Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2020, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane (View Post)
Especially during that season.

I agree, for me it did come a bit out of nowhere... just during season 3...
And when she was with Jake I always felt like her feelings for anyone else just disappeared.

Do you think they could've let it work if Jake didn't hear that in her sleep?
Old 09-14-2020, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree. I don’t understand their insistence at showing us she was in love Lucas if he was busy pining over Brooke. Peyton could’ve had her happy ending with Jake. I always find the scene in the library when she tell Lucas she loves him to be so freaking cringe. I always thought Peyton was too good for him.

They definitely could’ve stayed together if he hadn’t heard her. I wish she hadn’t said it at all.
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 09-14-2020, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I agree. I don’t understand their insistence at showing us she was in love Lucas if he was busy pining over Brooke. Peyton could’ve had her happy ending with Jake. I always find the scene in the library when she tell Lucas she loves him to be so freaking cringe. I always thought Peyton was too good for him.

They definitely could’ve stayed together if he hadn’t heard her. I wish she hadn’t said it at all.

That's how I felt. In season 1 Peyton was definitely in love with Lucas, in season 2 I felt earlier on her feelings slipped away from him, especially when she was upset with him over sleeping with Nikki and trying to repair her friendship with Brooke. Peyton fell into that depressing when her life was falling a part and Lucas wanted to be the perfect friend there for her but she didn't want him involved since she felt abandoned by him so he called Jake! Jake was the one who got her out of taking those pills and that get out of that depressing. Lucas knew Jake would be the key and that was an amazing friend thing for him to do and when Jake returned, we saw the light in Peyton's eye again. She finally got to be happy again.

Again during season 3, I felt Lucas and Peyton regained a small friendship even if it wasn't the same as season 1, and of course, Lucas saves Peyton life and of course Peyton had to be grateful for that. So I felt that as her loving him as a friend and she appreciated him being there for her, I didn't take it as her having romantic feelings for him since we didn't get that lingering from Peyton when Brooke/Lucas were together.

So my brain was all over the place. lol
Old 09-14-2020, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think S2 was meant to be for Jeyton and him coming back was so important in getting Peyton out of her sadness and self-destructive behavior. S1 was messy for LP and so was S3 and S5. I hate that every time they brought LP together, it was so messy and at the expense of other people getting hurt. Lucas was never pining over Peyton the way he was over Brooke in those earlier seasons so I didn’t want to see Peyton waiting around for him. I wanted her to be with someone else, especially if it was Jake.
Old 09-14-2020, 12:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I think S2 was meant to be for Jeyton and him coming back was so important in getting Peyton out of her sadness and self-destructive behavior. S1 was messy for LP and so was S3 and S5. I hate that every time they brought LP together, it was so messy and at the expense of other people getting hurt. Lucas was never pining over Peyton the way he was over Brooke in those earlier seasons so I didn’t want to see Peyton waiting around for him. I wanted her to be with someone else, especially if it was Jake.

For me, the only time I truly brought LP was during early season 1 because they both truly loved each other... I just wish they were a bit more out there with their feelings before Lucas started dating Brooke... Lucas was trash for telling Brooke that he loved her knowing how much he was loving Peyton.

I started buying LP again during the middle of season 5, and some of season 6. At least it wasn't as rushed or at times unrealistic as I felt it was during season 3 and I guess early season 4. I just didn't buy into their feelings for each other after what I watched for 2 seasons.

I'll always wonder how J/P story would've ended if Bryan never chose to leave OTH for October Road. That was why the season ended with Jake getting arrested.
Season 1 will always have a special place in my heart though because it was all J/P and nothing else. Both of them were all in and Peyton love for Jake's daughter was a plus.

Also, the fact that Peyton didn't have to deal with a love triangle was nice as well.
I loved Peyton as a person more when she was with Jake.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn’t like the whole BLP nonsense in S1 though regardless of LP’s feelings toward one another. I definitely didn’t like that Peyton cheated with Lucas and went behind Brooke’s back. Lucas was just so toxic for her imo all the way until mid S4. I hated Lucas in S5 and I didn’t want Peyton with him AT ALL. I wanted Peyton to fall back in love with music and drawing and do her own thing. But they made her pine and suffer over Lucas the whole time. And then as soon as he proposes to her after almost marrying Lindsay, she just runs back to him.

I didn’t know that about Bryan!
Old 09-14-2020, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I didn’t like the whole BLP nonsense in S1 though regardless of LP’s feelings toward one another. I definitely didn’t like that Peyton cheated with Lucas and went behind Brooke’s back. Lucas was just so toxic for her imo all the way until mid S4. I hated Lucas in S5 and I didn’t want Peyton with him AT ALL. I wanted Peyton to fall back in love with music and drawing and do her own thing. But they made her pine and suffer over Lucas the whole time. And then as soon as he proposes to her after almost marrying Lindsay, she just runs back to him.

