Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-10-2004, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

I adore Rory. The only time in the five seasons i havent liked her is the whole sleeping with dean thing. which was stupid and the writers shouldnt have tried to ruin her. other than that she's so funny and quirky and the study-girl. i used to be alot like her, in the setting goals and working hard at school thing so it was nice to see a tv character like that.
Old 12-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

i learn about alexis thorugh rory before gilmore girls i did not event know how she was and since i just kinda started watching it.
Old 12-12-2004, 01:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~Maz~
I adore Rory. The only time in the five seasons i havent liked her is the whole sleeping with dean thing. which was stupid and the writers shouldnt have tried to ruin her. other than that she's so funny and quirky and the study-girl. i used to be alot like her, in the setting goals and working hard at school thing so it was nice to see a tv character like that.
A lot of people felt like that at the time, but looking at it now, I don't think it was ever their intention to use that to ruin her. I think it was more like them trying to make her look not totally immune to getting caught up in the moment. And then showing how she could get past that without having it ruin her character.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that the writers did that to show that Rory could overcome anything.
Old 12-13-2004, 06:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

yeah i think that too . i think they wanted her to seem more human and not this perfect person. they wanted people to realize that even if she is just a made up character that she is in all aspects a yung woman. she makes mistakes atleast this time they ended it . i think its really over i hear that they're going to write him out.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love rory, though sleepng with dean wasnt the brightest idea she has ever done but like others have said i think that the writers didnt want to use this to runin her character, she really got passed and she has really grown up very nicely.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by TrinIty
yeah i think that too . i think they wanted her to seem more human and not this perfect person. they wanted people to realize that even if she is just a made up character that she is in all aspects a yung woman. she makes mistakes atleast this time they ended it . i think its really over i hear that they're going to write him out.
That's true. All four years that made her seem like this perfect person who never did anything wrong and then she sleeps with Dean. It didn't really ruin her character, it just changed her a little bit. I think that it made her character more mature.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:07 AM
Extreme Fan

& it's not like she all the sudden is sleeping with every guy she likes now. They are definatly showing that her character was not ruined by this, and that she is still the Rory gilmore we all have gotten used to. (Just with medium instead of mild salsa now )
Old 12-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

I don't know. It did show that she's human and makes mistakes, but to me it was a cheap ploy. It kinda came out of nowhere to me, even though they tried to build it up in a few episodes. And i was kinda disappointed that she didnt seem to suffer any real consequences for her actions. She didn't seem all that sorry, which kinda sucked. I wouldnt have minded it so much if they had used to to show character growth but lately the writings kinda been on the surface and not delving into the "why" of what Rory does. Like, that could have really shown that she's not this "perfect" girl that everyone things she is, she's human and she makes mistakes. But it kinda went back to her being "perfect" again really quickly.

Anyway I do still love the girl. In s5 Im totally enjoying her scenes when she's not with or talking about Dean.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really liking Rory this season because she's finally gottern herself away from Dean and she can explore what life is like without him.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:32 AM
Elite Fan

I love Rory. She's probably my favourite female character out of all the shows I watch. She's just so different to other characters, and I see so much of her in myself, although I guess a lot of people can relate to her. I just don't know what she sees in Dean. He's bugs me so much, ugh.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 12-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, me too. When she started Yale I wanted her to experience this new life and see how she adjusted to that, but she stuck pretty close to home. I mean I loved that she was still close to SH and her mom coz thats what makes the show. But while she was "dating" Dean at the start of season 5 it was kinda like she was taking ten steps backwards. In the last few episodes she's been experiencing college life more and I'm hoping she comes out of her shell and mixes more.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:18 PM
Cotton Candy

I loved Rory's character during the first two seasons. She was so unique and totally identifiable, at least for me. As for the Rory of Season 3 and on...er...well, this is an appreciation thread, so I won't go there

Credit - Canopus

Old 12-23-2004, 08:34 PM
Extreme Fan

I still like her in season 3. But I think I'd have to say season 1 was my favorite so far. (I still have yet tosee the end of season 3, and all of season 4 except the last 2 episodes)
Old 12-30-2004, 05:19 PM
Absolute Fan

I think Rory in seasons one and two is my fave.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl