Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2016, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It does lol.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Season 5 is probably my favourite LP season to debate
It provides a lot of discussion, that's for sure but it's far from being my favorite LP season. But you knew that already.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
It provides a lot of discussion, that's for sure but it's far from being my favorite LP season. But you knew that already.
I did haha
Old 12-29-2016, 06:36 PM
Elite Fan

Besides s1, what's your favorite LP season?
Old 12-29-2016, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

For me, season 3. ^ That was the season that I caught up with the show so watching their scenes play out was like heaven to me. All the 310 scenes, the 316 scenes, 317 and smaller moments were just like to me so see play out. I loved seeing Peyton's feelings return.

I did like season 4 in the beginning, I loved the LP friendship a lot but once they became a couple IDK, I was slightly bored. I think I preferred season 5 to season 4 in parts only because I loved the angst. Im an angst girl. And i wanted to see how it would play out. The post 513 scenes kinda sucked and i didnt like how they had lucas be so depressed over Lindsey but the first half was great. 2 was obviously the worst season. 6 was amazing in terms of like, cute scenes and interactions but IDK, happy couples do tend to bore me a little bit and I felt like LP were just a tad cheesey that season, I would have preferred more tension and sexy moments. I liked the 617 stuff because it gave them some realistic drama that wasnt about cheating about anything. I would have liked to see more meaty storylines like that for them during the season. I did love the Lucas jealously stuff over Julian though.

So if I had rank:
season 1
season 3
season 4
season 5
season 6
season 2

but its really hard for me to rank 4/5/6 because they are different, so it depends on what you are looking for I guess.

Quote:
When you list the s2 LP references like that, it's a lot more than it seems like on the surface. And as always, you have a great LP memory.
I was obsessed with LP for so many years and the show, so I remember a lot about it.

And yeah most of the moments are so small but its still nice to see those as you are watching and remind yourself that LP were always there on some level.

Quote:
I think Peyton never fell out of love with Lucas. That's why she was so angry with him in the s1 finale and in 2x10. She wouldn't have been that angry if she didn't still have feelings for him.
Agree, I still feel like a lot of her sadness in season 2 stemmed from losing Lucas and that relationship. Lucas didn’t try as hard to stay in her life and it affected her. Calling Jake was like putting a bandaid over the real problem. I mean we saw in season 3 when she went back to Jake she wasn’t truly happy because she missed Lucas.

I finally watched more LP scenes last night, from 112. Wish I had time to watch more but I have other things going on. But after new years ill try to get back on a schedule.

Anyways, amazing episode, OBVIOUSLY. So iconic!

I realize that BL are dating but it was so annoying watching Brooke fawn all over Lucas right in front of Peyton.

Lucas trying to calm Peyton down was really sweet. And funny that we hear about Peyton’s grandmother when we never once saw her on the show.

It’s also funny that someone had to “Stay by the phone”. No cell phones? And honestly Lucas should have stayed while Peyton and Brooke went to find her dad. And it was cute that Lucas was driving. I loved after he said “thats what friends are for” Peyton said “yeah” all sad and looked at him. GUH.

When the guy said to grab a hotel you could see the obvious tension between them. And the whole sharing the bed bit, and Lucas watching Peyton as she slept. <3

The little hug outside was so cute. And hot damn that kiss in the hotel. Still one of the hottest kisses I’ve seen on a tv show. With the hotel setting and the song and the way Lucas looked at Peyton and how slow they went into it all. It was so good!

What would they have said to Brooke had they been late getting home? But I wish they had talked things out in the car and just decided then that they wanted to be together and to tell Brooke the truth immediately. UGH.

“It didn’t mean anything?”
“Of course it did.”

Last edited by Alexa; 12-29-2016 at 11:08 PM
Old 12-29-2016, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

My ranks would be:
Season 1
Season 3
Season 4
5.01 - 5.12
Season 6
Season 2
5.13 - 5.18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
Agree, I still feel like a lot of her sadness in season 2 stemmed from losing Lucas and that relationship. Lucas didn’t try as hard to stay in her life and it affected her. Calling Jake was like putting a bandaid over the real problem. I mean we saw in season 3 when she went back to Jake she wasn’t truly happy because she missed Lucas.
Yeah she definitely upset about Lucas in season 2 even if she didn't want to admit it and while Jake could make her forget about it for a few weeks, it's not something he could've done in the long term. While she definitely loved him, I think she projected her feelings for Lucas onto Jake and her feelings were no where near as deep as her feelings for Lucas and Jake's feelings for her.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:09 PM
Elite Fan

I think the problem with LP as a couple is the fact that Mark isn't great at writing couples. He's good at the build up but not the delivery. I did love seeing them together though and loved a lot of their moments together. But their angst was pretty great as well as their friendship. For me it would be: 1, 4, 3, 2, 6, 5. Probably. Ask me again tomorrow and the order may change. And I'm talking strictly LP scenes here, not the storylines as a whole.

That s2 theory is very interesting. I think a lot of things were hitting her at once: Jake, her friend, left town and her dad was gone. She was still dealing with what Lucas did with Nikki, etc etc. I don't think it was all about her mom like she tried to say it was. I think she just wished her mom was around to help her make sense of her feelings. Peyton told Haley she was in love with Lucas in 1x14 so there's no way that just went away. Peyton isn't that type of person.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Agreed, I've felt that Mark was good at writing couples up until the moment he puts them together and then he was no idea what to do with them. What bothered me a bit about season 2 is that she was pissed at Lucas for not being there for her but Jake was there for her even less and he could 'fix' all of her issues? That makes no sense to me lol. Her issues weren't just about her mom though. Her feelings (& same with Lucas') wouldn't have disappeared over night.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:41 PM
Elite Fan

If you notice after Lucas told her that he cared about her, she looked like she regretted lashing out at him. But she was too stubborn/proud to admit it until a few episodes later. I think a part of her was just still holding onto the hurt after the Nikki thing in s1. If she was angry at him, she wouldn't make the mistake of loving him again. I don't think she realized that's what she was doing, that's just how it seemed to me.
Old 01-01-2017, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah that's the way I saw it too.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
It’s also funny that someone had to “Stay by the phone”. No cell phones? And honestly Lucas should have stayed while Peyton and Brooke went to find her dad.
How dare you question Mark's plot devices? On a more serious note, would cell phones have been common back in the day? I've completely lost the memory of what technology was widespread then.

Jake and his brat magically making all of Peyton's problems go away makes me wanna vomit to this day.

As for LP, that season was pretending that s1 LP was a mistake on the road to BL and JP's tru wuvness, so they made Peyton's perspective ooc imo. Especially mid season when she started cheerleading BL. Wasn't there also a deleted s3 scene where she says she's team Brucas? That's vomit inducing as well.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There was? Don't think I've heard of that scene. That was one of the big things about JP I hated.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:59 PM
Elite Fan

Cell phones weren't that big of a thing back then. No one I knew in high school had a cell phone, from what I remember. It was more of a college thing. I didn't have a cell until college at least.

I try to block out most of s2 aside from the PH and LP scenes.

If there's a s3 scene where Peyton was a cheerleader for BL, I must've missed it. But she did do enough of it on the actual show. She was just being supportive of Brooke. Sometimes she looked uncertain in scenes like that.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I block it out as well. Peyton being Team Brucas was really annoying.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

About the cells, show was kinda consistent with the real world in that regard then. They do start using cells more in the later seasons, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
I try to block out most of s2 aside from the PH and LP scenes.
That's the best way to approach that season.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread