Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2018, 03:26 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry I sometimes get mixed up as to which thread I'm in.

I think we could've just seen Lucas making more of an effort to be a better friend to Peyton after 1x10. I think he did what he thought was best at the time, calling Jake, but I would've eliminated that storyline entirely. I think we could've just gotten more scenes of Lucas treading lightly around Peyton, slowly earning her trust again, until it got to the point where she let him back into her life with that hug at the end of s2. I think maybe she could've embraced him after finding out about Ellie and letting him into her heart again. I liked that they were friends in s3 and I would've kept those scenes the same with her slowly realizing she's still in love with him at the end of s3. Their bond grew and deepened in s3. I think she had to be the one to realize it first since she's the one who pushed him away three times in s1/s2. I think they could've just had Lucas still aware he was in love with her, just pushing his feelings back for the sake of their friendship and him being hesitant to try again in fear of hurting her again/being rejected again/ruining what they have now.
Old 07-15-2018, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay

That would have worked a lot better than what we got Though, I think I could have put up with JP is their relationship wasn't as serious and we got to see Lucas pine for Peyton while they dated.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Not sure if I could say the same thing. I guess I just didn't need to see them in other relationships but that's kind of hard to do on a teen drama. That's what fics are for.
Old 07-18-2018, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Fair enough, I just wanted to see Lucas pine for Peyton I would have changed JP's relationship in that version too
Old 07-20-2018, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

I’m sure this has been asked before...

But wondering how you guys would have constructed that hotel scene when they essentially cheated on Brooke. I hate even using the word cheat just because Brooke manipulated and in my mind went behind Peyton’s back in the first place which was despicable. But then again, two wrongs don’t make a right.

So would you guys have deleted their moment in the hotel or how would you have constructed that episode/storyline instead?
Old 07-20-2018, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilpen (View Post)
I’m sure this has been asked before...

But wondering how you guys would have constructed that hotel scene when they essentially cheated on Brooke. I hate even using the word cheat just because Brooke manipulated and in my mind went behind Peyton’s back in the first place which was despicable. But then again, two wrongs don’t make a right.

So would you guys have deleted their moment in the hotel or how would you have constructed that episode/storyline instead?
I would have kept that moment in, but had BL break up before that happened.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
I would have kept that moment in, but had BL break up before that happened.
That works too.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That works too.
Yep

What would have you done?
Old 07-21-2018, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
Yep

What would have you done?

Had them break up like you said.

Another alternative would have been Lucas and Peyton almost kissing but stopping before going there, then talking about it. Both of them mutually expressing their feelings for each other and deciding they wanted to be together but eventually. Lucas would talk to Brooke, break up with her. Then Peyton and Brooke would have talked with Peyton opening up about her feelings for Lucas and admitting that it was very hard to trust which is why she was in denial about her feelings initially for Lucas. Putting it that way, Brooke has to accept this reasoning or else Brooke looks like an even bigger idiot for not having a clue about her supposed best friend for years and how she ticks. The hope would be for Brooke then admitting she should have known better, and played a large part in the situation because she manipulated things to get Lucas to look her way in the first place. Then to really clear the air, Brooke would have told Peyton about sleeping with Nathan. Both of them essentially would feel guilty about stuff but get over it knowing they were honest with each other. Then Lucas and Peyton could have decided to take it slowly (not immediately after this to ease the transition) and within a month or two they’d become official.

Last edited by jediwands; 07-21-2018 at 12:55 PM
Old 07-21-2018, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Had them break up like you said.

Another alternative would have been Lucas and Peyton almost kissing but stopping before going there, then talking about it. Both of them mutually expressing their feelings for each other and deciding they wanted to be together but eventually. Lucas would talk to Brooke, break up with her. Then Peyton and Brooke would have talked with Peyton opening up about her feelings for Lucas and admitting that it was very hard to trust which is why she was in denial about her feelings initially for Lucas. Putting it that way, Brooke has to accept this reasoning or else Brooke looks like an even bigger idiot for not having a clue about her supposed best friend for years and how she ticks. The hope would be for Brooke then admitting she should have known better, and played a large part in the situation because she manipulated things to get Lucas to look her way in the first place. Then to really clear the air, Brooke would have told Peyton about sleeping with Nathan. Both of them essentially would feel guilty about stuff but get over it knowing they were honest with each other. Then Lucas and Peyton could have decided to take it slowly (not immediately after this to ease the transition) and within a month or two they’d become official.
I wouldn't have even wanted them to kiss while BL were together tbh, since that still would have given some fans enough reason to hate on Peyton. Plus I think late S1/early S2 would have too early in the show to put LP together and I actually think they needed to be friends first before they dated.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Great question Michelle! It's a hard one to really answer because of the whole situation that was going on and that "of course it did" scene at the end is kind of iconic LP. An almost kiss or even one kiss would've been enough. I can understand why they kissed in the hotel, Peyton was stressed out and worried about her dad then so relieved when she found out he was okay and then the bracelet. And she was so grateful to Lucas for being there for her during all those scary moments. Emotions were definitely high and her already deep feelings for Lucas were close to the surface. She wasn't thinking. And he wasn't thinking. It wasn't right but it happens. And they stopped when they started thinking again. Because of all those things, I didn't hate LP for what they did even if I disagree with it. But the BL relationship didn't even seem serious in s1. Maybe it was to her, but it wasn't to Lucas. I don't think he expected to have a serious relationship with Brooke and didn't know how to break up with her. I always got the impression that Lucas never had a girlfriend before. So I don't think he knew how to handle her sudden, intense feelings for him when he didn't share them. His heart never stopped being wrapped around Peyton and he made some awful decisions because of that. It actually bothers me more that Brooke knowingly went after a guy she knew Peyton had feelings for. He's to blame for some of that, but he didn't know Peyton as well as she did at that point. But it was never acknowledged by any of the characters that Brooke was wrong as well. It became all LP's fault, as if she had no idea about any of it. When she clearly did. She also saw that Lucas had feelings for Peyton and got involved with him anyway. So as it was, there were a lot of layers to what happened in s1 and I don't hate it like I would on other shows and have. That said, cheating is always wrong and I don't condone it. That's why the LP kiss in s5 bothers me so much. That was a completely different situation. In s1 they were confused teenagers. I think I would've rather seen BL breakup in this same episode or the one before. That would've served the same purpose as what we got without all those tangled threads. If LP kissed right after a BL breakup, when Brooke found them together, she still would've been hurt and mad at Peyton. And Peyton would've still walked away from Lucas for the same reasons.
Old 07-21-2018, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
Great question Michelle! It's a hard one to really answer because of the whole situation that was going on and that "of course it did" scene at the end is kind of iconic LP. An almost kiss or even one kiss would've been enough. I can understand why they kissed in the hotel, Peyton was stressed out and worried about her dad then so relieved when she found out he was okay and then the bracelet. And she was so grateful to Lucas for being there for her during all those scary moments. Emotions were definitely high and her already deep feelings for Lucas were close to the surface. She wasn't thinking. And he wasn't thinking. It wasn't right but it happens. And they stopped when they started thinking again. Because of all those things, I didn't hate LP for what they did even if I disagree with it. But the BL relationship didn't even seem serious in s1. Maybe it was to her, but it wasn't to Lucas. I don't think he expected to have a serious relationship with Brooke and didn't know how to break up with her. I always got the impression that Lucas never had a girlfriend before. So I don't think he knew how to handle her sudden, intense feelings for him when he didn't share them. His heart never stopped being wrapped around Peyton and he made some awful decisions because of that. It actually bothers me more that Brooke knowingly went after a guy she knew Peyton had feelings for. He's to blame for some of that, but he didn't know Peyton as well as she did at that point. But it was never acknowledged by any of the characters that Brooke was wrong as well. It became all LP's fault, as if she had no idea about any of it. When she clearly did. She also saw that Lucas had feelings for Peyton and got involved with him anyway. So as it was, there were a lot of layers to what happened in s1 and I don't hate it like I would on other shows and have. That said, cheating is always wrong and I don't condone it. That's why the LP kiss in s5 bothers me so much. That was a completely different situation. In s1 they were confused teenagers. I think I would've rather seen BL breakup in this same episode or the one before. That would've served the same purpose as what we got without all those tangled threads. If LP kissed right after a BL breakup, when Brooke found them together, she still would've been hurt and mad at Peyton. And Peyton would've still walked away from Lucas for the same reasons.
That's definitely true I think there being an couple of episodes between BL breaking uo and LP kissing would have been the best, since Brooke would have been angry regardless. It always bothered me that Brooke got an few pass in few situations because of LP's mistakes.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

^ We would've gotten the same results if that had happened.
Old 07-22-2018, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossfangirl86 (View Post)
^ We would've gotten the same results if that had happened.
Brooke was going to be mad regardless, due to her quickly developing feelings for Lucas.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Would have have still done the triangle if you were writing S1?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread