Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2005, 05:11 AM
Master Fan

Rory in "Always A Godmother, Never A God "

6.04 Always A Godmother, Never A God

Missing Rory (Alexis Bledel), Lorelai (Lauren Graham) tries to call her and is upset to find that Rory’s cell phone is no longer in service. Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) asks Lorelai and Rory to be the godparents to her two children in the hope that they will reconcile when they see each other at the ceremony. However, mother and daughter end up fighting when Lorelai realizes that Rory gave her new cell number to Sookie but not to her. Logan (Matt Czuchry) learns that his father expects him to graduate this year and enter the family business. Wanting to break free from family pressures, Logan whisks Rory off to a weekend in New York.

New episode!
Old 10-05-2005, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

No comments on the episode? I'm dying for a recap, since I haven't seen the episode yet...
Old 10-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Master Fan

aww, where is everyone? I saw the episode. I was sad to see Rory didn't give Lorelai her number straight away, these two are carrying on stupidly.

I loved the Rory/Lane reunion, it was just enough awkward and cute considering they haven't spoken in so long.

The Lorela/Luke and Rory/Logan bed scene where they are doing the same thing with the dress was adorable!

I dont know though, for some reason im not feeling Rory this season. They're not showing her feelings enough. Like with Lorelai you see in every episode how she misses Rory, but they dont show it enough from Rory.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:23 AM
Master Fan

So, I just watched the episode. I liked it, but I agree with you Maz. They're not showing Rory's feelings enough. They're just showing how much Lorelai misses her, but not how much she misses her mom. And she has to miss her!

I like the Rory/Lane moment too. And Rory talking with Kirk. "This is the suit the buried my dad in." and "I've had a few moments with Davey. A few high fives and one or two peekaboo sessions. Martha's more elusive. She's like Garbo."

Lorelai looked so sad when she saw Rory coming. But Rory looked just a little grumpy. Why won't they show her being lonely, sad and missing her mom sometimes too! I don't get it.

Rory/Alexis looked cute with the baby in her arms.

I liked the promo and preview. And the clothes Rory and Paris was wearing!
Old 10-07-2005, 04:03 AM
Master Fan

Glad you agree, the way they're going they're making out like Rory has so much in her life now that she doesn't need her mother. And we know thats not true really, but showing everything Rory is doing they're not showing her sadness.

Lorelai was anxious about meeting Rory and looked sad, and Rory (in the bed scene with lOgan) seemed like she was dreading it as if Lorelai is horrible or something, and then later looked put out when she had to talk to her alone.

I love Rory so i hope they fix this whole rift thing soon. I feel like without Lorelai Rory is moving further and further from that girl we once knew.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:17 AM
Part-Time Fan

Exactly. But I dont think only Lorelai is losing her, I think Rory is starting to lose herself. During the scene at the party which Rory had to host and monitor, she was acting like Emily while trying to have things under control. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Rory/Alexis but she's really starting to change and I must say I hate it. And what is up with Logan? He's been so unattached to Rory. My guess is he's cheating.
Lorelai I'm-sorry-can-I-get-an-industrial-forklift-for-my-emotional-baggage Gilmore
Old 10-08-2005, 05:32 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Maz~
I love Rory so i hope they fix this whole rift thing soon. I feel like without Lorelai Rory is moving further and further from that girl we once knew.
exactly what i think! i'm just waiting, that something happens and they are "back together" like in the old times...
i liked the episode, but i also think that they show more and more the "cold" and almoust mean rory who doesn't want any contact to her mom. f.e. as rory didn't just give lorelai her new number...i was waiting and thinking "come on, give her the number"... i really hope that this fight will end very soon!
and btw the thing with logan...what was going on with him??? he has never been like this before and i just hope that they won't change his caracter in a way like this...
Old 10-08-2005, 08:41 AM
Passionate Fan

I hope their relationship isn't "fixed" in the sense that they have a revelation or a moment of catharsis that puts everything back the way it was. The Rory at the start of 4th season was co-dependent and unhealthy. She needed to grow apart from her mother though obviously not this extremely.

I'd like them to forge a new more adult relationship between the two of them. One where Lorelai sees Rory as something besides a cute little robot placed on auto-pilot (like she was before college). And of course one where Rory can see her moms criticisms as an expression of love rather than an attack.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 10-08-2005, 09:49 AM
New Fan

agree...rory should deffentetly change in a way that she sould become more confident and not just "mom's little baby" but the way it is now between the two is just too extrem...
i totaly agree with your opinion about having a more adult relationship, that's usual...you can't have the same kind of relationship when you are 16 and when you're 21...
Old 10-08-2005, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Rory was blah this episode. She's too "Nice to see you" fake. How long she'll be able to keep up with it, we'll see.

Ahh when she and Loganw ere going to New York, ont thing came in my mind: Jess.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Master Fan

First of all, Mel and Simsi - welcome to the board! I'm glad you decided to stop by and I hope to see you here often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1GGfan87
And what is up with Logan? He's been so unattached to Rory. My guess is he's cheating.
I guess the way he was behaving was just his way of dealing with the pressure from his dad (you know, graduating and joining the family company). I didn't really like the way he was acting either, but I don't think he's cheating.

I agree with Raja, an adult relationship is what Lorelai and Rory need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barelylegal
Ahh when she and Loganw ere going to New York, ont thing came in my mind: Jess.
Yeah, me too.

ETA: I don't know if I should laugh or be offended my the remarks Emily made on Helsinki and Finland.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Harm, that Rory and Lorelai not come term with in this part.

~Icon by Lauren-Online~
Old 03-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rory and Lorelai became godparents for the babies. They did get to talk again.