderator Support Team

I love the episode of their last day in HS that was awesome
Old 07-14-2017, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

4.21 was an great episode
Old 07-15-2017, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Not my favorite episode but I did like the NP scene in that one.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread