Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-03-2006, 02:30 AM
Master Fan

What I meant was to say that only blaming them for never holding her responsible would be doing the same thing they do: not holding her responsible; putting it on others. So while I definitely think a lot of how she is comes from how others don't react properly, I'm also not going to absolve her because of it. She's a big girl. I hold her accountable, even if nobody else will. I don't know if I worded that right before.

It just seems to me that the writers, while clearly able to recognize a downward spiral, as well as being able to have the character try to make amends and grow from their experience (Jess), they don't seem to be doing that for her. It makes me wonder what it's going to take for her to climb out of her rut. Because she's overcome obstacles, but the overall sinking she's been doing won't stop. Even if she's not doing something stupid at the moment, the residual behavior of the girl who doesn't quite get that she's done something wrong is still there. And as the writers have gone the full ride with this sort of thing with other characters, I don't get why they aren't doing it here? Maybe they're stretching it out longer because she's a main character? They want things to come together in the final display?
Old 06-03-2006, 03:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airie
What I meant was to say that only blaming them for never holding her responsible would be doing the same thing they do: not holding her responsible; putting it on others. So while I definitely think a lot of how she is comes from how others don't react properly, I'm also not going to absolve her because of it. She's a big girl. I hold her accountable, even if nobody else will. I don't know if I worded that right before.
No, I think I got you before.

Quote:
Even if she's not doing something stupid at the moment, the residual behavior of the girl who doesn't quite get that she's done something wrong is still there. And as the writers have gone the full ride with this sort of thing with other characters, I don't get why they aren't doing it here? Maybe they're stretching it out longer because she's a main character? They want things to come together in the final display?
Hopefully. Or maybe ASP just didn't see anything wrong with how Rory has behaved. Or maybe she had some plans for season 7? I don't know. But hopefully David Rosenthal (?) will see that, and write a Rory who finally gets what she has done wrong and will try to take the responsibility for it.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

As much as I like Logan, I will always have a place in my heart for Jess.

I didn't believe all that stuff they did to the relationship before he left the show. It just seem forced, to really give a reason for Milo to leave. I truly think that Rory and Jess were in a kind of relationship where they could have worked through all of that.

Dean might have been Rory's first love, but that was puppy love compared to what she had with Jess. In my mind Jess will always be Rory first real adult love, he could match her personality and mind. He saw the real Rory and understood her better than anyone.

And if the writers hadn't mess with Jess and the relationship I could see them going the long run. But it's good that both Rory and Jess have grown up and come into a place where they are good with who they are.

I just wish they hadn't been left up in the air, the big what if of the show. Dean and Rory got closure, and then they drag that relationship through the mud. Ugh I really hated that storyline, so glad Supernatural made me like Jared again.

Back to what I was saying, it's pretty clear that Jess is still in love with Rory and Rory still has strong feelings for Jess even with being with Logan. I don't think they will get back together. That ship has sail off into the sunset, but I wish they could have some closure so they can look back on their relationship better. Not having the big what if hanging over their heads of what they might have been together.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

You’re making me sad.

I was never much into those fics that have Rory and Jess meeting somewhere in the vague future and getting back together. It seemed so random.

I still hold out hope for them, just because until the show’s end, I’ll have reason to, but they are--at least at the moment--the “what if”/“what could have been” of the show.

I don’t think Rory’s good with who she is. I don’t think she’s strong. I don’t say this out of hating her, I say it out of observation. This recent thing with Logan is just another example. I had NO problem with the fact that he cheated. I borderline enjoyed it, in fact. Appreciated it, anyway. I think of it as karma. But I have a problem with her taking him back after that, at least and especially so quickly. It takes a very weak person with low self-esteem to cling to these relationships, and she keeps showing herself to be frightened of facing the world as a single person. So as of now, she’s still highly insecure. Add to the fact that she completely falls apart anytime she messes up, and it takes awhile for someone else to nudge her back on her path, if at all…yeah, I don’t think she’s a strong person. And again, I don’t mean it as an insult. I definitely think she has/had the potential to grow into one…I just wish she’d move in that direction instead of stagnating in her own fears. She’s not really getting anywhere.

And Lorelai only seems to "confront" her in the instances when she's trying to shift the blame off to someone who ISN'T Rory. She's very firm with Rory about her insistence that she's flawless. It's kind of weird. Anyway, Lorelai just has this general problem with constantly being in between and picking and choosing and not being sure whether to be a parent or a buddy. And I don't think she does a great job as a friend oftentimes, either, because good friends should be able to tell each other when they're being idiots (this is a criticism that also extends to Lane).

Every so often, I have to vent. It's kind of a tool for me to come to terms with some of the stuff that Rory's become. It's kind of backwards work, though, because it just gives me a fresh sadness and disappointment. :/

ETA: On this note, I'd like to suggest "Shelter from the Storm" by Bob Dylan for the song list. It really suits how Jess saw Rory in s2 especially, and even though the song is talking about a woman, it also fits the fact that Jess is the one Rory turns to a lot.

Last edited by Airie; 06-03-2006 at 01:00 PM
Old 06-03-2006, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Feel free to vent whenever, Airie. And I'll add that song to the list.

I do agree with you on some points. Rory isn't that strong when it comes to relationships. It seems like she's afraid to be alone. And I feel that being alone would be the right thing for her to do.

But concerning some other things, I think she has matured and is stronger than before.

Hey cherrios! Welcome to the board! I hope you're not right about that ship sailing. I really hope we'll see Rory and Jess together in the end. But yeah, if that's not gonna happen...then some closure would be great.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelen
But concerning some other things, I think she has matured and is stronger than before.
That's probably true. I'd probably be more receptive to it if I wasn't so heartbroken. For one thing, I'll say she seems to have gotten more assertive.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:17 AM
Master Fan

I'm glad that you don't bash Rory, Airie. I get that people don't like her right now and criticize her, and that's perfectly allright, but I don't get why some people like to bash her. Especially on the Lit thread. I mean, this is supposed to be a appreciation thread. For both of them. Rant over. Sorry about that.

Someone should make an icon of this pic.

Old 06-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

omg I've never seen that pictures before. That's soo funny. I love it

here's two icons...just very very simple:

Last edited by -CrazyBeautiful-; 06-04-2006 at 10:16 AM
Old 06-04-2006, 11:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love how in that pic Milo is the only one actually in character...

I think Alexis is enjoying it a little to much.

Member of the Wet!Jess Crewage!
Rebuild. Renew. Restore. New Orleans - proud to swim home.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Master Fan

Love the icons Jess! You should post them at the icons thread too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo-phile
I love how in that pic Milo is the only one actually in character...

I think Alexis is enjoying it a little to much.
Old 06-04-2006, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

I love that picture. I discovered it only a while back. It's definitely my favorite one of that photoshoot.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airie
I love that picture. I discovered it only a while back. It's definitely my favorite one of that photoshoot.
I'll go post them over there now

Old 06-04-2006, 07:20 PM
Master Fan

I love that picture!
Old 06-10-2006, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

What is the most touching Literati moment in your opinion?
Old 06-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Master Fan

That'll take awhile...:/