Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-23-2012, 10:37 AM
Fan Forum Legend

that does sound really good
Old 08-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Elite Fan

Wolf as a street fighter sounds like an interesting character. I guess he won't be the one who eats grandma in this version.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

well that is a relief
Old 08-27-2012, 05:27 AM
Elite Fan

It seems like he's gonna be the love interest, so that would have been weird.

Are you reading anything right now?

Old 08-28-2012, 05:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

might have made things a tad awkward

I've been too busy the past week to read and the last couple days I've had a headache so I really need to get back into the reading groove.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well as long as he doesn't eat Grandma

I'm waiting on the next TMI book with this series called Queen of Babble. It's really good. They're by Meg Cabot, who I learned wrote the books Princess Diaries are based on and I never knew they were based on a book

KJS♥ first American Cesar winner
Old 08-29-2012, 03:16 AM
Elite Fan

I knew they're based on a book and even heard about Meg Cabot, just never realized she's the author or those books. What is Queen of Babble about?

I've been getting awful headaches, too, because of the big temperature change. :S

Old 08-29-2012, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

that book title sounds so familiar!

I shake my fist at these headaches! so annoying. and every day
Old 09-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Got some new books this week which sound really interesting.

Quote:
The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandanna

Eva’s life is not her own. She is a creation, an abomination—an echo. Made by the Weavers as a copy of someone else, she is expected to replace a girl named Amarra, her “other”, if she ever died. Eva studies what Amarra does, what she eats, what it’s like to kiss her boyfriend, Ray. So when Amarra is killed in a car crash, Eva should be ready.

But fifteen years of studying never prepared her for this.

Now she must abandon everything she’s ever known—the guardians who raised her, the boy she’s forbidden to love—to move to India and convince the world that Amarra is still alive.

What Eva finds is a grief-stricken family; parents unsure how to handle this echo they thought they wanted; and Ray, who knew every detail, every contour of Amarra. And when Eva is unexpectedly dealt a fatal blow that will change her existence forever, she is forced to choose: Stay and live out her years as a copy or leave and risk it all for the freedom to be an original. To be Eva.
Quote:
Every Day by David Levithan

Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.

Every morning, A wakes in a different person’s body, a different person’s life. There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.

It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.

With his new novel, David Levithan has pushed himself to new creative heights. He has written a captivating story that will fascinate readers as they begin to comprehend the complexities of life and love in A’s world, as A and Rhiannon seek to discover if you can truly love someone who is destined to change every day.
Quote:
Defiance by C.J. Redwine

Within the walls of Baalboden, beneath the shadow of the city’s brutal leader, Rachel Adams has a secret. While other girls sew dresses, host dinner parties, and obey their male Protectors, Rachel knows how to survive in the wilderness and deftly wield a sword. When her father, Jared, fails to return from a courier mission and is declared dead, the Commander assigns Rachel a new Protector, her father’s apprentice, Logan—the same boy Rachel declared her love for two years ago, and the same boy who handed her heart right back to her. Left with nothing but fierce belief in her father’s survival, Rachel decides to escape and find him herself. But treason against the Commander carries a heavy price, and what awaits her in the Wasteland could destroy her.

At nineteen, Logan McEntire is many things. Orphan. Outcast. Inventor. As apprentice to the city’s top courier, Logan is focused on learning his trade so he can escape the tyranny of Baalboden. But his plan never included being responsible for his mentor’s impulsive daughter. Logan is determined to protect her, but when his escape plan goes wrong and Rachel pays the price, he realizes he has more at stake than disappointing Jared.

As Rachel and Logan battle their way through the Wasteland, stalked by a monster that can’t be killed and an army of assassins out for blood, they discover romance, heartbreak, and a truth that will incite a war decades in the making.

Old 09-01-2012, 08:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

those all sound like something I'd like to read! Every Day sounds particularly interesting
Old 09-02-2012, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

I think that's the one I'm going to start with.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

awesome! you'll have to let me know how it is
Old 09-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by anettbianka (View Post)
I knew they're based on a book and even heard about Meg Cabot, just never realized she's the author or those books. What is Queen of Babble about?

I've been getting awful headaches, too, because of the big temperature change. :S
It's about this girl who tells everyone's secrets pretty much because she has this big mouth and it gets her into trouble. There's three of them. I liked the first two the most. Now I'm done with those (I read too fast ) and reading this vampire book by her The lead girl works for a soap opera and they're forcing her to write in some vamps

Aww I hope it feels better

I want to read them all now, Bia

KJS♥ first American Cesar winner
Old 09-04-2012, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

that sounds pretty special

ugh I've been feeling blah for going on two weeks, but headache or not I'm going to read today dag nabbit.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:14 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it's definitely not something I've read before.

Get better, Rae!