Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-29-2004, 01:38 AM
Passionate Fan

The hiatus is way too long! I need to see some RL!
Old 12-29-2004, 02:16 AM
Elite Fan

There are definitely some similarities between Tristan and Logan. Like you said, they both come from similar backgrounds. They're confident, and with Rory, they're both able to banter. That's about it though.

We really just don't know enough about Tristan, IMO, to really compare him to Logan. He left three years ago when they were still in high school.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:17 AM
Passionate Fan

I never thought about Logan being like Tristan..... ah *sigh* Tristin lol
Old 12-29-2004, 05:09 AM
Fan Forum Star

Logan always reminded me a little bit of Tristan. Just by the way him and Rory would bantar like her and Tristan used to.

I started reading 'The Point of Being Young' and it's really great.
Old 12-29-2004, 05:22 AM
Absolute Fan

Reading fanfics is what gets me through the hiatus! The hiatus didn't seem this long to me last year.

As for the Tristan/Logan thing, the only thing that's similar between them is the blond hair and the high society thing. Then again, I didn't pay a lot of attention to Tristan so there might be more than that.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Master Fan

barelylegal i understand about the fics thing. Logan hasnt really been in the show long enough for people to get a real feel for the way his character is, thats why ive been hesitant myself to read any RL ones yet. but if a writer can do it, thats great.

about Tristan...Well i def see the similarities. In the first ever RL scene to me it was like Tristan completely. I was just picturing Tristan in that scene and just felt it was like him. But then they are different and i saw that too. Although i loved Tristan im loving the Rory/Logan dynamic and i think its def different to Trory, partly because Rory is so much older now, and partly because Logan isnt Tristan.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by barelylegal
I've read like 3 RL fic, but never mangaged to finish it. The thing is, I haven't found a writer yet that gets Logans personality. Maybe I've read the wrong ones.

Question: About Tristan & Logan / Rory? Do you see any similarities?

For instance: The high society.
I've gotten that with R/L fics, too. Maybe once we see more of him we'll have better ones.

There are lots of similarities between the two, like Maz said, in that first scene with Logan? Totally could have been Tristan. But there have been some differences that have made them stand out from Trory.

Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
Old 12-29-2004, 06:36 PM
Extreme Fan

In 5.03 I thought we were going to be given another Tristian, which is why I was hesitant to ship the couple. After seeing more episodes I can see the difference. Maybe it's because we didnt know that much about Tristian...who knows. If I had to compare him to someone it would be a bit of Tristian/Jess I guess. JMO.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:39 PM
Ultimate Fan

It's nice reading your replies.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:45 PM
Master Fan

I agree. Logan is a bit like Tristan and a bit like Jess.
He's rich and from the high-society like Tristan. And he's a bit of a rebel like Jess.

I haven't yet been able to figure out if Rory and Logan share a love for books, with would be a huge plus for Logan.

This comment he made in Not as Cute as Pushkin doesn't point that way though.

Quote:
Rory: What are you doing in a library anyhow?
Logan: I got lost. Don't tell anyone I was here. It'd ruin my rep.
I assume it was a joke. What do you think? And do you think that Logan doesn't care about Yale and the work at the paper, like Rory thinks, or is he just letting people think that? I hope its the latter.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:12 PM
Elite Fan

That was definitely a joke.

I think he enjoys Yale, but he seems indifferent to the school. I think he just enjoys college life in general and would have fun at most schools.

I don't think he has the same kind of love for the paper that Rory does, but I think he has some interest journalism. He may have picked up a lot of facts with his dad being a big newspaper guy, but I don't believe that's the only reason. I still think his being able to list all those writers to Rory in YJIJJ and his comments on her article in BNACAP were from some interest in journalism.

I agree that Logan, if anything, is probably a mix of Tristan and Jess. But he's really developing into his own unique character with each episode, I think, and that's great.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by RoxyBlueGirl7
I think he enjoys Yale, but he seems indifferent to the school. I think he just enjoys college life in general and would have fun at most schools.
Wouldn't it be great if some of his relaxed attitude would rub off on Rory and little of her more serious attitude towards studying would rub off on him? Not in such an amount that it would change these characters, but a little anyway...

Quote:
I still think his being able to list all those writers to Rory in YJIJJ and his comments on her article in BNACAP were from some interest in journalism.
That's true.
Old 12-29-2004, 08:31 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm with Roxy. He probably isn't as passionate as Rory when it comes to journalism, but he knows some stuff. I think we'll find out more about him in terms of the paper/writing in future episodes.

Quote:
But he's really developing into his own unique character with each episode, I think, and that's great.
I believe it's important that it's like that. I don't want to see another version of characters we've had already. Yeah, they will be some similarities because people tend to have things in common with other people. I want to see something more.

madelen, I think that's why some people like the idea of them together. Their personalities create a nice balance. I dont want to see Rory jumping on tables/swinging off chandeliers or see Logan become a bookworm though.

Last edited by germ881; 12-29-2004 at 09:23 PM
Old 12-29-2004, 09:19 PM
Master Fan

i definately think Logan is unique. I mean i loved Tristan so at first i already knew i would love Logan. But Logan has his own personality and i love learning more about it every week.
Old 12-30-2004, 05:43 AM
Absolute Fan

I like learning about Logan too. Darn hiatus needs to end sooner.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl