Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-24-2004, 02:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Roxy, what a beautiful avi you have!
Are there more websites for SotTP popping up now, you think?
Old 12-24-2004, 07:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Sorry for the double post.
More positive reviews coming in from people (at IMDB, take it as you will) who have seen advance screenings for SotTP. Sounds like all the Alexis-as-Lena skeptics are being proven wrong, very pleasantly.
Excerpts:
Quote:
everyone was perfect. I totally didnt think Alexis Bledel was right for Lena, but I think she did it perfect. She shocked me. She was beautiful and her acting was perfect for Lena.
Where are these advanced screenings? Aah, must I wait 6 more months?
Old 12-24-2004, 11:07 AM
Master Fan

thats so great. Im glad Alexis is proving people wrong. Not that i had any doubt.

My books arrived today. I think i may just give in and read them, i havent had anything good to read in a while.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:12 PM
Addicted Fan

I wonder how die-hard fans have been having problems picturing Alexis as Leno, but then after some have seen the screening, have said she is perfect for the role? It's good to hear, not that I had any doubt either.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovetheshins
I wonder how die-hard fans have been having problems picturing Alexis as Leno, but then after some have seen the screening, have said she is perfect for the role? It's good to hear, not that I had any doubt either.
Alexis as Leno?? I don't think she has the chin for it, but I have no doubt she could pull it off.

Sorry Shins, I couldn't resist.
Old 12-25-2004, 07:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by banjojd
Alexis as Leno?? I don't think she has the chin for it, but I have no doubt she could pull it off.

Sorry Shins, I couldn't resist.
Oh. my. I completely deserve that. Actually, Alexis does have a dimple chin which I think is so cute, but yeah, uh... slight typo of mockable proportions. LenO, LenA, not the same, eh?
Old 12-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Master Fan

Well i started reading the books and i was up so lte last night just coz i couldnt stop. Im not gonna have the prob about picturing Alexis as Lena though because I already am. Just knowing she plays Lena in the movie I picture her as i read. And i keep picturing Amber as Tibby too.
Old 12-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

lol i do the same thing.

i know this is stupid but i can't get it out of my head.do et clip of the sisterhood i was watching it and i fell in love with the backround music or it sounded really familiar but i can't place it i was wondering if anyone recognized the song and please can you tell me . i can't stop thinking about it .thanks. the second song the song in the end i think its mandy moore or the song that started playing when alexis came out and she said something about her liking how she worked with people her age.

Last edited by TrinIty; 12-27-2004 at 02:37 AM
Old 12-27-2004, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

Oh! I've seen this book in Borders! Though I've never read it, it sounds funny. I might check it out before I see the movie, which I will definetly be watching. :nod;
Old 12-27-2004, 06:38 AM
Elite Fan

You should read it, Jack! Mainly because I say so. And because the book is awesome.

And Maz, I understand how you couldn't stop. Whe I read the first one, I couldn't take my eyes off it. And the same for the sequel.
Dearest Cecilia, the story can resume. The one I had been planning on that evening walk. I can become again the man who once crossed the Surrey Park at dusk, in my best suit, swaggering on the promise of life. The man who, with the clarity of passion, made love to you in the library. The story can resume. I will return. Find you, love you, marry you and live without shame.
|| JESS
Old 12-27-2004, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

my friend read that book and i told her i would read it which i only sorta inteaded to do but i think i will definetely read it now :nod.:
AbolishPuppyFactories
Old 12-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Master Fan

i've finished reading the first book and i really liked it. i didnt think it was brilliant, but it kept me hooked. and i can def see it doing well as a movie.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:48 PM
Master Fan

I read the book last summer, and I liked it. I didn't think it was brilliant either, but it'll probably make a good movie, like you said Maz.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

yeah i could def picture alot of the stuff that was happening in my mind so i cant wait to see it on the big screen. i think Alexis will make a perfect Lena actually.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

You know, I never really pictured Alexis as Lena, I pictured somebody a little tanner but knowing that at least a very good actress is playing Lena is what makes me comfortable. It's more about character than looks, so I'm glad they chose Alexis. Not to mention Amber Tamblyn as Tibby. Yay!

I really hope they choose somebody good for Kostos.