Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-20-2005, 12:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelen
Raja - what's Invasion about again? You think Alexis would fit in that show?
Invasion is the new ABC show after Lost. It's about a small town cut off by a hurricane that apprently is being infilitrated by aliens. They are taking it very slow so it's hard to tell where they are going. But isnt it always the slow reveal that is fun? That's why Lost works so well.

Only part that would fit her would be that of Alexis Dziena. (Gonna be more than one cute Alexis' on tv this year). Part is pretty much a blank slate. Given her parents it has the potential to be really developped. It is a part Alexis (Bledel) could easily handle but that's why I wouldnt want it for her. She needs a character who is more aggressive and less passive. Something that'll challenge her.

So if I was to pick a part for her of the new upcoming shows I'm so far familiar with (have a few left to watch) I'd pick Emily Deschanel's character in Bones. An excellent combination of quirky and tough if Alexis is up to the task.
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 07-21-2005, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Invasion sounds good. Thanks for the description Raja.

You'd like to see her on Bones, huh? Yeah, it would be interesting to see her in that character and I just read the description of the series and it sounds like it could be really good.

I also think it could be interesting to see her on Related. What do you guys think?
Old 07-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thats a good idea. Her and Lizzie Caplan.

Lets get these teen hearts beating faster! Faster!

note to self: I miss you terribly.
avi by me, and I am proud.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Havent heard anything about Related or seen the pilot posted anywhere.

I remember Lizzy Caplan from the Pitts. A show that was objectively bad but had such an amazing cast (there are few actors better than Dylan Baker) that it almost made up for it.

Thing I remember most about it and Lizzy is the actress who played her mom, Kellie Waymire. When they did publicity together you'd swear Kellie was playing the daughter and Lizzie was playing the mom. She played a much younger character when she guest starred on Wonderfalls. A real shame that she died so suddenly just as her career was beginning to blossom.

But back to Related. From looking at the description it doesnt excite me one bit. And against Lost and Veronica Mars there is almost zero chance I'll ever watch it.

Here is Futon Critic's take on the show.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/rant.cgi?id=20050708
I'm bored and you're bald. But I laughed when you called me the snail. My trail runs behind me. I'm guilty. No secrets. You're not such a picture yourself
Old 07-22-2005, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Well, that review by Futon Critic didn't sound too good. The description on the WB site sounded good though.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:25 AM
Master Fan

I'd love to see Alexis guest starring on Ugly Betty. I love that show (even if I've only seen one ep )! And it would be great to see her with America again.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Total Fan

Yes Ugly Betty would be great,mostly cause I loved when she worked with America.

Also I would love to see her in Grey Anatomy.
Old 12-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Passionate Fan

Eeek. This is an old thread. I even said The OC had good writing. Course once upon a time that was actually true... a long time ago.

New shows that you could plug Alexis into.

Well. There is Heroes. The most "natural" role would be Nora Zehetner's part of Eden. But that's why I wouldn't want her in it. So I'll go with Ali Larter's part of Niki/Jessica. Stripper psychopathic single mom. Much meatier part that would challenge her more. Alexis cast as a chearleader might be interesting just since it calls for her to be fairly energic rather than passive.

The daughter on Shark? No. She'd be Rory with a single dad instead of a single mom. But Sarah Carter's part on Shark mght be good as an overly competitive and not necessarily all that likeable assistant da might work.

This is kinda tough since there really aren't too many decent new shows. So will go to shows that are coming back.

Seeing her as the Dutch (maybe change her to French or English) nanny / terrorist on Sleeper Cell would be great. And would challenge her.

Her as Octavia on Rome would be fun. Especially in this upcoming season when she should be taking on a larger role in the story.

And a part that I believe she couldn't handle but I'll put it out there just because the show is up against GG and I really love the part. Ziva on NCIS. Sarcastic lithe Israeli Mossad killing machine slumming with the Americans.
Old 12-18-2006, 04:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

GG sucks so bad these days, I kinda wish it would get cancelled and Alexis would move over to Ugly Betty. She could play another mousy assistant (hiding her natural beauty behind glasses, her hair in a bun) and be a friend to America's character. Then, gradually over time, she could blossom into a beautiful woman. But mainly I just want her to make films and do all sorts of parts.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:04 AM
Master Fan

Interesting suggestions Raja. The only show I know of those you listed is Heroes though. It'd be really interesting to see her in Nicky's or Claire's role.

Condie GG has been pretty bad this year. I really hope this is the last season. Seeing her move on to different roles in movies would be so great!

Quote:
She could play another mousy assistant (hiding her natural beauty behind glasses, her hair in a bun) and be a friend to America's character. Then, gradually over time, she could blossom into a beautiful woman.
Love that idea!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

buffy the vampire slayerq
Old 12-26-2006, 04:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Condie GG has been pretty bad this year.
I'll just say that I disagree

Alexis on other shows?! That's pretty hard, but like Ali said, Grey's Anatomy would be great, especially since she has once said she loves that show, and it's a great show.. I think she could fit right in

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 12-26-2006, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

Karen I've liked most of the R/L stuff actually. Except for the whole Rory/Marty incdent, which I still don't get. R/L have been good this year, pretty much everything else has not been. I don't think Rory has had a good storyline this year.

XXREESE1XX Seeing Alexis kick butt on Buffy would have been awesome!
Old 12-26-2006, 09:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like GG generally as a show this season.. It's certainly not worse then last season if you ask me... Certainly not the best either, but given there's a new head on the show, I think it's still good

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 12-29-2006, 07:33 AM
Master Fan

Oh considering that DR has had to follow ASPs footsteps, he's definitely done a great job.