Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-29-2004, 11:27 PM
Master Fan

well i think i pictured Alexis because i already knew she was Lena before i started reading. She doesn't necessarily fit thr description of the character, biut i love that Lena is like shy and somewhat of a loner and Alexis will portray that really well.

I love Amber as Tibby too! She really fits that role!

oh and i hope they cast someone good for Kostos....oh i just checked imdb and the guy playing Kostos is "Michael Rady". I have no idea who that is though and he's only listed with this movie in his credits, nothing else.

Last edited by ~Maz~; 12-30-2004 at 12:02 AM
Old 12-30-2004, 05:40 AM
Absolute Fan

I can't wait to see this movie. I started reading the book yesterday (I like to read the book before I see the movie) and I can totally see Alexis as Lena. It should be good.

Veronica Mars, House, Gilmore Girls, and Bones fangirl
Old 12-30-2004, 06:35 AM
Elite Fan

I got the books today. I don't think I'll have a problem seeing Alexis as her character since I...haven't read them yet, and I'll be picturing her as that throughout. I hope I enjoy the books, though, because that would just be bad if I didn't.

Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?
Old 12-30-2004, 05:17 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm enjoying the book so far. It's a good book to read if you want to relax and not think about stuff, which is what I'm trying to do.

Old 12-30-2004, 06:02 PM
Addicted Fan

I read the books last summer, before the movie was announced(or at least before I heard about it), so I didn't get to picture her as Lena, but I'm coming around. For some reason it's easy to picture Amber as Tibby. And also strangely, as I read I was already picturing Carmen as America.
Grey's Anatomy- Roomates and Exhibitionists. Veronica Mars is smarter than me.
I'm on Team Sophia, Team Denny, and Team Winchester. I want a Metallicar.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:46 AM
Absolute Fan

I don't know much about the other actresses in the movie, so I'll have to do some research on them.

Old 12-31-2004, 07:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

soulstarshine you won't be dissapointed. they 're great actresses.top notch
Old 12-31-2004, 11:13 AM
Master Fan

i dont know much about the other two actresses besides Amber and Alexis so it was hard to picture them, i guess i can be surprised.

I havent had time to start the second book yet. is it better/worse/same as the first one?
Old 12-31-2004, 04:59 PM
Elite Fan

I like America, so I'm looking forward to seeing her in the movie with Alexis. I've never seen Joan, so I don't know much about Amber, but since they seem to be pretty good friends, I'm guessing they'll have decent chemistry on screen. And it seems like a lot of people think she's a great actress. No one seems to know much about Blake Lively.

I looked for the first book last night at the book store, but they were out. It's probably a good thing though.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:58 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't know who got casted while I was reading the book(s), but as soon as I heard that Amber was going to play Tibby, and Alexis as Lena, I knew that the casting would be really good for the movie. I've never seen any of America's roles, or Blake Lively's (I assume she's new to films) but they seem to look the part & I'm sure they're gonna do great. Scary how they look exactly like I imagined them to be in the book.

Maz, the second book is really good. I can't really say if it was better then the first, because I liked both books equally.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 12-31-2004, 10:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

since there's a second part to the book and a third .do you guys think that they'll be two other movies after the first one? like the princes diaries.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TrinIty
since there's a second part to the book and a third .do you guys think that they'll be two other movies after the first one? like the princes diaries.
Well if this movie becomes a big hit (and most likely it will), there probably would be more of a chance that, it would happen, unless the main actresses (Alexis, Amber, Blake & America) didn't want to continue doing the sequel and so on.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 01-01-2005, 06:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by TrinIty
soulstarshine you won't be dissapointed. they 're great actresses.top notch
I'm looking forward to it.

I started reading the second book today and so far, IMO it's better than the first. I can't wait to get the third one.

Old 01-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by soulstarshine
I'm looking forward to it.

I started reading the second book today and so far, IMO it's better than the first. I can't wait to get the third one.
yeah i;m going to read the first one as soon as it comes out in paperback cause the hard cover is sold out.i can't wait.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:46 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, I think the decision to make a second movie will depend on the availability of the actresses and the success of the first movie.

I think this movie will do okay though. Fans of America, GG, and Joan will probably want to see the movie. Fans of the books will also want to see the movie. And it should appeal to pre-teen and teen girls, especially since it's coming out at the beginning of the summer. It looks like a cute summer movie.