Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

Rory in "The Real Paul Anka"

618 The Real Paul Anka

Lorelai has a bizarre dream in which singer/songwriter Paul Anka has a cameo role. Meanwhile, although Rory and Logan are back together, Logan is miserable knowing that Rory hasn’t really forgiven him, and he takes off with his friends for another stunt with the Life and Death Brigade. Rory accepts Jess’ invitation to attend an open house at his new book store/art gallery/publishing house in Philadelphia. While there, she is surprised to run into Luke, who is accompanying his daughter April on an academic field trip. Back in Stars Hollow, Lorelai is horrified to find that Richard and Emily have been looking at real estate in her town.

Haven't seen this ep yet, but I'm gonna watch it later today. Can't wait to see the R/J scenes.

Comments on the ep, anyone?
Old 04-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Total Fan

I saw this episode.
I was really dissapointed. I liked the Lit kiss in the end but i hated how it ended up. I wish it never happened. Jess looked so sad.Alexis and Milo still have that amazing chemistry.

The Lorelai dream was really funny.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

I kinda liked the Jess/Rory bit. I was glad that it wasn't Rory who initiated the kiss, wanting to get back at Logan. And I'm glad they seemed to part on good terms.

Yeah, it was sad that Jess thought everything was fixed, aka, that Rory was single now and that they might get together (FINALLY). But I think it was still good. I liked how he said that "I don't deserve this". He really doesn't. And I'm glad that it seemed that Rory knew that and apologised.

"It is what it is. You. Me." I loved that line. I'm still confident that they'll end up together in the end.

And I completely agree with you Ali, Milo and Alexis still have amazing chemistry. Their scenes were wonderful.

I still don't get how Rory can still be in love with Logan. I'm curious to see how this relationship will continue to develop. 'Cause it sure didn't look good in this ep.

I loved the Jess/Luke bits. And Lorelai trying to makes Stars Hollow look bad to Emily and Richard was hilarious. And Lane's wedding dress!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:38 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved the Rory/Jess scenes. i loved their kiss even though it was for 2 seconds. I their chemistry

I loved bitchy Rory i think she needed to get her anger out! i know i wouldnt instantly get over what Logan did - even if it wasnt cheating to him it was to her.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

the literati scene is clearly one of the best!! but i want milo ventimiglia go come bak more often!! that was a horrible way to end rory/jess's relationship!! they have been through soo much and they deserve each other big time!!! like he said "it's what it is...you and me" i mean it's sooo freaking sad!!! i'm a total literati and this was like the worst thing that could ever happen to end his career on the show!! by them kissing and her saying "i'm in love with him[logan]"
Old 04-19-2006, 01:44 AM
Master Fan

Hey bluskadu Welcome to the board, we're happy to have you here. You should stop by the intro thread sometime.

I loved the R/J scenes too, and the chemistry between Milo and Alexis was amazing as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unapologetic mocker
the literati scene is clearly one of the best!! but i want milo ventimiglia go come bak more often!! that was a horrible way to end rory/jess's relationship!! they have been through soo much and they deserve each other big time!!! like he said "it's what it is...you and me" i mean it's sooo freaking sad!!! i'm a total literati and this was like the worst thing that could ever happen to end his career on the show!! by them kissing and her saying "i'm in love with him[logan]"
I loved that scene (well, not Rory telling him that she loved Logan, but pretty much everything else). It was sad, but I wouldn't be so sure that it was the end of that relationship. Or Milo's last time visiting the show. And even though he wouldn't come back anymore, we could still have a Lit ending by Rory going to Philadelphia to try and get him back. They don't need to show him though, just hint at it.

But, that's just my Lit heart hoping. 'Cause like you said, they belong together.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

My Lit heart broke in that episode. I was so excited about the kiss but...my poor Jess! He didn't deserve that! But I love this:

Jess: I thought everything was fixed!
Rory: Everything but him!

AHHA!! See - Rory does see Logan as a problem! Otherwise she would have said something more like "everything is, but I'm with Logan." But nope, it's right there she admits it, Logan is a problem!! AHAHAHAHA! That made me a little happy.

Dear Lord, the look on Milo's face! If that's not talent I don't know what is! He looked so hurt! It killed me! But I really didn't want Jess to pine! Part of me wanted to see him with an amazing girl (redhead of course) and introduce her to Rory and her be so funny and sweet and smart and nice and Southern and cute and perfect for Jess!!! He deserves someone better than stupid Rory. She gets me upset.

Member of the Wet!Jess Crewage!
Rebuild. Renew. Restore. New Orleans - proud to swim home.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo-phile
But I love this:

Jess: I thought everything was fixed!
Rory: Everything but him!

AHHA!! See - Rory does see Logan as a problem!
I didn't notice that, but you're right. It does seem like she sees him as a problem. Funny.

Quote:
Part of me wanted to see him with an amazing girl (redhead of course) and introduce her to Rory and her be so funny and sweet and smart and nice and Southern and cute and perfect for Jess!!! He deserves someone better than stupid Rory. She gets me upset.
I still don't dislike Rory, and like I said, I liked that she seemed genuinely sorry for making Jess feel bad. So I don't feel like she doesn't deserve Jess. I do however think that she isn't in the same place as Jess. Rory still hasn't totally come back on track. And until she sorts things out, I don't see her with Jess. But once she does, I really do think they should be together. The show just can't end with Rory and Logan together!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was rooting for Jess here too. really rooting for Jess. His heartbroken expression at the end of the episode.