Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-01-2005, 02:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Did you see Sisterhood? What did you think?

Here's my review

-------------------------------
Not Another Teen Movie... Well, not another Typical teen movie that is.
Alexis and the other girls did a wonderful job of showing a side of life as a teen age girl that is very rarely seen in Hollywood. The side of girls that supports and loves their friends.. Though they just met at the beginning of filming, Alexis, along with her 3 co-stars (Amber, America and Blake) fool us completely and make us believe they have truly been friends since birth. Maybe that is because they are now friends off screen and honestly feel the warm and fuzzy feeling that they are showing on screen.

Alexis has hit both ends of the spectrum in her two latest movies. Sin City was dark and gruesome and The Sisterhood is heartwarming and lovely. It is also tearful and thought provoking. I DARE you to watch the movie and not get "a little something in your eye" during at least a few scenes. Scenes of honest emotion from Alexis and the other cast make The Sisterhood all the more realistic. Life isn't always seen through rose colored glasses and the movie doesn't gloss over the less pretty aspects of life.

There are very little scenes where Alexis actually acts with the 3 other girls. Most of those scenes are at the beginning and end of the movie. For the most part, her scenes were filmed on location in Greece. That doesn't mean she's not seen in the film though. Her story line is the one of the 4 that made me smile. She has a big story arc and as the character of Lena, she makes some big leaps.
I had a little smile and giggle (which attracted some strange looks from my fellow movie go-ers). Why? There are a few scenes that are reminiscent of the scenes with Jessie and Winnie in Tuck Everlasting. In comparing the similar scenes in Tuck and The Sisterhood, we can easily see just how far Alexis has come as an actress.

I can't think of any complaints for the movie. It gets 4.5 out of 5 in my books because I felt a little unresolved when leaving the theater. I would have loved to see a little segment about what happened after the summer ended.
I do realize this is book 1 of 3 (soon to be 4) and there are rumors of a sequel, so I guess the "what happens next" is just something I'll have to hold onto until next summer.
Old 06-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the review The movie sounds great and I can't wait to see it. But I think this could've been posted in the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants thread.
Seth: And you're dressed. I wonder who's more disappointed.

Please vote for Keira Knightley or Jennifer Aniston!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Great Review!! I'm going to see it Friday or Saturday with my friends! It sounds really really greaT!!
Old 06-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Extreme Fan

i didn't like how they changed her character Lena's storylines so much.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:26 PM
New Fan

i just got back from seeing it and it was amazing...alexis and all the other girls really portyrayed the characters...i read the book and it made the movie |____|<-- that much better
Old 06-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Loyal Fan

i saw it on the 21st and it was fabulous, yet i read the book so i was expecting to see it .(i didn't see it just cause alexis is in it , ithat was icing on the cake.)

Jenley <3
icon credit: Linsxx3
Old 06-01-2005, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Chocolate
Thanks for the review The movie sounds great and I can't wait to see it. But I think this could've been posted in the Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants thread.
Yes. We have already a thread for The Sisterhood and your reviews can be dsicussed there. So, I have to close this thread.