I didn’t know that about Bryan!

I agree. That's why I didn't care to be invested in any pairing during that season. Lucas was a hot mess. L/P would've worked out better for me if they kept Peyton with Nathan since that's why I was liking L/P in the beginning... Nathan was so terrible so I enjoyed the LP scenes because of that... Brooke involvement is what messed up everything to me.
I agree with you on Peyton... and Lucas was a mess. Can't believe he just easily left because Peyton said that they should get married SOMEDAY, not today... he didn't even wait. He just sped out that relationship...
Lucas was a mess.
I always believed in the long run Lucas wouldn't be loyal to anyone... we've seen proof of that through the series.

Yeah! They wanted Bryan as a series regular. Even in one of the episode commentaries they were asking him to return to the show. lol. They had his opening credits ready whenever he wanted to join in as a regular. lol
So the issue with the J/P story was it being cut because of Bryan not signing on full time! URG! So many what if's! Guess they should've hurried and offered him a series regular spot after season 1, probably things would've been so different. lol
Old 09-14-2020, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lucas was a hot mess and such a hypocrite! He ran away from Peyton because she wasn’t ready to get married and didn’t bother to consider how young they still were. He was so selfish trying to rush her into something. That’s not what you do when you love someone. Then there’s Jake who let her go because he knew she loved someone else.

Oh man, I didn’t know all that about Bryan!! I wish they would’ve made him a series regular earlier on since that other show didn’t even last.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Lucas was a hot mess and such a hypocrite! He ran away from Peyton because she wasn’t ready to get married and didn’t bother to consider how young they still were. He was so selfish trying to rush her into something. That’s not what you do when you love someone. Then there’s Jake who let her go because he knew she loved someone else.

Oh man, I didn’t know all that about Bryan!! I wish they would’ve made him a series regular earlier on since that other show didn’t even last.

Yep! I didn't like Lucas at all during that. I actually found B/L much more likable that season mainly because I felt they really had a mature relationship and I guess no romance was a part of it! When Lucas came to her after his break up, I love that Brooke showed her maturity and didn't fall into old ways.

And that shows the difference between Jake. Jake loved Peyton more than he loved anyone else (with his daughter of course) but he let her go for she can be her happiness. He knew that she loved him but he accepted that circumstances changed feelings and couldn't resent her for the feelings she now had.

Same here! If he stayed, then they probably would've gone into season 3 as a happy couple.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Brooke a lot in S5. She was one of the characters with the best character growth imo.

Jake was better for Peyton imo even though I love LP.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I loved Brooke a lot in S5. She was one of the characters with the best character growth imo.

Jake was better for Peyton imo even though I love LP.

She did have one of the best growth and showed even more what an amazing friend she was. Dropped a lot when Peyton needed her.

At least with Jake you didn't need to worry about another woman he's going to love or a tantrum for no reason. lol
It's why season 3 hurt so much because Jake/Nikki was finally on good terms so none of that would've come between them anymore.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

That’s so true. She was such a supportive friend to Peyton in S5 and S6.

In a lot of ways, Lucas brought out the worst in Peyton.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That’s so true. She was such a supportive friend to Peyton in S5 and S6.

In a lot of ways, Lucas brought out the worst in Peyton.

Yes, she was! It was just amazing to see the person she turned out to be.

He did which was why Peyton was one of my least favorites in season 1 although I felt her tragic story was written sadly. Lucas was actually my favorite character until the triangle happened and ruined his character. Mid season I started preferring Nathan more...

Season 2 when Jake returned was the first time I truly started enjoying Peyton.
Old 09-14-2020, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with you about it probably being different if she’d stayed with Nathan instead while liking Lucas. I don’t like how they put two female characters against each other, especially when they were best friends. A lot of fans hated Peyton because of that.

Peyton was way too OOC for me in S2. Jake came and changed all of that. He made her so happy and for once she wasn’t crying over a boy.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I agree with you about it probably being different if she’d stayed with Nathan instead while liking Lucas. I don’t like how they put two female characters against each other, especially when they were best friends. A lot of fans hated Peyton because of that.

Peyton was way too OOC for me in S2. Jake came and changed all of that. He made her so happy and for once she wasn’t crying over a boy.

Yep! Because during that stage you could totally see why she would fall for Lucas with how toxic her relationship with Nathan was. She just deserved much better which is why in the beginning I enjoyed L/P and when Jake/Peyton scenes happened I enjoyed them but wasn't full in shipper! I just loved their scenes. Season 2 was when I was all in!
Yes agree with you about putting two female BFF's against each other was a mess.

Yes! I loved that we got to see Peyton be so happy and it was because of Jake. I felt that season 2 stretch with Jake before Nikki returned was the happiest we ever saw Peyton.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread