Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

3.01 Like You Like An Arsonist

3.01 Like You Like An Arsonist
Wednesday, October 05, 2005 Season Premiere Rating TV-14
8:00 - 9:00 PM ET

WILL DAN SURVIVE THE FIRE? - Lucas (Chad Michael Murray) awaits Brooke's (Sophia Bush) return to Tree Hill after a summer spent with Peyton (Hilarie Burton.) Peyton investigates the mysterious woman who claims to be her mother while Nathan (James Lafferty) must deal with Haley's (Bethany Joy Lenz) reappearance at the same time as the fire at Scott Motors. Dan's (Paul Johansson) fate after the fire is revealed (Note to WB: Do you think we're really that stupid?). Barbara Alyn Woods, Barry Corbin and Moira Kelly, Craig Sheffer also star. Greg Prange directed the episode written by Mark Schwahn.

You may talk about other things besides Peyton but remember to respect other peoples opinions.

My comments after my homework
Old 10-05-2005, 06:36 PM
Master Fan

I cannot even put into words what I thought about Hil's voiceover. It just had me in tears. Hil's voice is so stong and it was just beyond amazing.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Elite Fan

Overall I liked the episode. I didnt expect anything exciting to happen because it is the first episode so I hope they get a little bit more exciting.

NH- I enjoyed them. I really hope that Nathan can forgive Haley and they can get back on track. Its so good to see Nathan shirtless

BH- ugh not sure how I feel about them living together. I dont think it will amount to any sort of storyline. I would still like to know where their friendship came from because I still feel like it came out of the blue

Brooke- Whats up with her taking pictures of her kissing/hugging random guys? It's weird sort of stalkerish or whatever. She wasnt in the episode that much which was a big plus for me.

LB- What a freakin joke they are. Its them going back to pure phyiscal stuff. All Lucas wanted to know what when he could kiss her. Their conversations seem to be pointless. Thought it was pretty funny how Lucas was there for Karen NOT Brooke and she got the wrong impression "Oh Snap". The whole stealing flowers from the neighbors yard. I guess she isnt worth buying flowers for.

LH- I am so happy to see them again. I really missed their friendship last season.

PH- Im mad that Peyton is mad at her. I hope they can work it out because I really enjoy thier friendship.

Dan/adults- Im so mad that Andy wont be back. I really liked him with Karen. Dan hehe got to love the evil man. Karen looks beautiful.

Lucas- Playing basketball when he shouldnt be He should just tell Karen. So I see they havent dropped the heart storyline.

Lee/Mouth- First off I am sooo happy to see Lee in the opening credits. Hopefully he can get with Brooke now and leave Lucas for Peyton

Saving the best for last......
LP- Let me start with damn 5 scenes I think thats more than the whole season 2 I loev their friendship all the cute stuff they said to each other. I just want to hug them both. I am glad that Peyton told him about her mother thing. Im sure he can help her. I look forward to lots and lots of more scenes with these two. O lastly.....3 months together ALONE. I think a little something something happend

Peyton- I actually liked her and the new Larry. I know a lot of people dont like the new Larry but I dont mind him. I thought the speech he gave Peyton about not blaming her mother(the dead one) was touching and I cryed a little. I loved Peytons voice over at the end. Surpised that she had one. She looked beautiful tonight. I really like the short hair. I do prefer the curls but I can deal with the short.

I think thats about it.

Not looking forward to next episode but I guess it will just further prove that LB is nothing more then phyiscal
Old 10-06-2005, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

Great post Jen. I loved the whole eppy minus about eh...two-three scenes, but I hated the part where Brooke was talking to Lucas and she's like "I have to go deal with Peyton's faux mom thing." I mean seriously. She didn't have to make it sound like it was such a burden. I loved LP it was just awsome, "Alright Tom Sawyer, if you're lucky I'll let you help me. If you're really lucky I'll let you paint."

"Britta makes me feel like the guy I am after New Year's..."
"Back to who I really am."
breaking silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:46 AM
Extreme Fan

I really enjoyed Peyton last night. She showed so many different aspects of her personality, which was great to see. I really don't understand why some people are complaining about her on the OTH board.
*CarlyBabes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Absolute Fan

I really loved this episode. Hilarie was great. Absolutley loved the voiceover. The peyton/larry scenes were so touching. I think i could warm up to the new larry. Love when she shows emotion. so heart breaking. great episode

"can we take a ride, get out of this place while we still have time?"
terresita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

You know, I didn't expected more of what we got. It actually was perfect. Not too exciting, which I definitely didn't wanted it to be, not too bad. I actually liked it.

NH- I loved everything little thing about them. It may sound weird, but it's true. It had angst, hurt, hope, love... it was great. I understand how Nathan is acting, and I also can see Haley's side. And what's even more amazing, is that you can see how hard she is trying. Trying to get him back and trying to accept his actions. I was crying in their bedroom scene. God, it was amazing. Even more when it was playing "Elsewhere" in the background. <sigh> Like I said before, you could see Haley's desesperation to be near him, to feel him close. She needs him, and so does he.

LH- We didn't get much with them, but I loved whatever we got. It was so cute the way Haley made the face when Lucas hugged her all sweaty. LOL.

LP- Can I just say... just perfect. I absolutely love the way we can see how close they got in the summer. They seemed so comfortable with each other, so at ease. It's obvious that they are both glad they are like they were before... I think, even more close. Love the way Peyton said "Will you stay with me?". She needed someone with her at such a difficult moment, and who better than Lucas. In the "I did something tonight..." scene... one thing I didn't like is that Lucas said that all of a sudden, Like changing the subject without even finishing it... but I still loved it. In the present scene... I loved that small hug. Such a small detail like that can make you love them a little more, huh? This is what I wanted... them being friends again, trusting and being with each other in difficult times. Eventually, things will get even better. It's like Lucas said... there's is always gonna be Lucas and Peyton... 'You & Me'.

Larry/Peyton- Yea, I wish we could see old Larry... but I kinda liked this one. I still can't believe she was adopted. But Larry's speech about her mom, meaning Anna, was amazing. I totally agree with him on that. Great scene.

Peyton- Her v/o... LOVED it. Still can't believe she had one, though. LOL. Her new 'do... love how Lucas' teased her about it. I miss her curls, though.

Not even wasting my time talking about less important things. Heh.

Lyla: I love you too.
||
moni8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Total Fan

Liked::

LP: You know it. It was really good, loved how they were talking, the hug, the CUTEST boardwalk scene ever. I really really enjoyed it.

Music

Voiceovers

Brooke/Haley: I liked that scene at the end. How straight forward Brooke was, and how she didn't forget that she just left and came back. Very well written I thought.

NH: Of course. It was amazing. Everything. Loved the bedroom scene

Naked Nathan

Deb: Surprisingly, I liked Deb tonight.

Didn't Like::

Lucas

Peyton/Larry: Ahh I am sorry, but I didn't like it. I didn't hate it, I just didn't think it was that strong. I felt like Hilarie had more chemistry with the old Larry. And I don't really like that she was adopted, but whatever.

Dan: I felt like he was off, he just seemed weird. Definitly wasn't feeling many of his scenes.

Divorce Storyline: END IT ALREADY!!!!!

LB: They could have introduced this couple with integrity, but made it all about sex again. Come onnn. Wasn't THAT bad as last season I thought though.

LPB: I am going to flip if it is this storyline again the whole season
Old 10-07-2005, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

I felt so bad for Peyton and I'm not sure I"m liking the adopted thing, I hope there's more to this storyline then I think there is

I didn't like how Peyton has to be the one to be mad at Haley but I'm glad someone is...I felt bad for Haley too, but she did try to act like things will be fine and I don't really get how it make sPeyton a hypocrite like people said Just because of all her history this past two seasons it makes sense

I'm with you on the LPB thing, Carrie

and one more thing..

I liked the LP friendships scenes or at least I hope it's what they were
Old 10-07-2005, 12:25 PM
Elite Fan

marina liked the LP scenes

I dont think I am going to like the whole LPB thing but if it lets LP have scenes together I wont mind it. I think they are going to have a really good friendship this season.

I dont like that Peyton is mad at Haley only because people might hate Peyton for it but I think she has a good reason too. I think its mostly about her mom and other issues and her history but hopefully she wont stay mad at Haley for long
Old 10-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yes me too..pey have a good reason for it..haley was..very bad with nate..last season
Elyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 05:51 PM
Elite Fan

I was a little disappointed in the season premiere, but that tends to happen with me a lot. I get so hyped for it, that just about anything ends up being a let down

What I Liked

Nathan and Haley. Which ended up being all kinds of surprising to me. I've never shipped them, frankly I've found them rather snore worthy. So I was shocked that they were one of the things that kept my attention during the episode. The I love you signed on the anulment papers was really cute.

Karen and Deb's scene at the cafe. I really enjoy their friendship, and Moira and Barbara have really nice chemistry. They have that old lifelong friends vibe going.

Brooke and Peyton's talk about Haley. I love my BP relationship, so I'm probably going to love just about any scene that they're together in. While I felt there seemed to be some slight distance with them, where that feeling came from I don't know, I love how they can tease each other and make apologies and still keep the banter and good humor flowing. They know each other so well that they know where the lines are and the other one is thinking. In this case Brooke knew that part of Peyton's anger at Haley was being projected from the mother situation.

Disliked

Lucas. I seem to have an intense dislike of him, especially the last season or so. I STILL don't know where he stands. Peyton or Brooke. He and Peyton seem to have a great comraderie going from the time spent together over the summer. But he still seems hung up on Brooke too. Personally I think they're both better off without him and his back and forth, I want it all attitude.

Peyton's mother drama. While I love that Hil is getting to sink her teeth into a potentially gritty storyline, the adoption angle just doesn't seem to fly with me. There's a line back early in the first season I think it is, where Whitey makes a comment to Peyton that she has her mother's looks. Which being adopted is pretty much impossible now, isn't it? And Whitey knew both Peyton's parents, so was he in the loop and knew what Ellie looked like or was it just a platitude. Or was it just a goof on the writers part?

Brooke and Lucas. For the same reasons I didn't like Lucas at all. Plus I find I'm looking for tension or something when it comes to scenes between Chad and Sophia, even though this episode was shot months ago.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

yey!well...since this season hasnt started here in the phils yet, i immediately checked this thread coz i knew that s3 started last week... yey...thnx 4 ur comments...now i hav an idea on what happened...and based on ur comments...i liked :larry/peyton,LP,BP...disliked:NH(oh puh-leez!quit w/ d divorce thing!either end it or forget it!JOKE!! hihi...sorry to the fans...i lyk NP nd LP that's why...moving on,,BL,PH...there! peace out!
Can't and won't ever get enough of GOSSIP GIRL
sasa000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:39 AM
New Fan

I was sooooo lucky to be on holiday in america when the season premiere aired!!! YAY!! I loved the episode - especially Hils voiceover! Could someone please type it up for me because i can only remember certain bits of it and i would like the whole. It was just so intense and true. So if someone could do this for me i would be so greatful. Thanks.
Bryony
X
Bryony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Hil and Chad rocked this epi

so awesome