Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-20-2005, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

Rory in "Fight Face"

"Fight Face"
Tuesday , September 20 2005 Original
8:00 - 9:00 PM ET

RORY PAYS HER DEBT TO SOCIETY/LORELAI ADOPTS A DOG - Rory (Alexis Bledel) begins serving her 300 hours of community service and finds that life on a road crew is not pretty. Lorelai and Luke try to decide whether they will fix up Lorelai's house or buy the Twickham house. Luke's sister Liz (guest star Kathleen Wilhoite) begs him to hire her husband T.J. (guest star Michael DeLuise) as a contractor. When Rory pays Luke a surprise visit at the diner to find out how Lorelai is, he feels obligated to tell her that he and Lorelai are engaged. Afterwards, Luke confronts Lorelai about her estrangement from Rory. Feeling lonely, Lorelai adopts a dog at the Stars Hollow pet fair. Finally, during a chance meeting, Lorelai and Rory have an angry confrontation about their mutual hurt feelings. Kelly Bishop and Edward Herrmann also star. Daniel Palladino wrote and directed the episode.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:38 AM
Master Fan

New episode!

I'm really looking forward to this one. Especially to see how Rory reacts when Luke tells her about the engagement. And also Rory and Lorelai confronting each other.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

it was another great episode.

I kind of wish that it was Loraila who told Rory about the engagment. But I'm glad that SOMEONE did.
The argument at the end. Does Rory truly not understand why her mom would be hurt? Does she not understand that its not that she doesn't love her daughter.. its that she felt betrayed and all that. I usually give Rory alot of credit.. but if she doesn't realise this, then she really hasn't been her mothers daughter after all. (harsh I know, but Rory spent 15 years not on good terms with her grand parents because of her mom. its a lesson that should be well ingraved)

Have we heard that hampster story before? it sounds familiar? maybe from season 4 because that's what I'm watching now. Did the hampster get frozen? I seem to remember Rory talking about it. I think its funny they brought it up.

WOW.. I can't believe Rory in this episode. Changed to a hardend criminal geting into fist fights after 5 hours of service.. 300 is going to kill her.

OH.. and if she's not running for the hills after the DAR stuff then I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's a pod person pretending to be rory.

OH>> and i forgot... Rory speaking spanish. What does Alexis mean she doesn't speak good spanish. She was really great. I told my mom that Alexis's first language was spanish and her background. LIke alot of people, she found it hard to believe.... but it's nice they could put it to use.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:58 PM
Master Fan

i just finished watching the ep. I was kinda let down by the fight in the end, it seemed kinda anti climactic after i was waiting for it.

But i do think both of them need to sort this out. Rory needs to understand why her mom is so betrayed. But i dont know about Lorelai's tactic of just not talking to her at all.

I loved bored Rory though. She is already realising how different it is at her grandparents.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Passionate Fan

The fight surprised me not so much that she got into it but that she was the initiater. When that girl gave her that shove Rory went right at her.

However this has inspired me to add something to my list of things I want to see Alexis do (breakdancing, beatboxing, "flashdancing") .... kickboxing!
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 09-22-2005, 12:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Maz~
I loved bored Rory though. She is already realising how different it is at her grandparents.
That's what I thought too. Hopefully she'll soon realize how much she misses her mom.

I've seen just a few clips of the ep so far, so no more comments yet.

A question though: in the beginning when they say "Previously on GG", they show a scene with Babette and Luke where she says "There's a rumour that there's a rift between Lorelai and Rory" (or something like that) and a scene of Lorelai in Rory's bedroom looking really sad. From which episode are those scene? I've never seen them.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

that scene was from the end of the premiere from last week madelen. The Luke/Babette scene happened first, then the next scene was Lorelai all upset in Rory's room.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Maz! I need to watch those clips too.
Old 09-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hearing Alexis speak Spanish, in this episode, was great! Granted, she kind of had to fake an accent, since Rory is only supposed to know a bit, but she did a great job.

I loved every GG episode so far!!!!!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barelylegal
Hearing Alexis speak Spanish, in this episode, was great! Granted, she kind of had to fake an accent, since Rory is only supposed to know a bit, but she did a great job.
It was fun to hear her speak Spanish! And though she spoke it good, I imagine she can speak it even better in real life.

Also, I agree with you Maz about the fight being a bit anti-climactic. They could have made a bit bigger scene of it.

I also liked that Luke told Lorelai that she and Rory are being dumb. I totally agree with him. Hopefully they'll realize it soon.

I'm glad you've liked the episodes so far, barely. So have I.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Obsessed Fan

The highlight of this episode was definitely hearing Alexis fake bad Spanish. That was great. Awesome episode overall. I am definitely liking this season better than the last one.

VISIT FOR DESPAIR ∞ CURRENTLY ON HIATUS
Old 03-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Seeing Rory live at her grandparents and dropping out of school and got into a cat fight with another girl. Wow! Some craziness!
DuncanღVeronica SamღAndy ChrisღGail DawsonღJoey PaceyღAndie NathanღHaley JakeღPeyton LucasღBrooke SeanღEmma CraigღManny DanღSerena She is my partner she is my business Nick to Andy credit to isis2015 for avi